Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

13 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSS, CLEAN SEAS TUNA LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 7 2017, 08:51 AM
  Quote Post

Clean Seas Seafood Limited (ASX: CSS) is pleased to release an operational update and advises:
• Farm Gate Prices improved ahead of plan during the first half of FY17, with Export Farm Gates lifting by more than $2 per kg and Australian Domestic Farm Gates by around $0.80 per kg;
• Strong sales growth continued in H1 FY17 with sales of 1,086 tonnes being 45% above the 748 tonnes for the same period in FY16;
• Cash flows for Q2 FY17 were better than plan and reflected the businesses seasonality of heavy feed purchasing during the second and third quarters;
• Fish health and survival remains excellent;
• Cooler than average seawater temperatures in Q2 FY17 reduced fish growth but provided unexpected assistance in addressing the Structural Imbalance between Inventory and Sales;
• Plans are on track for a new In House Processing Facility in Adelaide to be operational early next financial year (FY18); and
• FY17 guidance is maintained with target sales growth to approx. 2,500 tonnes in FY17 and return to profitability in FY18.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Feb 18 2015, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 18 2015, 11:20 AM

Attached Image

That looks ominously like a stop raid - and I missed it angry.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 18 2015, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 2 2015, 12:24 PM

Three rejections at the ceiling. A couple of swings paid some pocket money. Yesterday's reaction to the HY Report, while surprising, triggered my stop-loss. Just as well that I didn't wait till today...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jan 2 2015, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jan 2 2015, 10:53 AM

Happy New Year, Alonso - and all Share Sceners smile.gif
You're probably right - on both counts - about CSS.
Its momentum has definitely turned up, but the low volume held me back too; while that may be due in part to the time of year, I want to see confirmation that the Market maintains the momentum and commits more credible amounts to CSS.

Attached Image

My current bid is 6.8c.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jan 2 2015, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 9 2014, 12:15 PM

I felt last week or maybe the week before that this looked like running again. Unfortunately I'm not holding and haven't bought in.

Them's the breaks.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

arty
post Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Oct 9 2014, 11:30 AM

Arty was off yesterday. Sold at 8.7.

Attached Image

But this morning, he got stupid and bought a small posi back at 8.6, 'coz it looked like holding support.
Turned out I read it wrong. But I still see a 50:50 chance that today's red candle is followed by another green one.
If the rising trend line keeps supporting at 8c, I'll stay overnight, waiting for the weekend blow-off.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Oct 9 2014, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

Well I hope some people creamed off some of that today. I wasn't among them. Bet arty was though.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mercury
post Posted: Oct 8 2014, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crooky's post @ Oct 8 2014, 02:49 PM

that is interesting .
Much more than I thought.
I 'googled' yellowfin kingfish wholesale prices and found someone selling for 18.50$....but they would have been a middle man.

14$ is good.
1500 tonnes = 1500000kg x 14 = 21 million dollars gross.

if they can get that up to 3000 tonnes by 2017 that would be great. ...but looking at the financials...I can't project the earnings after expenses...but I would like to be able to.

I was wondering about the rise in price. Methinks it is a combination of speculation, and possibly a JV for the Tuna project.

Anyway...I am in for a bit.

Merc

Said 'Thanks' for this post: crooky  

crooky
post Posted: Oct 8 2014, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Oct 8 2014, 02:23 PM

$14 kg
page 14

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?...SX&N=820809

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mercury  

mercury
post Posted: Oct 8 2014, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ Oct 8 2014, 11:04 AM

anybody out there up on what the company sells its kingfish / per kg.????
Just trying to do some calculations.
thanks
Merc

13 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING