Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

72 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AMP, AMP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 27 2021, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

ASIC, the corporate regulator, has taken AMP to court for deducting insurance premiums from the superannuation accounts of more than 2000 customers despite being notified of their death.

... and I bet someone got a bonus for cutting costs by axing that section.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 6 2021, 08:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 16 2021, 06:42 PM

In one of his first executive decisions, AMP Australia CEO Scott Hartley has undercut the $840 billion market for platforms and slashed fees by up to 22 per cent.
and all that tells me is ...
a) they were overcharging ....

b) how can AMP have been competitive ...

c) what about the TRINITY. The customer, the employees and the management? All rather lopsided.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 16 2021, 06:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 11 2021, 07:32 AM

AMP .... record low shareprice.... closing at $1.19

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 11 2021, 07:32 AM
  Quote Post

AMP Capital remains in play as part of a potential corporate transaction from the US-based Ares Management, but AMP was dumped as an acquisition last night.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Nov 3 2020, 09:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 2 2020, 09:51 AM

If US private equity group, Ares follows through with a complete bid for all of AMP’s shares at $1.85 each, then the bid is done and dusted.

AMP yesterday revealed that a filing Ares made with the US Securities and Exchange Commission had indicated a bid price for AMP shares of $1.85 cash each.

That compares to $1.28 before Friday’s announcement of an approach from Ares.

The $1.85 a share values AMP at around $6.4 billion and is rich enough to force other bidders (if they are there) from the field and leave the US group alone.

AMP shares ended at $1.68, up 9.8% (after a 20% jump last Friday).

The market knows the deal is done if the bid finally appears in a complete and binding form.

But it is early days.

Ares said in its Securities and Exchange Commission: “The diligence and discussions are very preliminary and there is no certainty that any transaction will occur on the proposed terms, within any particular time frame, or at all.”

Some brokers reckon Macquarie Group could emerge with a bid.

Macquarie will have the chance to comment on any interest with its interim results being announced this Friday.
=======================

early birds
post Posted: Nov 2 2020, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 30 2020, 09:02 AM

AMP shares have shot 7.8 per cent higher to $1.65 after it said the proposed takeover offer from Ares Management has an implied value of $1.85 a share, a 20 per cent premium to Friday's closing price.

============================

so value at 1.85 per share!! hope some other bidder comes in pump it over 2 bucks???? unsure.gif
for sack of long term holder [ or sufferer ]. man!! it is a sad case for investors!! sadsmiley02.gif

early birds
post Posted: Oct 30 2020, 09:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mags's post @ Oct 30 2020, 08:32 AM

the shareholders have been ripped off, while the directors, their suppliers and consulting buddies make off with millions each??

================

i guess that is the case ------------usually!! weirdsmiley.gif

up 20% as i type, !! but only over 1.50 man !!! think of how much is their flow price 23 bucks or something as i can remember!!

Mags
post Posted: Oct 30 2020, 08:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 30 2020, 07:58 AM

didn't mention how much they gonna pay for it???

Too much is my guess: Who wants to bet when the covers are lifted, the asset prices have been ridiculously inflated, the debts and liabilities are extra ordinary, and surprise surprise, the shareholders have been ripped off, while the directors, their suppliers and consulting buddies make off with millions each??

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 30 2020, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Oleg's post @ Aug 14 2020, 06:22 PM

rescuer is coming....

https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-ser...20201030-p569z1

AMP has confirmed an acquisition offer from New York Stock Exchange-listed investment giant Ares Management to acquire all of its shares, potentially saving the embattled 171-year-old wealth manager from being broken up.

However, it is understood some potential acquirers are only interested in the more attractive parts of AMP including the infrastructure and unlisted property investment functions of its flagship AMP Capital subsidiary and its growing North wealth management platform.

================
didn't mention how much they gonna pay for it??? unsure.gif

Oleg
post Posted: Aug 14 2020, 06:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 14 2020, 03:34 PM

Everyone’s been talking down amp the media are after them but it’s not all as bad as it seems and divi is good reward for loyal holders!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

72 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING