Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

989 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Dec 29 2020, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

The CEO of ARK Investments, one of the biggest fund managers around reckons genomic companies could be carrying over a trillion dollars for a market cap in the near future.

Good upside for BLT (BNTC) in that case.

Still can't figure out why after the move to the US and with a US lab they are still listing a Melbourne address as their HO in their SEC filings. PF still there girding himself.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Dec 21 2020, 05:06 AM
  Quote Post

The end is within sight...the Americans have decided.
Time to buy BLT I think.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/vote-90...deal-fed-powers

The last minute compromise sets the stage for a vote on a Covid stimulus bill as soon as today.

With the dispute over the Fed provision resolved, a final agreement on the full coronavirus relief package was significantly closer, a senior Democratic aide told the WSJ late Saturday. Similarly, a senior House Democratic aide told The Hill that the Toomey deal sets the stage to iron out all the other less significant differences that had stalled the negotiations for weeks. "We expect remaining open items to fall into place overnight," the aide said.

Top Senate Democrat, Chuck Schumer, told reporters he thought both the House and Senate would be able to vote Sunday on the relief bill, which is expected to be combined with a spending bill needed to avoid a partial government shutdown. The government's current funding expires at 12:01 a.m. Monday.

"It looks like we'll be able to. If things continue on this path and nothing gets in the way, we'll be able to vote [Sunday]," Mr. Schumer said late Saturday night.

The republicans agreed: a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said early Sunday that now that the Fed dispute had been resolved, "we can begin closing out the rest of the package to deliver much-needed relief to families, workers, and businesses."

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 18 2020, 06:31 AM
  Quote Post

I can't help wondering if the HK dairy company I follow has a finger in the A2M trading halt. Not that I would know. But MSB also makes me wonder if there's a wider net being cast here.

A2M have just had Blackrock up their stake and MSB is well associated with American interests.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 16 2020, 07:20 PM
  Quote Post

Couple of interesting developments today. MSB, a BLT ex-CEO's first port of call after she left BLT, went into a trading halt pending a "corporate update", and LCT, a metamorphosised ex-NZ biotech company with ties to Auckland University, jumped 14% on no news.
I don't know if the two are linked or even if BLT is involved but just seeing this activity is startling by itself to say the least.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 15 2020, 06:19 AM
  Quote Post

BNTC held the AGM without ado. Are we to expect more of the same for next year?

I noticed ABUS up 30% overnight.

Anything to do with the vaccine I wonder since BLT was once involved with them and AZ.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 5 2020, 02:56 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like more dead rubbers. In fact it is beginning to look like nothing will happen before Xmas. Perhaps we have to wait for Trump to vacate office. And it is not a certain thing that he will yet. Depends on the Courts.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 4 2020, 06:37 PM
  Quote Post

Moderna too. Wonder if they and ALNY talk to each other.

https://investors.modernatx.com/events/even...stor-conference

Nasdaq 43rd Virtual Investor Conference
Dec 4, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 4 2020, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

They seem just too quiet with all this covid vaccine stuff going on. Also worth noting is their main deal making man quit a little while ago.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALNY), the leading RNAi therapeutics company, announced today that management will present a company overview at the 43rd Nasdaq Virtual Investor Conference on Friday, December 4, 2020 at 11:00 am ET.

--------------------

db76
post Posted: Dec 2 2020, 07:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 2 2020, 06:16 PM

All the political elites are taking advantage of the electorate being distracted by the COVID "Emergency" to introduce more of their crazy Woke agenda.
NZ has spent vast amounts on COVID
Their income sources especially tourism will take a while to recover
Where is the money coming from?
To fund the response to this Wokey Climate Emergency Alarmism
The politicians are inhaling their own rectitude
Soon to be rebadged by the reality of unsustainable debt as their stupidity
What has happened to the NZ War on feral animals?
How many fewer possums, stoats, cats, rabbits, ferrets, minks, foxes, pigs , rats are there now?
All hot air!
You can tell when a politician is on the level when the drivel flows from both sides of their mouth.

--------------------
the Market is usually Right

I want to say what I think but I shouldn't

plastic
post Posted: Dec 2 2020, 06:16 PM
  Quote Post

Jacinda stated at the beginning of her first term, just after meeting Trump actually, that she would change capitalism. A big statement to say the least. Now, after today, she has the mandate and with a majority in the House, has the means.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/parliament-pa...AV7LCCRKFWTNGI/

Parliament has officially declared a climate emergency in New Zealand a move Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called an "acknowledgement of the next generation".

It was a "declaration based on science," she told MPs in the House this afternoon.

--------------------

989 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING