Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

500 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Dec 1 2019, 02:41 PM
  Quote Post

Seems like it's Yasir Shah's day. Put Stark back on for goodness sake.

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 30 2019, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 30 2019, 09:33 AM

duplicate post

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 30 2019, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 30 2019, 09:33 AM

Agree that the pitches here are benign, but I also think the Kookaburra ball makes a big difference.
Australian batters shine in these benign conditions, but you would think other world class batsmen from other countries should also shine.
The same poms who drove Warner mad in England were done over 3 -1 .
They could not get any scores above 400. Australia managed three above 400.
In the last test Pakistan couldn't reach the OZ total in two innings.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the way things are going, this test will have OZ declaring twice for a few wickets and knocking pakistan over twice.
Mick

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 30 2019, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

The quality of TV coverage just seems to diminish year by year, in almost all sports. In cricket I guess sponsors want their five days worth, so groundsmen are pressured to make pretty benign pitches ..........too bad about the standard of cricket.
Commentators are pretty ordinary, although Ricky Ponting seems to try to be insightful and fair. Don't know what happens on Foxtel.

It will be interesting to see if the Aussie quicks can get any life out of this Adelaide pitch. If they do, then game over pretty quickly.

As far as Warner is concerned, I think he was just musing on what it would have been like to face Pakistan's best. I don't think he meant that he would have been able to handle them necessarily.

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Nov 30 2019, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

I see on macrobusiness that David Warner commented that he wished he could bat against decent Pakistani bowlers like Waqar and Wasim, and someone pointed out that he's just had the chance to perform against a class bowler in Suart Broad and flopped. As much as I like seeing Aussie batters do well, and continue to like watching Lambshanks, all the signs are that the conditions and the opposition are such that this series is just not a contest. Good for Channel 7 though as they will get their full 5 days to run all their special /human interest segments.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 10:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 29 2019, 09:52 AM

Good start by the Bananabenders. Khawaja seems a bit keen on batting second ..........

Fingers crossed for Adelaide.
Kiwis going OK in NZ.

Cheers
J

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

Yikes, after being sent in by Queensland skipper, Tassy 3 wickets down for four runs.
Steketee 3 for 2.
The latest selector G Bailey out for 2.
Must be a bit of a green top in Hobart.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 08:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 28 2019, 07:52 AM

...experienced, good tactician, knows present players in all form of the game, totally fair and unbiased.
... won't last, then?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 07:52 AM
  Quote Post

By the way, I think it's great that George Bailey has been appointed as a selector. He's experienced, good tactician, knows present players in all form of the game, totally fair and unbiased.

Excellent appointment.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 06:17 AM
  Quote Post

Justin Langer describing Marnus Labuschagne as among the most "coachable" players he has been involved with does not sound particularly special unless it is placed in the context of the vexed role for coaches over cricket's long history.

Says a lot about Langer . He obviously wants only players who fit his ideas. Great coaches have different methods for different personalities, recognise the strengths and weaknesses, find ways to get the best from the most talented players.

Langer is a "method" man. Short may he reign.

Cheers
J

500 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING