Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

750 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MARKET OUTLOOK - Global & Local, Perspectives & General Market Feeling
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

Wall Street rises; iron ore firms

Here are the overnight market highlights:
  • AUD flat to 77.07 US cents
  • Bitcoin on bitstamp.net $US40,066.35
  • On Wall St: Dow -0.3% S&P 500 +0.2% Nasdaq +0.7%
  • In Europe: Stoxx 50 +0.1% ; FTSE +0.2% ; DAX -0.1% ; CAC +0.2%
  • In New York: BHP -0.5% ; Rio -0.6% ; Atlassian +2.8%
  • Spot gold -0.74 per cent to $US1,863.60 an ounce
  • Brent crude +0.25 per cent to $US72.87 a barrel
  • US oil flat to $US70.90 a barrel
  • Iron ore +0.68 per cent to $US220.77 a tonne
  • 2-year yield: US 0.16 per cent ; Australia -0.01 per cent
  • 5-year yield: US 0.79 per cent ; Australia 0.69 per cent
  • 10-year yield: US 1.50 per cent ; Australia 1.48 per cent ; Germany -0.25 per cent

ASX to open higher. Check out the (negative) 2 yr AU bond yield

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Jun 10 2021, 08:55 AM
  Quote Post

What is a triple witching?
Triple witching is when the expiration of stock options, stock index futures, and stock index options all fall on the same day. It only happens four times a year Ė on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December Ė which can create a spike in trading volume and volatility.

Sometimes triple witching is called quadruple witching, as single stock options were added in 2002 and also expire on the same quarterly dates.

Unlike investing, using derivatives like futures and options carry an expiry date. This has the benefit of enabling traders to speculate on what the price of the underlying market will be over a specific period. Once the expiry date arrives, any contract holders will need to buy or sell the underlying asset in question.

On a triple witching day, nearly double the number of contracts expire than in any other week, which is what creates the market movements that triple witching day is known for.

The underlying markets will see volatility in the week leading up to triple witching, but the most active period is the final hour before the market closes on the day, known as the witching hour. This is when parties rush to close their positions, offset them or roll them over. Even those who have only opened speculative positions on the futures or options contracts will need to decide whether to close, offset, or roll over their trade at expiry.

Sometimes, triple witching events can come and go with little volatility. This is especially true after weekly and daily expirations became available, as activity became more spread out. However, it will all depend on the context in which the event happens, so itís important to look at news and analysis in the run-up to the witching day.

Check out our latest news.

Triple witching calendar 2021-2022
June 18, 2021
September 17, 2021
December 17, 2021
March 18, 2022
June 17, 2022
September 16, 2022
December 16, 2022

========================
just in case someone not aware these market events [ it might make market jumping up and down]

early birds
post Posted: Jun 9 2021, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jun 9 2021, 11:59 AM

i bought it at 0.081 soon i bought them, the SP dived!! lmaosmiley.gif

is that you who is selling plasic?? lmaosmiley.gif

early birds
post Posted: Jun 9 2021, 12:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jun 9 2021, 11:59 AM

i bought it at 0.081 soon i bought them, the SP dived!! lmaosmiley.gif

is that you who is selling plasic?? lmaosmiley.gif

plastic
post Posted: Jun 9 2021, 11:59 AM
  Quote Post

Watch out below!

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

early birds
post Posted: Jun 9 2021, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 9 2021, 08:25 AM

bought few POS ----for the small nickel play
not sure is goon move or not?? unsure.gif saw it had "nice ann" and price dropped, typical "sell on news" stuff. market never changes!! lmaosmiley.gif

on the global market , think EU is better and safe bet. imho!!

nipper
post Posted: Jun 9 2021, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

Australian shares are set to open higher, perhaps resetting its record high, as shares on Wall Street hovered near record highs ahead of the US May CPI report on Friday AEST.

ASX futures were up 10 points or 0.1 per cent to 7314 near 7am AEST. The currency slipped.

AUD .... -0.2% to 77.37 US cents
Bitcoin on bitstamp.net -1.5% to $US33,553
On Wall St: Dow -0.1% ; S&P 500 flat ; Nasdaq +0.3%
In New York: BHP +1.6% ; Rio +0.6% ; Atlassian +0.4%
Tesla -0.3% ; Amazon +2.1% ; Apple +0.7%
In Europe: Stoxx 50 flat ; FTSE +0.3% ; CAC +0.1% ; DAX -0.2%
Spot gold ... -0.3% to $US1893.15/oz at 2.39pm New York time
Brent crude ... +1.1% to $US72.28 a barrel
US oil ... +1.2% to $US70.07 a barrel
Iron ore ... +3.5% to $US209.50 a tonne
2-year yield: US 0.15% Australia 0.04%
5-year yield: US 0.77% ; Australia 0.78%
10-year yield: US 1.53% ; Australia 1.60% ; Germany -0.23%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

plastic
post Posted: Jun 5 2021, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 4 2021, 10:46 PM

Phillips curve theory has been debunked. Inflation is more to do with the velocity of money.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

early birds
post Posted: Jun 4 2021, 10:46 PM
  Quote Post

U.S. unemployment rate drops to 5.8% as economy generates 559,000 new jobs in May ó pointing to widespread labor shortages

==================================

labor shortages??? means boss gonna pay more---leads to inflation!! am i right??> tongue.gif

early birds
post Posted: Jun 3 2021, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

Is Chinaís A50 ready to bust higher?

Chinaís economy has slowly been grinding higher. Unlike other countries, which faced a steep contraction of economic activity and then a quick spike in activity, Chinaís recovery has been moving slowly and steadily higher. Manufacturing PMI has been steady between 50.6 and 52.1 over the past year, however intense input and output price increases have dulled the data series lately. Chinaís inflation data is due out next week. Traders will be watching to see if CPI is able to uptick from Aprilís reading of 0.9%. Current expectations are for 1%. With the slow but steady growth, current low headline CPI data, and increased demand from abroad, one may think Chinaís stocks are flying. However, China is a having raw material input issues of its own, which may be holding stocks back. They are rising, but not soaring.

The China A50 Index gives investors access to the China domestic A shares. The main stock index grinded higher into mid-February of this year, near 20603, before pulling back as the RSI was in overbought territory and diverging from price. The A50 Index pulled back and held support at the spike high from July 6, 2021 (dark green line), near 16486. As price began to move higher, it broke above a downward sloping trendline from early March and is currently forming a flag pattern.

Notice how price moved to the 50% retracement level from the February 18th highs to the April 15th lows, near 18544, before consolidating in its current pattern. The lower shadows on the candlesticks over the last 5 sessions indicate that although there was selling early in each day, buyers entered the market and took control each session towards the closes. The lows of the flag are holding support at the 100-day moving average just above 17943. If price breaks above 18400, it will break out of the top of the flag. The target of a flag pattern is the length of the flagpole added to the breakout point of the flag. In this case itís near 19260. However, if price is to reach its target, it must first pass through the previously mentioned 50% retracement level at 18544 and the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level from the same timeframe near 19030. In the event price canít hold the 100 Day Moving Average at the bottom of the flag, horizontal support is just below at 17791, ahead of what would be a retest of the downward sloping trendline from early March, near 17200.

If China is to continue with its recovery and stock market indices are to continue to move higher, the China A50 Index must first break out of its flag formation. The target is near 19260. If price does reach the target, it may well continue its way to the February all-time highs!

==============================
been told to be aggressive with A50!!!

750 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING