Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AOT swallowed by Commsec
mosaic1996
post Posted: Nov 6 2006, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rozella on Monday 06/11/06 07:13am

Rozella,

I understand now. This could be useful as I have accounts with ETRADE, COMMSEC that I could link to the Trader Dealer WEBIRESS interface, and as I said, I am looking at FPM as well.

Cheers,
Mosaic

rozella
post Posted: Nov 6 2006, 07:13 AM
  Quote Post

G'day Mosaic,

Is this the same process/function that you have to access AOT and FPM accounts, or do you have a separate option to switch between companies and only the accounts are for each company are available at a time.

On the webiress platform you go to orders/orderstatus/new window, then next to Account you have a dropdown box which says AOT, FPM, ALL ACCOUNTS.

I usually right click onto the code from my watchlist or market depth & select buy or sell, then that buy/sell box opens & at the top there is the dropdown box for the account option.

With the 2 licences:
-do you have separate logon ids/accounts?
-can you both can access the same accounts at the same time?
-can you amend and/or delete each others orders?

I may have mislead you when I said I had 2 AOT accounts. I trade personally & also with our company & each has their own AOT account. I could also merge these together & save some fees, however, we need 2 licences to share the workload.

So in summary, I have my personal trades with AOT linked to a marginlender & also on the same platform, I have FPM for CFDs. Our company account with AOT is on another computer with its own passwords etc.

With the AOT & FPM platform, I can have a buy/sell box open for each at the same time & the same goes for amendments.

rozella

mosaic1996
post Posted: Nov 5 2006, 04:57 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (rozella @ Sunday 05/11/06 02:21pm)

Hi Rozella,

I have 11 linked accounts with Trader Dealer (the old AOT team) [I recently swapped from Commsec] and when I place a buy/sell I select the account.

Is this the same process/function that you have to access AOT and FPM accounts, or do you have a separate option to switch between companies and only the accounts are for each company are available at a time.

With the 2 licences:
-do you have separate logon ids/accounts?
-can you both can access the same accounts at the same time?
-can you amend and/or delete each others orders?

BSA and Rozella,

I too have stuffed up on account selection, as well as buy versus sell, etc. It would make it easier if you could give a more meanigfull name to accounts. Also ended up long when I meant to close a short position with CMC some time back. Fortunately reaslied all mistakes fairly quickly and rectified close to breakeven.

Cheers,
Mosaic

BSA
post Posted: Nov 5 2006, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rozella on Sunday 05/11/06 03:21pm

Ha ha, yes the account mis match can cause some probs, I have done similar with Etrade/Man Cfd.
Went to sell from my margin account, and short sold a Cfd biggrin.gif note to self check which account I have selected.
Another thing to remember is if you have a conditional order set , say sell AMP(Cfd) at $10 and then sell manually at say $9.90, and forget about the conditional order you will short sell AMP if it reaches $10.
I have also in a mad panic to sell on open not checked my order properly, and bought another $20k worth of a stock that tumbled 20%, Doh! A bit of a shock half an hour later when I realised what i'd done blink.gif
I now have my order pad in centre of Iress screen so i can keep tabs on open orders.

Cheers

--------------------

rozella
post Posted: Nov 5 2006, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Saturday 04/11/06 06:24pm

I arranged it through FPM. I already have 2 accounts with AOT & didn't need more fees. I need 2 licences so Mrs rozella can help using another computer on the network.

One problem that can arise is if things are moving very fast, say on matchouts etc, you must be very careful which account you are in. I bought NAB in the wrong account (CFD) last week, then needed to buy in the correct account.....still have both.....wasn't I lucky....up from 3800.0 to 3960.0

rozella

mosaic1996
post Posted: Nov 4 2006, 06:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rozella on Saturday 04/11/06 05:50pm

How was the 'double access' arranged? Via Comsec, FP, or IRESS?

From what you explained, I gather that you log on to Commsec(?) and then you can select which company you are dealing with: Comsec or FP.

Very interesting as I have always avoided using multiple WebIRESS accounts at the same time [month] (I have 3 TraderDealer, Commsec/AOT and PowerEtrade plus I was considering ManFin direct as well) to avoid multiple software and data fees. If I can access all of these via a single IRESS platform for a single fee, it would be excellent.

Cheers,
Mosaic

rozella
post Posted: Nov 4 2006, 05:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Saturday 04/11/06 05:37pm

I am using Comsec/AOT webiress linked to leveraged equities & also use CFDs from FP Markets on the same platform......so 2 separate companies on the same platform. There is a dropdown box for the option. I have to be careful to use the right option & have made a mistake a couple of times, but am quite used to it now......a good system.

This is not a rebadge as I am dealing with 2 individual companies, but only pay the original software/royalty fee to Comsec if I don't meet the required number of trades.

rozella

mosaic1996
post Posted: Nov 4 2006, 05:37 PM
  Quote Post

Commsec to introduce CFD's with IRESS platform. Could be just a rebadge of ManFinancial (like Power ETRADE).

Anyone got any more details?

Cheers,
Mosaic

colaiscute
post Posted: Sep 12 2006, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

In my experience, their lack of customer support is the key negative of the Comsec/aot combination.

Also I dont think they treated the merger well at all (annoyed me and lost alot of my trust).

Another thing that makes me feel a little negative is that I have like 3+ account numbers and comsec + webiress logins and a bunch of passwords.... not sure which ones are still valid, whether I need to keep them anymore etc etc. I feel like its all a bit of a mess, but not a biggie.

They arent that bad as a whole... i just think First Prudential Markets might just be better for me, and wondering about other peoples opinions?

--------------------
colaiscute

rozella
post Posted: Sep 12 2006, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

Can I ask what the problems have been with AOT ?, because I don't have any. maybe its because both my AOT accounts are linked to a marginlender.

rozella

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING