Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Frustrated with Sharescene Posters, Why isnt there more activity/discussion
Barrios
post Posted: Jan 24 2005, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

Been away for three days R & R with the family.

Just like to say thanks for all the replies, it turned into a good discussion.

Anne you summed up my thoughts beautifully. (is that spelled right ?)

We are certainly a varied bunch. wink.gif

--------------------
PDYOR There is a good chance my advice is worth what you paid for it.

mminion
post Posted: Jan 24 2005, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

kahuna1

Personally I welcome people who don't like stocks that I like. It gives you the other side of the argument and you are then able to go away and analyise what they have said. Sometimes this may help you with your position. Sometimes you may listen, sometimes after looking at it disagree, but that's the whole reason behind a chat site.
No use if everyone has the same view. Better to get the other side and see what others concerns are and add them to your trading decision process

We are all different… but there is one common goal that glues ALL investors together, we all aim to make a profit.

Hopefully we have persuaded some non posters into the world of posting (that was the original point of this topic) Can I now suggest we move our energy from this topic into the 1500+ company threads available on Sharescene.com and together, help each other achieve our common goal.

Cheers
Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

kahuna1
post Posted: Jan 24 2005, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: happy2 on Sunday 23/01/05 09:00pm

I agree with all you say happy,

Would add just one more.

Person knows a lot of posters are long a stock on the chat site, so to gain attention comes out when the stock is $1.00 and posts a two liner and saying he thinks it is going to $0.60.

No logical reasoning behind it, its just to be annoying.
It happens less on SS but still happens.

Funny thing the big trading god in the sky is watching. Personally a firm believer in fate, so when the annoying posters favourite stock drops 25% on some bad news I know there is a god. Silly boy even after the drop comes out again with the call of a 40% drop in the other stock he has no real interest in ... what he hasn't worked out yet is that "what goes around comes around ". He may gain some peverse pleasure from his call, like a child stirring up an ants nest, but at the same time, in the stock he is actually long and desperatly trying to call up, well the same ants nest is busily eating all the foundations and is making way for the next 25% drop.

Whilst trying to cause trouble in another stock, the one he is actually long, he is not paying attention to. Announcements come out that are negative, yet because of the love affair with his stock, he falls deeper in love when it goes lower. In frustration he has another dig at the other stock he isn't long, calling it down 40% yet again.

Slightly perverse, but rather than responding to this type of idiot, I am awaiting the next fall in the stock he is in love with.

Life is not fair.

Trading however sorts out this sort of stuff.

Personally I welcome people who don't like stocks that I like. It gives you the other side of the argument and you are then able to go away and analyise what they have said. Sometimes this may help you with your position. Sometimes you may listen, sometimes after looking at it disagree, but thats the whole reason behind a chat site.

No use if everyone has the same view. Better to get the other side and see what others concerns are and add them to your trading decision process.

The one or two liner call for a stock to rise or fall by 40% is useless without the reasoning behind it. Even worse is if the reason given is say technical, when the call is for a 30% rise when the stock is going down and has been going down for some time.

Hmmm annoying
But amusing ...

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

romaioi
post Posted: Jan 24 2005, 03:04 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Krumbs @ Sunday 23/01/05 02:30am)

How do we do it???

I think this is our medium mate. We just have to weary of those who are as happy2 described and take the good with the bad. But I don't mind a bit of drivel, it can be fun. But yes, talking to yourself aint always helpful.

--------------------
Carpe Diem - its the brush head way.

Krumbs
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 10:25 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: LookingConfident on Sunday 23/01/05 10:23pm

lmaosmiley.gif very helpful LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 09:23 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Krumbs on Sunday 23/01/05 05:30pm

Romaioi ... You said ...

< Seeing that we are all relative small players compared with the institutions and sophisticated and inside traders, we should all try to help each other out as much as possible. >

Krumbs ... You said ....

< romaioi I agree with you 100%. It should be us collectively against them (broking houses), lol. We only play with half a deck in terms of information acccess (analysis, trading tools) and financial clout. But how do we do it ??? >

LC says ..... We could all play for matchsticks, maybe?

smile.gif
Cheers !!

smile.gif
LC

happy2
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (skorpian @ Sunday 23/01/05 08:03pm)

you see, I appreciate your reply !!! In stead of me sitting out there wondering if anyone is reading what I post !

apologies for that drivel post

skorpian,

Depends how you define "drivel".

Condescension is another issue people have to deal with on these forums, too--perceived and real. I suppose I should make mention of arrogance, haughtiness and superciliousness. Then there is vanity, egoism and other self-erotic indulgences.

Then there are those you fall in love with stocks who create their own problems.

But maybe it is the ulterior motive behind every post that keeps certain people paranoid. ph34r.gif

Not to mention those who employ subtle techniques to push their own agenda.

Worst of all is when you take a hour to write up a post (including research) and then it gets censored. People disinclined to make contributions. Although if they save their posts, they can post them elsewhere. So all is not lost in the self-publication stakes.

Worse than all the above is the person who rants, raves, and relishes rubbish. Sounds like someone I know....(better not look in the mirror) puke.gif

--------------------
Have a good one

Happy 2

"Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification".

Caveat Emptor: the above comments are merely opinion, not advice.

kiril
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 07:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: anne on Sunday 23/01/05 07:36pm

Anne,

Nothing to Brag about....sold well and truely too early on KMN.

After all these years...still havent been able to learn how to sell at the top...or in this case....we might still not be there.

Agreed with you re the similarities between BSG and KMN...so when it came to picking one....naturally I went for the cheaper one.....LUCK!!!

Been meaning to get back in over the last month or so...but it is so hard to pay a price higher than you last sold it for.

Cant really go into detail as to how I got onto both these companies but contrary to what appears to be a lot of interest in the Mexican tenamant....Its activities up north (domesitically) are what I was waiting for. Since the company has not gained much attention for that.....leads me to believe there may still be good times ahead.

Anne, reason I asked you if you looked it up 6 months ago, was to find out if you unearthed anything interesting. As from your NMC research..I found your analysis very thourough.

Thanks for your reply.

Kiril

Krumbs
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 07:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: anne on Sunday 23/01/05 08:36pm

I looked at KMN just after the San Anton (?) deal was announced and could not believe they could get all that so cheaply. I thought it was a bit smelly so went elsewhere, not really thinking fo the trade value.

Well done though to all those who got on. Hope it's real.

anne
post Posted: Jan 23 2005, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Kiril

No, I did check out your kmn -- noted that it seemed really similar to bsg in that Norm Skekold was in charge and both were finding phenomenal grades in Mexico.

I was already invested in bsg and I ended up backing it some more. I made some money out of BSG but certainly not 600%!

So why do you reckon KMN flew and BSG didn't? Same managment, same good finds.

In fact BSG looks mighty unloved lately - since they did that incomprehensible deal with the canadians. I sold out at that point because I figured the BSG management was intelligent to make their announcement comprehensible if they had wanted to -- so therefore they were up to something suspicious.

Well done on your KMN - - but what is the true motivation of your post? You're not bragging are you?!!!

Cheers Anne

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING