Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ETR, ETRADE AUSTRALIA LIMITED
cognitive
post Posted: Feb 19 2007, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

Calling all ETRADE holders and users: DO NOT ACCEPT THE TAKEOVER OFFER

If anyone else out there holds Etrade, in my opinion this takeover offer from ANZ is highly opportunistic. The company is still cheap and fast becoming a total cash cow as the critical mass has been reached to cover fixed costs and all everything else falls straight to the bottome line. Etrade is growing rapidly and having folded in the HSBC clients also has plans to provide Australian/NZ traders with access to American markets. Given its market leading position and strong growth trajectory, this offer of a mere 10% premium to last weeks closing price is a low ball! Also, if anyone else uses ETRADE currently also be sure that they will raise prices as soon as they gain full control just as they did with Direct Broking in New Zealand. thumbdown.gif

Disc; hold and WILL NOT sell (not below $5 anyway!!)

trailer trash
post Posted: Nov 29 2006, 06:35 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all etraders, just bought in today. I like this stock long term in my portfolio. Hope the current management team can really get this one going, or someone else's fancies a go!.

pharlap
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: SpookyOz on Tuesday 03/10/06 10:15am

I agree with SpookyOz, eversince my account has been transferred from Directshares nothing but trouble. Maybe someone can recommend a reliable operator that links well to a bank account?

SpookyOz
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

They wont be a cash cow much longer if they can't get their website working...what a screw up!!! grrr.gif

Lamare
post Posted: Aug 9 2006, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: drarthur on Friday 23/06/06 10:54am

Too true this company is a cash cow, record net profits just announced.
Don’t forget ANZ are a large shareholder, read the report it’s all positive, plus the new web page is first class.
I have a number of accounts with Etrade and very satisfied, I own etrade stock, every time I trade I add income to my company, and it’s a nice feeling.
With the increasing interest in DIY super the future looks promising.

drarthur
post Posted: Jun 23 2006, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

the only time this cash cow is going to move in a serious trending way is when they start paying fully franked dividends. Only then wull fund managers and superfunds start to accumulate them in a serious way.

--------------------
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Lamare
post Posted: Jun 22 2006, 11:29 PM
  Quote Post

ETR's new web page is very good, have a look, this company must have a great future,
they are now the undisputed #2 in Aus, see the latest news in June.
ANZ are a major share holder.

vim
post Posted: Jan 10 2006, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: RobAde on Monday 09/01/06 02:24pm

Robade-don't write ETR off just yet. Chart MMA (multiple moving averages) shows possible retracement to 2.37/2.38. Regards.

drarthur
post Posted: Jan 9 2006, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

had to do with reasons of unpaid tax and tax investigations

--------------------
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RobAde
post Posted: Jan 9 2006, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: noddy1958 on Sunday 08/01/06 08:18pm

a research company placed a sell on them, hence the sell off. I managed to sell out with a reasonable 34% gain

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING