Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 5 2019, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

Trump administration notifies UN of planned Paris climate agreement exit

The Trump administration has formally notified the United Nations it will withdraw the United States from the Paris agreement, the first formal step in a one-year process to exit the global pact to fight climate change, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said.

Key points:

In 2017, President Donald Trump declared the US would withdraw from the Paris accord

The Obama administration signed the US onto the 2015 pact

Mr Trump campaigned on a promise to rescind Obama's pact, saying it would hurt the US economy

The United States, the world's largest historic greenhouse gas emitter, would become the only country outside the accord, a decision President Donald Trump promised in order to boost US oil, gas and coal industries.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-05/us-n...t-exit/11671886

A bit late to save the US coal industry - the latest casualty Murray Energy joins a growing list of coal companies to declare bankruptcy as consumers shift to cheaper and cleaner power sources

Murray Energy, once the nation’s largest privately held coal company, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
It’s the latest bankruptcy in the coal industry as consumers shift to cheaper and cleaner sources of power.
Founder and former CEO Robert Murray was a vocal supporter of President Trump, favoring the rollback of certain Obama-era regulations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/murray-ener...bankruptcy.html

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 1 2019, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

NY Times article causing a bit of a stir down under
Sept. 30, 2019
Updated 10:55 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — President Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William P. Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Mr. Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials with knowledge of the call.

The White House curbed access to a transcript of the call — which the president made at Mr. Barr’s request — to a small group of aides, one of the officials said. The restriction was unusual and similar to the handling of a July call with the Ukrainian president that is at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Like that call, Mr. Trump’s discussion with Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia shows the president using high-level diplomacy to advance his personal political interests.

The discussion with Mr. Morrison shows the extent to which Mr. Trump views the attorney general as a crucial partner: The president is using federal law enforcement powers to aid his political prospects, settle scores with his perceived “deep state” enemies and show that the Mueller investigation had corrupt, partisan origins.

read more - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/us/polit...t.co/fyPgMrzffH

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oc...mueller-inquiry

The Trump former campaign aide George Papadopoulos - who is writing a book - met with our very own Alexander Downer in the UK - Downer provided a recording of that meeting to the Aust Govt. - has been busy on twitter with his account (between promoting his book) https://twitter.com/GeorgePapa19
George Papadopoulos @GeorgePapa19
56m56 minutes ago
More
Downer was a fool. I played him the entire meeting that I knew was designed to spy on my energy related work and then to ask a bizarre last minute question about Clinton-Russia. The transcripts will prove it all, folks. They exist. The Australians already flipped on him.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-01/dona...o-know/11563098

Political interference everywhere it seems

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 30 2019, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2019, 12:04 PM

The whistleblower gets straight to the point.

In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

Donald Trump is tweeting more and it's affecting the bond market. In fact, the president's market-moving tweets ballooned in August as he hammered China on trade and went after the Federal Reserve on interest rates.

In an attempt to quantify the impact of Trump's tweets on the bond market, J.P. Morgan devised a "Volfefe Index" to analyze how the president's tweets are influencing volatility in U.S. interest rates.

J.P. Morgan found that the index, named after Trump's infamous and still mysterious "covfefe" tweet, explains a measurable fraction of the moves in implied rate volatility for 2-year and 5-year Treasurys.

"This makes rough sense as much of the president's tweets have been focused on the Federal Reserve, and as trade tensions are broadly seen as, first and foremost, impactful on near-term economic performance and, likewise, the Fed's reaction to such developments," wrote the authors of the J.P. Morgan report.

Trump's market-moving messages most often address trade and monetary policy, with key words including "China," "billion" and "products." These tweets are increasingly less likely to receive favorable responses, such as likes or retweets, from the president's followers.

https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s...ond-market.html

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Pendragon
post Posted: Jul 25 2019, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 24 2019, 08:10 PM

Mueller hearing is on and Mueller is hopeless.
Big win for Trump.
Helicopters may be there to stop the Democrat rats from leaving the sinking ship?? LOL

plastic
post Posted: Jul 24 2019, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 23 2019, 11:03 AM

Could be he's ferrying the attendees of all those Grand Jury hearings for the sealed indictments from the safe house and back. Whatever it is, it sure is interesting.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

plastic
post Posted: Jul 23 2019, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

Domestically, given the recent argy bargy from those four women with the racial overtones, perhaps he is anticipating some civil unrest at the grass roots level.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-22/u...eration-near-dc

The United States Army is in the midst of a classified "secret operation" around Washington DC, Bloomberg first reported. There has been virtually no public information about the secret operation, which has Black Hawk helicopters flying over the area and is backed by active duty and reserve soldiers

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Jul 23 2019, 07:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 22 2019, 05:59 PM

Hang on, going on current trends in fifty years Israel will be an arab, muslim country. What we see now is akin to the last days of colonial India.

In the shorter term Israel can protect itself but has no chance of taking on a major military force like Iran, that's why they've been trying for years to get the Americans to take the lead on Iran. Not sure what Trumpy is up to...

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

plastic
post Posted: Jul 22 2019, 05:59 PM
  Quote Post

Not talking about deregulating banking. More wresting monetary supply control away from the banks.

Trump is already on record as saying a gold standard will ruin the Fed. I think this is his goal.
He has also said, wtf is the US doing the middle East? Too much money lost that needs to be spent in the US. It's code for, we see a future without oil dependence in front of us. Probably the latter half of this century or early next.
The war with Iran won't be with the west. It will be with the west's help though. The leader will be Israel. If the US is to withdraw from the middle East they are going to leave with Israel as the boss. The child is about to become an adult.

--------------------

terrine
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 7 2019, 06:12 PM

PAYPAL has no US or Aus banking license and uses 3rd parties to transfer money...neither do most neo banks
We are a long way from banking deregulation I think

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING