Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

498 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Dec 9 2019, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 8 2019, 07:14 PM

T , I think it's up tp the women cricketers themselves to change Channel 7's approach. They should be quietly disabusing the TV spin doctors of the idea that women's cricket is a "hit and giggle" affair, as shown by Ch 7 in this latest series. The male commentator seemed to be the worst performer, apparently to applause from Ch 7 producers.

The broadcast really dumbed down women's cricket, and the women should be complaining loudly. To be having comments thrown back and forth as the bowler is running in is as unprofessional as it can get. Reduces it to a circus.

There were plenty of professional cricket efforts happening, by the rather quiet and serious players who seemed by and large to shun the Ch 7 circus.

Good luck to the women, and I hope they demand a more professional offering from the company providing TV coverage.

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Dec 8 2019, 07:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 8 2019, 09:48 AM

J - I heard one of the Cricket Australia bosses interviewed on ABC radio this morning and he was asked what did Channel 7 tell them was the best thing about this season's women's comp. No, it wasn't the overall improvement in the skills levels on show, nor the emergence of genuine high profile stars, nor the number of great contests on show etc etc. No, Channel 7 apparently reckons the accessability (spelling?) of the players was the highlight. Yes, the mindless drivel of Ms Harris - and she herself said this morning she was quite surprised that the tv company wanted her to continue babbling on - is what Channel 7 is looking to serve up rather than actual cricket.

And back to the cricket: a couple of missed chances in the field made it a comfortable win for the Heat. Congrats to all involved.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 8 2019, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 8 2019, 08:29 AM

Yes T, I also was pretty unimpressed with the bowling and fielding standards. You'd think the bowlers could manage at least a couple of good length balls per over.
I cannot bear to listen to the vacuous commentary ........ "mute" is where my control stays. And as for the "star" player who cannot stop her inane drivel for a second, how she managed to get the score she did is a mystery. Her sister's effort was beyond abysmal. Luckily for Brisbane a couple of more mature players saw them home comfortably.

Good luck to Brisbane today, on another uncomfortably hot day. My son and his kids were there yesterday, and going again today .... beggars for punishment !!

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Dec 8 2019, 08:29 AM
  Quote Post

Go the heat. Some very ordinary fielding and bowling in the two semis yesterday but looking forward to today's contest (not keen on the stream of consciousness commentary from the bowler as she is in the process of bowling - not insight, just drivel - but of course you can rely on Channel 7 to lower the standards of anything they touch).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 7 2019, 05:07 PM
  Quote Post

How to make the opposition happy ......... QLD 6/240 ......... all out for 240 ! sad.gif

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 7 2019, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 7 2019, 02:29 PM

It's all about AFL ............

Will be interesting to see what the groundsman comes up with.

Cheers
J

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 7 2019, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

With only 3 weeks till the Boxing day test, the MVG pitch is under some serious examination after the shield game was called off by umpires due to a substandard pitch,
Last year it got a c- rating for the test, would be bit of a tragedy if the MCG were ta=ken off the acceptable grounds list.
To the a$$ho;le who came up with the idea of drop in pitches, I hope you are satisfied.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

triage
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 07:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 5 2019, 07:43 AM

J - Willis was a real overachiever as he was a bit of a make-do by the poms seeing they had no one else who was an out and out fast bowler. In the end he was deservedly rewarded for his perseverance: he was a tough test cricketer. My memory was that he was always a yard short of being fast enough and for him to put in a decent bouncer he used to bowl outrageous no balls - it wasn't as if his foot was just missing the line, for some of his no balls he was half a stride over the line and it wasn't as if he bowled these howlers every so often, particularly as he aged.

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 6 2019, 04:42 PM
  Quote Post

Trenaman is the latest Australian cricketer to step back from the game for mental health reasons this season. Sophie Molineux, the Melbourne Renegades and Australia allrounder, announced last month that she was taking a break which followed the decisions taken by Glenn Maxwell, Will Pucovski and Nic Maddinson.

Rachel Trenaman is the latest cricketer to take a break for mental health reasons.

What's going on ??

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 5 2019, 07:43 AM
  Quote Post

Bob Willis has died. Gave a few Aussie batsmen a bit of curry, and won the test for the Poms at Headingly with 8/43. Seriously good bowler.

Cheers
J

498 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING