Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

LIC, LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 02:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 13 2019, 11:42 AM

LIC adding to its portfolio

Lifestyle Communities acquires a new site on the Bellarine Peninsula
Lifestyle Communities Limited (ASX code: LIC) advises that it has executed a Contract of Sale to purchase a site
in St Leonards located on Victoria’s Bellarine Peninsula. Settlement is expected to occur at the end of 2020 with
construction anticipated to commence soon afterwards.

Managing Director James Kelly said, “St Leonards will be our second community on the Bellarine Peninsula and
our fourth within the wider Geelong catchment. The site is well positioned close to the beach and town centre and
will provide an affordable, active and engaging environment for baby-boomers to downsize on the Bellarine.”

As a result of this acquisition, Lifestyle Communities’ portfolio will increase by approximately 170 home sites to
3,730 which includes sites in planning, development or under management.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

FWIW - Lifestyle Communities: Goldman Sachs raises price target 21 per cent
Robert Guy

Retirement living provider Lifestyle Communities has earned a 21 per cent upgrade to its price target from Goldman Sachs, while the broker lifted its target for Ingenia by 14 per cent.

The broker lifted its target on Lifestyle Communities to $10 a share, citing accelerating capital recycling that should allow the company to deliver at least two communities a year.

Goldman says the company remains self-funding with no need for additional equity, adding that its growing annuity asset base and contracting cap rates should allow it to debt-fund land acquisitions and developments.

The greater-Melbourne area also provides the company a strong tailwind because it has a lot of flat land available for development, higher population growth than the national average, and a growing proportion of retiree-aged people with no retirement savings outside the family home.

Goldman Sachs also lifted their price target on Ingenia Communities by 14 per cent to $5 a share.

The broker said the company is well-placed to grow at around 10 per cent a year as it focuses on developing its strong on-balance sheet pipeline and joint venture greenfields projects.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jul 31 2019, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

Due to new home settlements achieved in FY19 and a 0.5% reduction in the capitalisation rate used by the independent valuers (from 7.5% to 7.0%), there has been a material uplift in the value of the Company’s property portfolio, and this will impact the statutory profit result for FY19.

Subject to the finalisation of the year end audit, the Company expects to report:
- Underlying net profit after tax attributable to shareholders of $40.5 - $41.5 million; and
- Statutory net profit after tax attributable to shareholders of $54.5 – $55.5 million.

New home settlements for FY19 were 337.
👍

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 4 2018, 07:49 AM
  Quote Post

Living the pre-fabricated life: it's a boom for listed landlords

https://www.afr.com/real-estate/residential...20180731-h13dto
As metropolitan house prices fall, there is another property play investors may consider.... It is led by listed players including Ingenia Communities, Gateway Lifestyle and Lifestyle Communities, which have grown to have a combined market value of close to $2 billion. In a sometimes sedentary property sector, they are growth stocks, tapping into demand from the expanding bubble of Baby Boomers retiring with not enough cash in the bank to live comfortably through their golden years.

....The high cost of housing in Australia – stimulated by tax incentives and fuelled by years of cheap credit – and the swelling ranks of senior Australians heading into retirement are perennial topics at the proverbial barbecue.

Less well known is the remarkable level of relative poverty, by global standards, of those retirees. Among the OECD nations, Australia has the third-highest rate of relative income poverty for people aged over 65 at 25.7 per cent, following Korea and Latvia. The OECD metric is based on the proportion of the population with disposable incomes of less than 50 per cent of the median household. By contrast, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the Slovak Republic have the lowest poverty rates, all between 3 per cent and 4 per cent.

The latest Household, Income, Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) survey out this week also showed that people aged 65 and over face the highest level of income inequality within their age group, compared with other age cohorts. Australian retirees' nest eggs are small too. The median superannuation balance for men aged 60-64 is $110,000. For women it's $36,000. That's a long way short of the $545,000 needed for a comfortable retirement for a single person, according to the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia.

"We fall into the trap of thinking the typical retiree is worried about their $2 million account in their SMSF and is walking down the beach in pastel knitwear with perfect teeth and a labrador," said Ross Elliott from property consultancy APP. "But it only applies to a very small minority of the population. Most people don't have the sort of money to buy their way into the typical retirement product."

But they do have enough to get into a prefab home on a manufactured housing estate. And, so goes the theory, they'll have enough left over after selling their home to top up their underfunded retirement.

Gateway is selling its new homes on a net average price of $257,000. On top of that residents pay a weekly site rent. The average weekly rent is $146.

At Lifestyle Communities, which is focused on Victoria and levies a deferred management fee, site fees are $173 per single and $200 per couple per week per home. The average sales prices for those moving out of their Lifestyle home was $365,962 in the 2018 first half.

At Ingenia, land rents average $160 per week. New homes are selling for $310,000 on average. In regional areas that could drop to $180,000, while Ingenia has also sold some dwellings around Newcastle for $600,000.

"The one absolute certainty is that there's a lot of people about to get a lot older," said Mr Elliott, who does not see the prospect of improving super balances over the next 10 years putting a dint in the prefab housing business model. "And it's also fairly predictable that their housing needs are going to be different to what they were when they were raising a family. The uncertainty is how the market can respond in sufficient volume to meet that appetite."

"What really underpins our model is that we're not so much selling a home, we talk to our residents about 'what would your life look like if you had an extra couple of hundred thousands dollars in the bank to support the pension?'" Ingenia chief executive Simon Owen said. "There's a meaningful arbitrage between what the resident can sell their home for and what their buy-in price is in one of our communities."

.... But the three companies face challenges too. The main one is the built communities are a land-hungry model that requires access to lower-cost real estate. Another key risk is the state of the broader residential market. A meltdown would disrupt the transition of downsizers into the prefab communities.

... landlords do not just rely on home sales. At Ingenia for example that revenue accounts for just 30 per cent of its total income. The rest is from the rent roll, an annuity style income that flows on regardless of vicissitudes in the property market. Much of that income total, in turn, is underpinned by government-funded pensions. "Our residents have very low credit risk," Mr Owen said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2018, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 14 2018, 11:51 AM

Due to
- strong new home settlements achieved in FY2018,
- higher than expected prices for existing home sales (which leads to higher deferred management fees being used for valuation purposes) and
- a 0.25% reduction in the capitalisation rate used by the independent valuers (from 7.75% to 7.5%),

there has been a material uplift in the value of the Company's property portfolio and this will impact the statutory profit result for FY2018. Subject to the finalisation of the year end audit, the Company expects to report:
- Underlying net profit after tax attributable to shareholders of $33-34 million; and
- Statutory net profit after tax attributable to shareholders of $52-53 million.

New home settlements for FY2018 were 321.

The Company will announce its audited FY2018 financial results on 15 August 2018

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 14 2018, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

North Americans are considered somewhat experts at running so-called trailer parks — now called Residential Land Lease Communities with modular housing rather than trailers —
by any other name, pretty basic
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/d...abe5f889b6aa743

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JSB  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

somewhat similar player - an Australian owned and operated company in the development and management of residential parks. It operates in the Manufactured Home Estates (MHE) sector of the broader aged accommodation industry.
US group Hometown America Corporation has stormed into Australia's home manufactured home estate sector, making a takeover bid for listed player Gateway Lifestyle Group GTY. The $635 million bid at $2.10 per share is at a premium to Gateway's last close of $1.83 and the US group has tied up a major slice of the target's register.

Hometown has entered into pre-bid agreements with four fund managers under which it has acquired a relevant interest in over 17.5 per cent of Gateway's shares. Hometown started boosting its local holdings with the purchase a NSW asset last year but the takeover play will put in the big league of operators in the growing sector.

Gateway said that the proposal it had received was confidential, indicative and non-binding and was proposed via way of schemes of arrangement.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 29 2016, 01:45 PM
  Quote Post

Business Snapshot
• Founded in 2003
• Develop and manage land lease communities which generate long-term sustainable revenue streams
• Focused on affordable housing for the over 55s market
• 2,255 sites either under development or management. Occupied sites = 1,284
• Residents own their home and lease the land upon which their home is located

The Land Lease industry
• There are 2,500 Residential Land Lease Communities (RLLC's) and caravan parks around Australia
• Of those:
- 1,650 are pure tourist parks
- 750 are mixed use parks with tourists and permanents
- 170 are dedicated RLLC's
• NSW and QLD represent 82% of the industry
• Victoria has the lowest saturation of RLLC's per head of population
• Estimate that 70,000 people in Australia live in RLLC's and mixed use parks (compared to 190,000 people in retirement villages)

Future Growth
• Business is continually evolving to get match fit for the baby boomer
• Forecast between 195-210 settlements for FY2016
• Consistent with previous guidance profit after tax attributable to shareholders in FY2016 will be largely similar to FY2015 - the reduction due to lower settlements will be approximately offset by increased contributions from rental and deferred management fees and a reduction in profit attributable to non-controlling interests
• In addition to the interim dividend of 1.0 cent per share (declared in request of 1HFY2016), the Company expects to pay a final dividend in respect of FY2016. The company expects the combined dividend in FY2016 to be greater than the FY2015 amount of 1.5 cents per share

think I would rather be an investor than an inmate

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jun 22 2007, 12:09 PM
  Quote Post

Topic rename

NAMBERRY LIMITED (NMB)

To:
LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES LIMITED (LIC)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

effay
post Posted: Jun 15 2007, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

NMB to relist Mon 18/6 as LIC (Lifestyle Communities).
Finally, someone with a profit making venture - retirement villages. Have to be a reasonable play given our ageing community.
Effay

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING