Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
vincentd
post Posted: Dec 12 2007, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Rosewood on Wednesday 12/12/07 12:34pm

I'm also likely to pick up some more if it hits low 30s. This will be short term as well with the idea of selling this portion when the stock runs up in 2008.

Long Haul
post Posted: Dec 12 2007, 12:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: controvers on Tuesday 11/12/07 03:20pm

G’day Controvers… how do you get 25 M +

CUV.ASX

Shares on issue 302,148,665

ACM Holdings 60,429,733 (20% of Shares on issue)

ACM shares to be disposed 18,128,920 (30% of ACM Holdings)

If the above figures are correct, and ACM manages to offload approx 300,000 (Average volume over the last 5 days) a day this would take them around 59 trading days to sell their 30% quota.

According to the latest broker report by RRS Capital…(Page 8)

Comments

Absolute Capital Management (ABCAP) is the main shareholder in
Clinuvel. Four of the investment funds (Absolute Octane Fund, Absolute
Return Fund – Europe, Absolute Activist, Value Fund and European
Catalyst Fund) are assumed to hold a total of appx 20% of the issued
capital of the Company. The investment strategy of ABCAP is not
transparent.

The sharp decline in the share price over the last 6 months may be in
connection with the uncertainties regarding the major shareholder
(ABCAP).

The Management is currently on a worldwide tour and visiting all major
shareholders. There have been attempts to get non-core shareholders out
of the stock, to stabilize the shareholder structure.

If CUV management are serious about getting the share price headed in the right direction they need to find a buyer willing to pay around $7,251,568 and buy the 18,128,920 shares ACM want to get of their books.

Cheers

Rosewood
post Posted: Dec 12 2007, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (console @ Wednesday 12/12/07 10:45am)

Count me as one of them. I couldn't resist. I think we might be stuck at this level into early 2008, but only once in a lifetime can you buy a Phase III stock in the .30s.

I won't hold the latest purchase for longer than 6 months, however.

console
post Posted: Dec 12 2007, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

36.5c is starting to look really cheap. There has to come a point where people will start to buy in just because its a bargain.

--------------------
Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.

controvers
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Rosewood on Tuesday 11/12/07 07:39am

ACM has just started in november. Don't forget they are obliged to sell minimum 30% of their shares before the first of november 2008! It's more than 25 mi., I believe!

controvers
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Benjammin on Tuesday 11/12/07 10:52am

Benjammin, You're quite right. We have to take a deep breath.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Rosewood
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

Sorry to see you go, Tanman. Obviously, it's a big crowd (and growing bigger by the month) of those that have said enough is enough.

Maybe I'm looking for a silver lining here, but as Console pointed out, heavier volume today, and by the looks of it, someone is dumping. Here's what may have happened today: ACM got impatient, dumped more and drove it down to .36 (a ridiculously low price). Then, assorted investors bought those sold shares, driving it up to .40. Then, ACM dumped more in the last hour of trading driving it down to .38.

If ACM is indeed getting antsy and they want to get out at all costs sooner rather than later, that would be very good news, IMO. The sooner they get rid of their remaining shares - even if it hurts us temporarily, the better.

I can only hope that is what is going on. We've lost our support at .40, and not one of us could have predicted last April that we'd be back to where we were 14 or so months ago. Unreal.

tanman
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

I've sold out. I essentially broke even and I'm tired of waiting. I wish I would have sold last summer. I guess I was naive to believe that CUV was heading up for good. The story is not over but I'm moving my money elsewhere for now. If I get back in, I probably won't clear near as much but peace of mind means a lot more for me. This is the second time I've lost faith in making a big score. Good luck everyone and thanks for all the valuable information. sad.gif

Tanman

console
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

340000 volume through today. Its a bit more than usual.
On no news it seems someone is keen to bail out. Maybe Absolute has a time limit that is running out.

--------------------
Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.

Rosewood
post Posted: Dec 11 2007, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (artwolf @ Tuesday 11/12/07 09:53am)

artwolf -

I was indeed way to loyal to this company as it turned out. I had a strict very long-term buy and hold philosophy on EPT / CUV, which I don't have with most other companies. The problem is I fell in love with the technology after reading about it years ago.

Over time, I've developed a "sell by percentage into a runup" strategy with other stocks that I will start to use with CUV at the next runup.

It's a strategy that would work better with this company, and quite frankly, this management team is not worthy of 10 long years of investment loyalty, which is what it will come out to be when they finally see any revenue.

I've learned a lot from what has happened, and I look forward to the next runup. Better uses of funds to be sure. Good luck.

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING