Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

440 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NRT, NOVOGEN LIMITED
macduffy
post Posted: Jun 13 2015, 06:40 AM
  Quote Post

What NRT is about - an introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7KD6dhN19A

nipper
post Posted: Mar 30 2015, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nicknack's post @ Mar 13 2015, 07:53 AM

SHARES in drug discoverer Novogen have surged after the company said its experimental anti-cancer drug Cantrixil killed human ovarian stem cells.

NOVOGEN, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and the Nasdaq index in the United States, said studies had shown the drug had been highly effective in both in-vitro and animal studies.

The drug killed cells that are usually highly resistant to cytotoxic drugs and which are believed to be responsible for diseases recurring after initial therapy. Human trials of Cantrixil are expected to start in late 2015. The study will mainly target ovarian cancer and colo-rectal cancer.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nicknack
post Posted: Mar 13 2015, 07:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kennowaylass's post @ Feb 6 2015, 01:30 PM

I have been quietly acccumulating a fair sized holding with an average cost of 12.3c.It would have been easy to have traded the last three pump and dumps but my greatest fear is that I would be left behind as this stock, to my mind ,has the ability to skyrocket due it's dual listing status. NRT is currently displaying signs of serious accumulation and holding well at the 16/18c level. We may see a catalyic point when Cantrixil data is presented online to the AACR.

kennowaylass
post Posted: Feb 6 2015, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kennowaylass's post @ Feb 3 2015, 10:11 PM

Novogen to present at BIO & CEO Investor Conference 9th &
10th February, 2015
New York, NY: Novogen Limited (ASX:NRT; NASDAQ:NVGN) is pleased to
announce that Novogen Group CEO and Executive Chairman, Graham Kelly PhD, will
be presenting at the 17th annual BIO CEO and Investor Conference being held on the
9th & 10th February, 2015.
The conference is the largest of its kind, focusing on established and emerging
publicly listed biotech companies and is attended by a mix of investors, analysts,
investment bankers and industry.
Dr Kelly will outline the Company’s two proprietary drug technology platforms and
their potential therapeutic value in oncology, as well as reviewing the Company’s
clinical strategy and timetable and anticipated milestones.
Kelly, said, “The BIO CEO and Investor conference presents an opportunity for
Novogen to bring its unique story to the attention of the market. Novogen is different.
The path we have chosen to take is different because current standard and
experimental approaches are failing to address the causes of cancer recurrence: the
impregnability of the cancer stem cell and the ability of a cancer to survive by
continuing to mutate and produce means of beating new therapies.”
“With one technology platform with a potent ability to kill cancer stem cells and a
second platform that produces dramatic synergy of some of the most widely used and
effective cytotoxics in chemotherapy, we believe we have the potential to make
meaningful differences to the lives of patients with malignant cancers.”
Date & Time: 9th February, 2015, 9am
Venue: The Waldorf Astoria, New York,
4th Floor, Duke of Windsor Room
About the Bio CEO & Investor Conference
The 17th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference is the largest independent investor
conference focused on publicly-traded biotechnology companies. The conference is
designed to foster an informative dialogue between institutional investors and senior
biotechnology executives about emerging and current investment opportunities. The
2014 CEO & Investor Conference featured 1,820 partnering meetings, 149 company
presentations, and 1,400 attendees, over half of which were investors.

kennowaylass
post Posted: Feb 3 2015, 10:11 PM
  Quote Post

Ahhhhhh, the old NRT, I like what I am hearing lately from this company and would like some views from others. I have bought again after trading it a few years ago. This time I am not trading, just going to hang in there for a while.

nicknack
post Posted: Aug 26 2014, 08:07 PM
  Quote Post

Traction appearing.This story has fascinated me for years.I have bought new stock again.

applefoot
post Posted: Mar 21 2014, 04:06 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Guys.

Looks like a new CEO blog posting on the background to the latest Trx-1 news.

It's well worth a read.

Apples

http://www.novogen.com/ceo-postings/2014/3...20-march-2014-1

applefoot
post Posted: Dec 20 2013, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

New Global Collaboration with Cornell University on Brain Cancer has just been announced.

Almost exactly a year to the day that Prof. Kelly took over the reins again and this good news is just the latest in a long line of such PR's over the last year.

Seasons Greetings to anyone still reading this board. <grin>

Apples
NOVOGEN LTD ­ ACN 063 259 754 16-20 Edgeworth David Ave, Hornsby, NSW, 2077 P: +61 (0) 2 9476 0344 - F: +61 (0) 2 9476 0388 www.novogen.com NOVOGEN LIMITED
(ASX: NRT) ASX RELEASE
20 December 2013

Novogen Announces Establishment of Global Collaboration to Drive The
Development of Drugs to Treat Brain Cancer

20 December 2013, Sydney, Australia: Novogen Limited, an oncology drug development
company, announced today the signing of a Sponsored Research Agreement with Cornell
University. The Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) in New York will become the
cornerstone of a collaboration across Europe, US, Asia and Australia involving universities
and biotechnology companies seeking a treatment capable of delivering long-term remission
for the main form of primary brain cancer, glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).

The research program is focused on the super-benzopyran drug, Trilexium (Trx).

The brain cancer program parallels that of the Company's efforts in the area of ovarian cancer
through its joint venture, CanTx Inc, with Yale University.

CanTx has identified a Trilexium derivative (Trx-1) as having equipotent killing ability of both
ovarian cancer stem cells and ovarian cancer somatic cells, raising the prospect for the first
time of being able with the one agent to kill the full hierarchy of cells within an ovarian cancer.
The CanTx strategy is to bring Trx-1 into the clinic in the near-term as a generic treatment for
late-stage ovarian cancer, but then to use the Trx pharmacophore to create a panel of drugs
capable of killing ovarian cancer cells with specific genotypes, a further unique feature of this
technology platform.

The brain cancer program has the same R&D and commercial objectives. The near-term goal
is to bring Trilexium into the clinic as a generic treatment for GBM that has failed to respond
to Temozolomide, the only drug approved for GBM. The longer-term goal is to identify a panel
of drugs capable of providing a personalized approach to GBM chemotherapy.

The program is based on the high potency of Trilexium against GBM cells, with both GBM
stem cells and somatic cells being killed at equivalent dosages.
Progression of GBM following radiotherapy and chemotherapy is believed to result from the
regrowth of cancer stem cells that are chemo-resistant. Recurrent tumor cells, like their parent
GBM stem cells, are highly drug-resistant and with increased aggression, accounting for the
poor prognosis associated with GBM.

Dr David Brown, Novogen Group CSO, said, "The collaborative effort to date has focused on
bringing Trilexium into the clinic for the treatment of GBM, and that goal will continue with
the aim of bringing that agent into the clinic in early 2015."

"The expansion of the collaboration to include Cornell takes the program to the next level,
which is to achieve personalized chemotherapy for patients with GBM. The objective is to
identify a panel of Trx analogs that target individual GBM mutations within the genotype
spectrum that characterises GBM malignancies. That data then will inform our clinical
objective which is to match the best drug candidate to an individual tumor genotype."

"WCMC has particular skills in identifying the genotype of explants from fresh biopsies of
GBM tumors. We will be utilizing this ability to screen Trilexium analogs for activity against
a wide range of individual tumors," Dr Brown added.

About Glioblastoma
Glioblastoma multiforme is the most common and aggressive form of primary brain tumor.
Worldwide, in developed countries, an estimated 3.5 cases per 100,000 people are diagnosed
per year. Glioblastoma is one of the cancers most resistant to treatments and is associated with
extremely poor prognosis. Despite therapeutic intervention (surgery/radiation/chemotherapy),
glioblastoma remains a devastating disease with a median 2-year survival rate in the range of
10­25%.

About Novogen
Novogen Ltd is a public, Australian biotechnology company whose shares trade on both the
Australian Securities Exchange (`NRT') and NASDAQ (`NVGN'). The Company is based in
Sydney, Australia, and with a US office in New Haven, Connecticut. The Company has two
main drug technology platforms known as super-benzopyrans (SBP) and anti-tropomyosins
(ATM). SBP drugs target cancer stem cells and are being developed for the treatment of
ovarian cancer and glioblastoma. ATM drugs target the cancer cell cytoskeleton and are being
developed for the treatment of melanoma, prostate cancer and neuroblastoma. Novogen has
entered into a joint venture with Yale University known as CanTx Inc with the aim of
developing personalized chemotherapy for patients with ovarian cancer.

applefoot
post Posted: Nov 24 2013, 07:36 AM
  Quote Post

Here's a link to a short news item on Australian TV about the recent announcement of the effect the new cancer compounds are having on the cells of muscular dystrophy.

Doc Kelly has a short piece to camera but it mainly features a young boy with the disease.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/19985...ncer-sufferers/

Good bit of early publicity for the company.... let's hope there is lots more to come both on the cancer treatments and degenerative diseases too.

Cheers

Apples

Xroutersix
post Posted: Nov 17 2013, 12:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: applefoot's post @ Nov 16 2013, 10:29 PM

Thanks Apples, I was hoping to go to the Boston meeting in December ,but I doubt it. I'm retired now and caring for my disabled kid with the wife.. Still, life is good.. Thanks again mate,Strik

440 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING