Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

500 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Jan 1 2020, 09:02 AM
  Quote Post

* Sorry, tried to post stats but didn't work.
Try this link to see stats
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/cont...er/1076721.html

Julian Linden in today's Australian is getting excited about Australia's new leg spinning hope. Maybe just a tad premature, after 4 first class matches.

I hope he does well, but I rather think that a couple of seasons of Sheffield Shield cricket might be in order.

Present statistics are pretty ordinary.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 29 2019, 05:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 29 2019, 12:22 PM

Umpires mostly do a fantastic job, getting an amazing percentage of decisions correct. There's the odd howler, but that's what DRS is for.

Well done Aussies, who had to work pretty hard today. Hope Stark is not injured.
Sydney will be different, but two spinners? I don't think so. I'll be surprised if any player is changed, unless there's an injury. As usual, put your best batsmen and bowlers out there and let them get on with it.

Kiwis will be disappointed, but the Aussies just haven't let them get into it.

Hats off to the Kiwi cheer squad who never let up .......

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 29 2019, 12:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 29 2019, 11:39 AM

Yea, thought he was a bit unlucky, but technically was a correct decision, but looking at it in nreal time, ya wonder how he could be sure that one was out, but the earlier one against Blundell that was going to smash leg stump was given not out.
drs has not removed the umpiring controversies at all.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 29 2019, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

Oh boy, another international incident in the making with Williamson being given out . smile.gif

Pattinson going really well and the Kiwis in deep doo doo. Can't say I feel sorry for them because they have played very negative cricket all series ........ a modern day body-line tactic.

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 28 2019, 07:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 28 2019, 01:25 PM

I thought the decision to bat again made sense for a number of reasons.
1.;Rest the OZ bowlers, tough they only bowled 55 overs.
2. Tire the black caps out both physically and mentally even more than they may be now.
3.Allow the pitch to deteriorate a little more, and the sun to bake it and open up a few cracks.
4. make a few more footmarks for Lyons to bowl into outside the left handers off stump.

But agree the decision to bowl Wade was madness.
Thought the decision not to overule the Sannter not out was a bit odd too.
Mick

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 28 2019, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

Poor decision from Paine to bat again ........... just what the NZers would want them to do. As for his decision to bowl Wade when the NZ batsmen were really struggling ........... what a brain-fade.

We should win handily, but not the way I would do it.

Cheers
J

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

triage
post Posted: Dec 15 2019, 04:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 14 2019, 08:43 AM

No idea why we batted on through last evening and into today ... almost as if they were trying to get a fifth day of tv time. Also clearly bowling in the late session is a tremendous quite possibly match winning advantage. You could argue it is similar to winning the toss on a greeentop and bowling first but winning the toss is pure luck whereas sides will wifully manipulate play to ensure they are bowling with a relatively new ball for the evening session.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 14 2019, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

Stark and Smith star again. True champions.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 13 2019, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 12 2019, 03:08 PM

Mmmm ....... not much of an entertaining spectacle yesterday. I had noticed that the Poms run rate in NZ was particularly low, and after watching yesterday I can understand why.
The Kiwis are bowling very tight lines , placing fielders precisely, and waiting for frustrated batsmen to make a mistake. I've not got a problem with this, so long as the Kiwis don't try to play the "we play attractive cricket" card.
It is a very controlled and controlling tactic, which the Aussies would no doubt be aware of, and it will be interesting to see how they cope with such stifling play. Smith finally couldn't stand it and got out. Fair enough.

Another hot day coming up and I do hope our Aussies can patiently play out most of the day, and put the Kiwis in later.

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 12 2019, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

Alem Dar umpires his 129th test today in perth, and thus becomes the umpire with the most tests.
Well done to him.
Was having a look at the list of umpires in order of matches umpired.
Obviously, most of the top 50 have been in the modern era when neutral umpires were used.
Given that India is such a powerhouse in world cricket these days, such that they can dictate to home teams when DRS is used or when and how many day/night tests are played,
I find it rather surprising that there are only two umpires from India in that top 50., and only one of them is a current umpire in the Elite umpire panel.
Off to watch it on TV.
Mick

--------------------

500 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING