Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

topstocks closing down, trolls will flood here
nipper
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 30 2019, 05:24 PM

and, realistically, without the CUV parallel universe, this site would have gone to electrondust

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: joules mm1  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 05:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Oct 30 2019, 04:05 PM

proactive. /prəʊˈaktɪv/
adjective
(of a person or action) creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.

Would be more than happy to be among myriad others. Vive l'hétérodoxe

(PS. essentially use SC as a pre- sort of info, of sorts)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

triage
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 04:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gumboots's post @ Oct 30 2019, 02:05 PM

"they offer nothing..."

I dunno, a bit of traffic on this site would be a change. If not for nip and blackie backed up by eb and Mick (with J and Mr B for cricket) it gets very quiet on SS / SC these days. Arty's contributions to this site were immense and his passing left a giant deficiency here imo. And of course flower was your typical angsty pom but he did manage to keep things lively.

I used to check in with topstocks a number of years back but never came across the consistent quality of analysis and commentary as provided here by Arty and Kahuna and several others.

Anyway, let these topstocks trolls just try stuffing up SS / SC .... they'll be met with some very stern words.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

gumboots
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 02:05 PM
  Quote Post

i am afraid with topstocks closing down, the TROLLS will be flooding this site.

Mods, just be careful with any new members posting on MNS. they are already suggesting heading over here.. they have been banned from
HC..

they offer nothing but to de-rail a thread and destroy the site. thumbdown.gif

i suggest exiting members report any new posters if there agenda is to bait and down ramp biggrin.gif

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING