Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BKL, BLACKMORES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2019, 08:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 19 2019, 08:16 PM

Was hoping you'd post 📬 a chart 📈...📉... 🙂....☹️

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 19 2019, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 19 2019, 05:44 PM

Chart tells the story.

A couple of notable short alerts in last 2 trading days suggest more pain expected by some
Total short positions as at 13/8/19 = 7.23%

Fri 16th Aug, 2019 147,815 17,362,206 0.85% 373,930 39.53%
Thu 15th Aug, 2019 227,485 17,362,206 1.31% 516,713 44.03%

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bkl
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2019, 05:44 PM
  Quote Post

Blackmores chief financial officer Aaron Canning said last week that many smaller daigou operators who previously bought up large volumes of vitamins from Australian retailers had exited the industry because of the tougher e-commerce regulations in China.

The paperwork and administration for those smaller traders had become too onerous, and they simply ceased their activities of selling online in China.
- SP drifting down, now around $65. Results weren't too fab..... (above 200 not so long ago).

Sustained whoops

KEY POINTS
Revenue ............ ($m) 610 , up 1.4%
Pre-tax profit .... ($m) 76 , down -22.7%
Net profit .......... ($m) 53 , down -23.7%
Final dividend .... c. 70.00 , down -53.3%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 18 2019, 01:51 PM
  Quote Post

“If we look at the [vitamin] category in Australia, it is under pressure largely due to some of these small to medium daigous shifting their purchasing behaviour from Australian retailers to other channels.”
Aaron Canning, CFO, Blackmores

“Previously we didn’t really appreciate the role they [daigous] played in the sales and marketing of our product. They are almost educating the Chinese consumer to our product.”
Marcus Blackmore, CEO, Blackmores
whoops

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Feb 26 2019, 02:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 26 2019, 11:45 AM

17 August 2017 .. to Feb 2019 . => Not a long period
===============

nearly two years Nipper. it is long time for me. sold them long ago when it was way over 120bucks, kinda remember i need money to invest something . made good buck out of it, but only tiny stake.

i'm not sure after divy, where this thing gonna go??? after CEO is quitting things not looking good. not sure what reason though!!

stand aside keep eye on it!!!

nipper
post Posted: Feb 26 2019, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Feb 26 2019, 11:00 AM

17 August 2017 .. to Feb 2019 . => Not a long period

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

early birds
post Posted: Feb 26 2019, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

Resignation of CEO and Managing Director, Mr Richard Henfrey
Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) today announces the resignation of its Chief Executive Officer, Richard
Henfrey.
Richard joined Blackmores in April 2009 and performed a number of key executive roles before being
appointed Chief Executive Officer on 17 August 2017.
Blackmores confirmed Henfrey will remain in the position whilst the Board undertakes the search for a new
CEO.
Chairman Brent Wallace said, “I would like to thank Richard for his service and leadership of the Group
over the last 18 months and for his strong commitment to Blackmores, the industry and our stakeholders
over his decade long tenure.”
“He has played a pivotal role in the growth of Blackmores and in the industry of complementary medicine
overall. I am confident Richard will lead the transition period well, backed by our strong executive
management team.”
==============================

saw the news, dumped all the holding soon as market opens. dosen't look good from outside........

early birds
post Posted: Feb 21 2019, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 20 2019, 06:20 AM

last time when i bought this one was 2017, i remember i'm kinda chicky ---to buy it at $88.88 { that stupid chinese lucky number lmaosmiley.gif }
somehow i made some money out of it.

sorry guys-------i did it again yesterday-----------------88.88....can't help myself. lmaosmiley.gif

look 3.00 bgucks per year ff divy at under $90. not a bad yield -----even most of stuff they sell is crap{ that is what i believe}, but for most of chinese they love these "magic vitamins " that can improve their life span.
plenty these sota imbecile out there in china whom believe this things..........it;s sad realities.
all i can do is try to make few bucks out of BKL. lmaosmiley.gif

nipper
post Posted: Feb 20 2019, 06:20 AM
  Quote Post

Blackmores has suffered a hit of more than half a billion dollars to its market value as the shine comes off the China story underpinning its growth. The company yesterday warned in its half-year results of weaker China trade and a softening of Chinese consumer sentiment, sparking investor concern, which fuelled a sharp drop in Blackmores’ share price. The stock price of the Australian-listed company dived more than 30 per cent in early trade, before recovering slightly to close 24.84 per cent lower at $92.86.

Chinese demand for vitamins took the market — and Black­mores — by surprise in 2016, shooting its share price to a high of $220 that year, having sat at $32.50 a year earlier. Blackmores chief executive Richard Henfrey said while the share price drop yesterday was a clear reaction to the company’s commentary on China, he was not overly concerned as he viewed it as a short-term issue.

Blackmores sells its products to Chinese consumers via three main routes: its China in-country business; through a small number of Australian wholesalers, who trade and export products to China from Australia; and Australian retailers selling to a daigou — consumers buying the product off the shelves who then sell into China and into the wholesale trade.

Mr Henfrey said a change in the volumes put through each channel had had an impact on the China sales recorded in its half-year result. “That change has partly been as a result of changes in the landscape in Australia and partly because of the actions we have taken,” he said. “We are doing far less trade with the big exporters in Australia and that trade is then picked up in our in-country business and in the Australian retail network. Those sorts of seismic shifts can have a short-term impact but I do believe it is only short-term.”

The company reported in its half-year results that China segment sales were down 11 per cent in the half compared to the prior corresponding period. It added, though, that when China-influenced sales through Australian retailers were taken into account, it estimated growth in sales to Chinese consumers to be about 8 per cent.

The results showed that revenue in Australia and New Zealand increased 19 per cent to $144 million. That jump was driven by domestic growth and continued increased levels of sales through Australian retailers who were focused on servicing China export channels.

Mr Henfrey also said the company had recorded 76 per cent growth in its direct in-country China business, selling products directly to retailers and e-commerce platforms in China. “The Chinese consumer remains incredibly attracted by Australian natural health products and the Blackmores brand in particular, even in the relatively short term,” he said.

Blackmores also indicated in its outlook comments that its China sales in the third quarter were being affected by continuing changes to the way consumers purchased its products, as well as higher inventory in the trade and a general softening of consumer sentiment. The company said given that outlook, it did not expect the second-half profit performance to be ahead of the first-half result. It also announced a business improvement program that aimed to target $60m in savings over the next three years.

Mr Henfrey said while there was a softening of Chinese consumer sentiment, the company would not necessarily be affected. “In other markets where there has been a consumer downturn, we haven’t necessarily experienced a drop-off in sales,” he said. “Typically what you see is a flight to quality, so having the best quality products in the market is a good position to be in if there is a downturn.”

Blackmores also announced yesterday it had appointed Sophia Tseng as its country manager for China, and that it had also started a review of its investment approach in China and the impact of channel shifts. "Sophia will review what is happening in that business and be given resources and funding to ­invest in future growth,” Mr Henfrey said.

He outlined that despite the negative investor reaction to Blackmores’ result yesterday, the company had delivered a solid result at the top line.

Blackmores reported a profit of $34m, which was in line with the prior corresponding period, and an 11 per cent jump in revenue to $319m

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/c...da71da47a601018

....... no forward growth! ; now, what was that PE again?

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Feb 23 2017, 10:55 AM
  Quote Post

it was the turn of Blackmores, the vitamins industry leader, to confirm that it had been infected - that saw the shares fall as much as $13 on Wednesday morning .

The shares fell 12% to $102.50 after Blackmores released its half-year results, before recovering and trading sidesways for the rest of the session. They ended the day on $104.66, down 10.2%.

The company said it recorded $158 million in local sales in the last six months of 2016, down 31% on the same period in 2015, as what it called “Chinese-influenced sales” fell and buying patterns “evolved”

result reflects a shift from relying on so-called “daigou” shoppers who buy in Australia on visits and then return to China to sell, to Blackmores trading in China directly.

“The first quarter was impacted by changes to the buying patterns of Chinese exporters and by high stock levels held by Australian retailers,” Blackmores chief executive Christine Holgate said in yesterday’s statement.

"The Chinese market is both complex and challenging, though it remains a very important part of our business and we are pleased with our growth.

"We are encouraged by progress in the second quarter across the group, though the Australian retail environment remains challenging." After a big fall in the first quarter, Blackmores said second quarter sales returned to modest year-on-year growth.
===========

don't care how they spin it. i will put my little buying odder at $88.88....... lmaosmiley.gif

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING