Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

86 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

EOS, ELECTRO OPTIC SYSTEMS HOLDINGS LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 27 2019, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 13 2018, 03:10 PM

Another media article (this time The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/...rages-in-yemen) prompts another clarification

On 10 April 2019 Electro Optic Systems (ASX: EOS) made a clarifying statement in
response to media reporting regarding the export control process applying to its
defence products, as follows:

“EOS defence products are exported from Australia to allies and coalition
partners of Australia and the USA, and access is subject to simultaneous
formal approval by both those countries. This dual restriction renders those
products amongst the most highly controlled in the world, since both the
USA and Australia closely observe the laws of armed conflict and apply high
standards for human rights.

Normally it is up to the two controlling governments to determine the
applications and users they support, as no other entities have the resources
required to objectively assess all relevant factors.

No EOS product has ever been deployed to or used in Yemen.”

There has been no change to EOS’s position since this time it is still true that no
EOS product has, at any time, been deployed to or used in Yemen. Furthermore,
no EOS product has been supplied to military forces which have been or are
currently deployed to Yemen.

EOS will continue to provide technology to Australia, its allies and coalition
partners under strict export controls formulated and implemented through
independent and democratic processes.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 13 2018, 03:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 30 2018, 09:43 AM

Extract - Documents reveal Australia's secret arms deals with nations fighting Yemen's bloody war - not a pleasant read, btw
The Australian Government has approved the export of dozens of shipments of military items to Middle Eastern countries embroiled in the bloody Yemen war, a conflict dogged by accusations of war crimes and indiscriminate civilian killings.
Eyes on Canberra-backed weapons deal
Questions are being asked about an Australian defence company's recent export deal to supply high-powered weapons systems, which according to sources may be bound for the UAE.

Electro Optic Systems, better known as EOS, is an Australian defence and space technology company with ambitions to become the world leader in next-generation remote weapons systems.

The systems are a collection of sensors, cameras and lasers set around a small cannon or heavy machine gun. They are built onto a swivelling mount that can be affixed to the roof of a military truck or the deck of a naval vessel.

It allows a soldier to fire while safely inside a vehicle and can acquire targets up to several kilometres away on its own.

In January, EOS announced a $410 million deal to supply weapons systems.

Two people have told the ABC the end user is the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

EOS can't 'confirm or deny' weapons systems customers

EOS's system, known as RWS, is already being used by the Australian military.

In January, the firm announced it had struck a deal to export its latest version, the R400S-Mk2, to an overseas customer.

When asked about the deal, EOS said in a statement it could not "confirm or deny" that the UAE was either the overseas customer or the end-user.

"Disclosure of the end-user['s] identity could degrade the impact of the technology, and would not be in the national interest," an EOS statement released when they announced the deal said.

EOS declined an interview with the ABC but said in a series of statements its weapons system was "amongst the most highly regulated products in the defence market".

The firm declared it did not "presently" hold Australian Government export licenses that would allow them to export military equipment to the UAE.

It had "no reason to believe that UAE would not presently qualify as a recipient for export licenses from any country, including the US and Australia", the company also said.

EOS said none of their items were in Yemen and they do not play any role — direct or indirect — in the Yemen conflict.

The full statement provided to the ABC by EOS is available below.

Australian defence economics analyst Marcus Hellyer told the ABC a $410 million deal was "extremely large by Australian standards".

Mr Hellyer said the value of the EOS deal represented more than a quarter of all exports licensed by Defence in the last financial year.

read more - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-13/aust...en-war/10600912

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

EOS lands $410m defence contract
Defence tech outfit Electro Optic Systems (EOS) has won a $410 million contract that will see it supply remote weapon systems to an undisclosed overseas customer. The contract, which will brings sales of the R-400S-Mk2 system to $600m in its first 12 months of release, was announced this morning at a Canberra ceremony by the minister for defence Christopher Pyne, and follows the government's announcement yesterday of a new $3.8bn defence fund.

"This new weapon system was initiated in 2005 under a US Army contract to develop next-generation weapon systems," EOS CEO Dr Ben Greene said at the ceremony. "After seven years of development and four years of testing around the world in many harsh environments, the new system entered production in 2017.

" This innovative technology for the first time allows 30mm cannon systems to be deployed with unprecedented accuracy on light vehicles, significantly enhancing lethality and protection without compromising mobility, and at low cost. It meets and overmatches current threats." "All $600 million of new contracts are deliverable in monthly shipments from 2018-2022 and follow-on awards for additional equipment, spare parts, servicing and support are expected.

Dr Greene said EOS is also negotiating contracts with other customers who have completed their tendering process and already selected EOS, with further awards likely. He said the Australian Army is equipped with several hundred EOS systems, which he said enhanced the soldiers' protection and lethality in Afghanistan.

"A large proportion of these have already been upgraded by EOS with the new technology, which gives Australian forces a significant operational advantage which other countries are only now acquiring," he said.

"EOS and its many Australian employees are proud of the contribution they make to our Defence Force personnel. The support of the Commonwealth has been very important. [Australia's export agency] EFIC has provided significant project finance, and DFAT and Australian Embassy staff have efficiently co-ordinated complex licencing issues with their US counterparts.

"Finally, Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon. Christopher Pyne MP has visited foreign capitals with me to provide assurance of Australia as a reliable defence partner and supplier to its allies. This effort and support is acknowledged.".

The news comes as Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull yesterday unveiled a $3.8bn defence fund, to be set up within EFIC. EFIC provided assistance to EOS for this contract via a working capital facility and finance guarantee.

Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, Steven Ciobo MP, said EFIC's support was a demonstration of how the government was assisting Australian advanced manufacturers to become exporters. "The trade finance EFIC provides is helping Australian businesses like EOS export their products and services to the world. Their success will create and sustain Australian jobs," Mr Ciobo said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jaxnspd  

cooderman
post Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 28 2017, 09:24 PM

A break out of sorts. Trades on small volumes and any trade would be risky. See if this continues or retests the 260 level.

Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:24 PM
  Quote Post

is EOS treading water, going sideways for ever? ... a chart view would be welcome!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 20 2017, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 20 2017, 12:53 PM

it would appear so

arty; you said "I underestimated the Trump Effect"... though this may be in spite of it rather than because of it. A scenario playing out is: breakdown of ANZUS; we're on our own; (huge) increase in defence spending; taking ownership of assets rather than relying on relationships; development of own satellites

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Feb 20 2017, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 25 2017, 04:56 PM

still going strong.

Attached Image

I underestimated the Trump Effect. He may still be an utter megalomaniac, but Big Money seems to support his ideas...

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jan 25 2017, 04:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 12 2016, 10:36 AM

no holding back on EOS recently

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 12 2016, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 18 2016, 01:01 PM

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01809291
The announcement from early December could well have supported the ongoing rally.

Attached Image

I've been buying EOS; waiting for the next pullback to buy some more.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Nov 18 2016, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 10 2016, 10:53 AM

Attached Image

This could well develop more legs. No longer looking quite so short-lived anymore.
After trading a few Intraday swings, I am now building a longer-term position, to hold as long as the latest support ($1.30) doesn't fail.

--------------------

86 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING