Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

60 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ZFX, ZINIFEX LIMITED
elljay
post Posted: Jun 25 2008, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: monty1 on Friday 20/06/08 12:30pm

Anyone have any knowledge as to whether ZFX has Oh! Had any Uranium mines? icon14.gif
Was just thinking if they did then they may end up in Toro! cool.gif

Les

monty1
post Posted: Jun 20 2008, 10:30 AM
  Quote Post

Bye Bye ZFX. Never to be seen again, after today. M cool.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Jun 18 2008, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: PTadros on Wednesday 18/06/08 01:56pm

ZFX SP has just tracked the price of zinc to a 12 month low and the LME zinc stocks to a 12 month high.
The merger with OXR isn't doing that company's SP any good either, despite pretty good prices still from the main OXR metals, copper and gold. The merged entity presentation the other day showed that zinc will account for 61% ( by value, I think? ), dropping to around 50% when the Prominent Hill copper/gold mine comes into production towards the end of the year. So things should improve, provided those prices stay reasonably firm but the new OZ company will still be very reliant on the fortunes of zinc.

Disc: Holding OXR/OZ

draughtsman
post Posted: Jun 18 2008, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: PTadros on Wednesday 18/06/08 02:56pm

Would hardly be negative sentiment about the merger - OXR brings a very positive element copper, to the table. IMHO almost entirely due to the fall in the POZ and more than likely it has further to go in the short term.

d

--------------------
draughtsman

You don't know what you don't know

PTadros
post Posted: Jun 18 2008, 01:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Marsupial on Sunday 18/05/08 12:19pm

i bought zfx last month at 10.28 thinking i was buying a bargain (based on a 12 month low) then it dropped further to 8.60 - whats the deal with this?. Is it due to Zinc prices being low or negative sentiment about the merger?. Everything seems positive about it in the media.

Marsupial
post Posted: May 18 2008, 12:19 PM
  Quote Post

ZFX announcement of new ore body find south of Roseberry is quite a significant find. I was at the Tassie Mining Council Conference, where geo presented on Friday.

Early days yet but highly encouraging.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

galvanise
post Posted: May 18 2008, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JAG on Sunday 18/05/08 10:23am

You will see a single dividend in the second half of the year.

JAG
post Posted: May 18 2008, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

I am not sure how theses things work when a takeover/merger happens but as the next OXR Div is in September and the ZFX in October then the 'merger' should be complete before either of these div payment dates. I cannot find anything in the announcements relating to the merger that covers this. The other consideration is also that if it is a 'merger' particularly with a new operating name, does this mean that we will not see a dividend until the expiration of the first 6 months of the new entity?
Regards,
Jag

macduffy
post Posted: May 18 2008, 10:06 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: greggy27 on Sunday 18/05/08 09:51am

I would have thought that the merger ratio was set on the basis of no dividends by either company prior to merging.
The indicative timetable would see the deal completed before June 08 results were due to be announced.

cool.gif

greggy27
post Posted: May 18 2008, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ballcrusher on Tuesday 13/05/08 07:28pm

Maybe there will be a special one off bonus dividend
Greggy

60 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING