Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
triage
post Posted: Yesterday, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Yesterday, 09:38 AM

In the main, that's not actually Trumpy's decision, eb. The yanks, like us, are a federation, and a lot of the power remains vested in the states, not the feds. An example here is where the WA and Qld governments closed their borders. The other premiers and Scotty from Marketing could jump up and down as much as they liked, but it was not their call.

Having said that, Trumpy is very good at pretending he has power when he does not, and equally at pretending to have no power when in fact he does.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Yesterday, 08:26 AM

kinda think of some thing good for trumpie

these protests is the best guinea pigs for COVID-19 re-opening. if this thing not flare up for next week or two, then trump can have best excuse to fully re--open the country!!

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Yesterday, 08:13 AM

Perhaps you should shift it to your conspiracy theories thread??
mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:13 AM
  Quote Post

I've been having the same problem. Might be something more to it.

Whatever happened to the great military parade Trump has been touting for Independence Day?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 3 2020, 04:31 PM
  Quote Post

Aggh, wont let me past the pic.
Edit useless.
mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

Some time ago, someone quoted Thomas Sowell an African American economist and social historian, ,by letting loose the following on twitter

Black votes matter to many politicians — more so than black lives. That is why such politicians must try to keep black voters fearful, angry and resentful. Racial harmony would be a political disaster for such politicians.

I recall this, one of many neat and concise statements from his book, Discrimination and Disparities.
A great read.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 05:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 2 2020, 05:01 PM

now i found what exc said
I am mobilizing all federal and local resources, civilian and military, to protect the rights of law abiding Americans,” Trump said, citing the Insurrection Act of 1807. “Today I have strongly recommended to every governor to deploy the National Guard in sufficient numbers that we dominate the streets. Mayors and governors must establish an overwhelming presence until the violence is quelled.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-thr...1?mod=home-page

if he just shut his big mouth and deploy the army to end this riots quick and smart. than he has the chance to get re-elected.IMHO

remember that NIKE adds?? ---JUST DO IT!!

early birds
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 2 2020, 03:34 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-...sts/ar-BB14TD3s

As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property," he said. "We will end it now."
============

i reckon he is 100% right on this.

but----this article didn't get all out![[ it's problem with media]

the shit part is he said more than that. something like asking "private people to arm themself to hit those lefties" !
that's pit people of USA against each other . and the USA have really loose gun laws. asking for civil war or what????????? unsure.gif

he is gone mad!!!! i guess he will do his ass in alone with chance of RP to win the next election again.

what a world we living in?? thumbdown.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

As usual, Trump has to take the blame for these riots.
Trump might be a dickhead, but the anger is misplaced.
The Local and state police are all part of the state legislature.
The Chief of Police is voted in and out just like the mayor and other city officals.
Forget about the fact that Minneapolis, where George Floyd, was killed has a Democart Govenor, A democrat Mayor, and has voted Democrat at Presidentialo elections consistently since 1932.
The cops who started all this were hired by a democrat local officials, were paid by them, and one presumes got their cultural attitudes from them.
Not a word about the background, everything is blamed on Trump, even though he had no hand in the policy prescription, recruitment, payment, or monitoring of Police and other local officials.
It will only make his supporters more rusted on.
Would most Australians blame Scomo for the debacle in Victoria Police that was Lawyer "X?
Politics is a cesspool, and was always thus.
Mick

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/202...op-news-videos/

Police chief to Trump: If you can't be constructive, keep your mouth shut

----------------------

the land of freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING