Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Climate, Earth's Climate
nipper
post Posted: Apr 18 2020, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

"megadrought" in California and the West

https://www-mercurynews-com.cdn.ampproject....new-study-finds

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 21 2020, 12:10 PM
  Quote Post

an excellent video, low on hype high on interesting tidbits
both camps can get something from this
https://youtu.be/Hax7EPFysqY
Antarctica : What happens if the 'Doomsday' Glacier collapses?
•Mar 16, 2020

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 2 2020, 07:57 PM
  Quote Post

unverified, but, contrast !
Mustafa Altıntaş‏ @MstfAltnt Feb 23

Attached File  1915_v_2020.jpg ( 141.74K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 1 2020, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

a global temperature contributing factor highlighted, or simply a sleight of hand in presentation ?...worth a read

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/14...mets-over-china
Attached File  nitrogen_dioxide_reduction_wuhan_010320.png ( 580.76K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Mar 1 2020, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

Why Milankovitch Cycles Can't Explain Earth's Current Warming

By Alan Buis,
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2949/why-mila...urrent-warming/

dynamic picture: https://twitter.com/i/status/1233402800379437059
Attached File  nasa_interactive_milankovich_cycles_010320.png ( 239.7K ) Number of downloads: 1

Sean Sublette‏ @SeanSublette Feb 28 "One of the best illustrations I've seen of Milankovitch Cycles and their role in natural climate change.

If you're not familiar with them, take a quick look in this NASA blog."

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: sprotty  

sprotty
post Posted: Feb 28 2020, 08:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 28 2020, 07:14 AM

It wasn't addressed to you at all but all anti-anthropogenists (hopefully this isn't offensive to anyone). I didn't realise that the term I used had such connotations. I guess this is at least proof of Godwins Law. I come to this site to learn and certainly have. Probably the main learning is to keep opinions to myself on this site which I will from now on.

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 28 2020, 07:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sprotty's post @ Feb 28 2020, 05:23 AM

Sprotty, if you wern't having a crack, why use the term deniers at all??
Was it labelled at me, who posted the original quote, or was it labelled at the person/website from which I provided the data.
And what exactly are you accusing the "deniers" of denying? Global Warming? The anthropogenic part?The Paris accord? The green new deal?
Deniers has holocaustic links, which is why its use is so antagonistic.
its a pejorative word used by people in the hope of "winning an argument"
In the same way that you cannot have a discussion on the LGBTIQ issue without being labelled a homophobe, or discussing terorrism without being an Islamahobe, or problems with immigration without being labelled a xenophobe.
If you want to bolster the AGW argument, address the original facts.
The article I put up is about data, not about opinions, not modelling, not worst case scenarios etc.
Its reproducible. Anyone can get hold of the raw data and reproduce the obvious changes.
Now thats science, the rest is software progaming..
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  Pendragon  

sprotty
post Posted: Feb 28 2020, 05:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Feb 27 2020, 06:43 AM

My post was in no way meant to be a crack at you. The inverted commas around the term you seem to have taken exception to signified "for want of a better term" and was direct at "deniers" in general not you specifically. My question was a honest one - what is the agenda of the official agencies and "pro-agw climate scientists" in misrepresenting data?

In the few quite genuine posts I have made on this thread I have been accused of being emotive and calling people petty names. Phew. I don't think I am the one being emotive.

joules mm1
post Posted: Feb 28 2020, 12:22 AM
  Quote Post

A plan to use snow collected in Japan’s mountains to cool 2020 Olympics venues this summer is being stymied by snowfalls on track to be the lowest on record

https://reut.rs/2HZcOmH

https://twitter.com/i/status/1233034047451881475

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 27 2020, 06:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sprotty's post @ Feb 27 2020, 06:09 AM

Mate, feel free to call me petty names if that floats your boat. My beef with BOM is that they changed from using raw data to "homogenised" data, which then gives them the power to pick and choose which numbers they want to use. As far as I'm concerned that is not a proper scientific approach.
The world may well be warming, as it has done many times before. I'm not convinced that our human actions are the major cause. I really don't want the world to waste trillions doing unnecessary and fruitless actions.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING