Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RFX, REDFLOW LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 21 2019, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

From today's AGM:
.. as a business we must recognise that whilst the overall market for energy storage has increased significantly and continues to grow, the intensity of competition – particularly from Lithium – has intensified. Bloomberg New Energy Finance notes that the volume weighted price of the average Lithium Ion battery pack fell by 85% from 2010-18.

Like it or not, the reality of our market is now that many areas of the energy storage market now use Lithium – and Lithium prices – as their core reference point.

... and therein lies the problem

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 11 2019, 04:08 PM
  Quote Post

Maybe turning the corner?
New Zealand Rural Connectivity Group (RCG) has chosen Redflow zinc-bromine flow batteries to store energy in off-grid telecommunication sites in remote rural locations. Commercial negotiations to establish a direct relationship between RCG and Redflow to purchase batteries are now underway.

The RCG was established by the New Zealand Government in 2017 as an independent entity to build, operate and maintain a new open access network. The RCG will build over 400 new cell sites in rural locations to extend mobile and wireless broadband coverage to more than 34,000 rural homes and businesses, provide mobile coverage to a further 1000 kilometres of state highways and provide connectivity to more than 100 top New Zealand tourist destinations by December 2022. The new cell
sites will be a combination of both off-grid and on-grid locations

...up 15%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 17 2019, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

RFX is 5c .... better than the 3c it got to, a few months ago
• Thailand factory now stable and producing high quality batteries
• Produced 150 batteries in Dec 18. Scalable model for immediate demand
• ISO9001 accreditation awarded in July 2019
• 30% Cost-down engineering program underway

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 22 2019, 09:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 20 2019, 10:27 PM

and another kick likely today
Redflow Limited (RFX) has secured preferred supplier status with Soul Energy to provide batteries for the first of a number of expected infrastructure projects throughout Australasia.

Headquartered in New Zealand, Soul Energy is a green energy systems integrator providing technology infrastructure solutions in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. Its services include design, manufacturing, installation, support and monitoring systems.

Partnering with Redflow has enabled Soul Energy to focus on key verticals, including telecommunications, utilities, agriculture and commercial as well as off-grid communities.

The total potential requirement for the first customer is as many as 200 Redflow batteries, likely to commence with an initial small order as early as June 2019.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 20 2019, 10:27 PM
  Quote Post

Redflow has been contracted to supply a battery solution for a smart grid project sponsored by China’s national energy bureau.

The Brisbane-based company will provide battery storage for a solar-powered, smart grid installation that will be used to supply an electric vehicle, fast-charging site, it announced on Friday. The agreement will see Redflow install 10 of its flow batteries – an alternative battery technology to lithium ion – for a trial period in partnership with the project manager, Chinese battery company ZbestPower.

Redflow chief executive Tim Harris said the project would build a significant profile in the world's largest market for energy storage – with strong opportunities for further business.

"It's a really important market for us given the level of renewable investment. Our focus is to make this deployment successful and then using that to identify, create and develop other commercial opportunities," "When it comes to some of the problems China faces, particularly how can you enable large-scale storage and efficiencies, flow batteries are very well suited to that," Mr Harris said.

Flow batteries are not prone to overheating, can be recycled and have a longer life, which Mr Harris said made them competitive in China.

"Over the last six to 12 months, we’ve been approached by a number of different parties who have an interest in licensing or selling our battery into China," Mr Harris said.
https://www.afr.com/business/energy/redflow...20190519-p51oy6

up 20% .................... (to 4.7c, well below what many thought would be a better number)

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 12 2019, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 28 2019, 03:52 PM

Obviously the people "in the know" must have got it wrong.
Down 21% today.
Chart dowes not look pretty.
Been in a generally downward trend since the 15 cents high of May lat year.
Pretty big volume ass well.
Not looking good for my money.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

Up 12% on 2 mill volume today.
Wonder what they know that the general public doesn't know yet??
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Dec 12 2018, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

Some chartists may say it's broken a downtrend?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 27 2018, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 27 2018, 03:07 PM

and
Our unique solution addresses some of the acute issues such as battery theft that plague operators in South Africa and similar markets.
yes, quite

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 27 2018, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

Is the worst over? (chartists might even say so)

Redflow getting some orders: SAf telco second order, Optus in Daintree, Melbourne childcare centres
Whilst lithium-ion dominates the storage market, flow batteries are increasingly recognised as having a specific role in the energy storage eco-system.

There is a clear market demand for batteries that can tolerate heat and hard work in applications where the shortcomings of lithium-ion or lead-acid batteries are clear.

three key markets:

1. Telecommunications: Providing a viable alternative to traditional lead-acid and lithium ion solutions for mobile phone towers

2. Commercial and Industrial: Providing reliable, energy solutions for weak-grid or off-grid applications that have a long despatch requirement such as solar-shifting, and

3. Residential: We are focused on providing a proudly Australian-designed battery to residential customers who want to take advantage of the unique benefits of our flow batteries.

Geographically, we are targeting Australasia, the Asia-Pacific region and selected markets in southern Africa and the Middle East

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING