Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

IIF, ING INDUSTRIAL FUND
hungry
post Posted: Mar 4 2010, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

Low vol & sellers still stacked against it, but moving back towards the top of the range at 50c regardless.

hungry
post Posted: Jan 5 2010, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: schwenki's post @ Nov 23 2009, 12:53 PM

Hi Schwenki
Sorry, didn't see your request till now, when I put it back in my watchlist.
I've traded this stock in cfd's many times, but wasn't holding when the halt came for the raising.
I've never heard of such a rediculous scenario in anything i've traded before. CFD's or shares.
I don't know who your provider is, but I'd be changing if that happened to me.

Looking at another entry here if it starts to move.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: schwenki  

schwenki
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

Has anybody traded CFDs in the company IIF?

As you would know they were placed into a trading halt on the 27th of October to raise funds from institutions. The allocation was undersubscribed. So on Friday night (20th of November) a compulsory acquisition was claimed against all share holders who owned IIF CFDs prior to the trading halt. They were forced to take up a full allocation at 48 cents one for one. This equates to a 3 cent loss and they were allocated after the market had closed.

I personally have never before had to buy shares or CFDs on a compulsory level. This company was put into a trading halt at their request.

Does this now mean that companies can ask for a trading halt, and, if allocations are not taken up in full, force their existing shareholders to make up for those unsubscribed amounts.

This sounds just like a perfect ponzie. thumbdown.gif

malfrey
post Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

An extract from Business Spectator http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf...src=ea&ir=3
which is an artlcle originally from
Wheels & Deals 12:57 PM, 7 Aug 2009 Michael Feller LUNCH DEALS: Goodman-o-war

There is a rumour however that Goodman could also use the funds to acquire the ING Industrial Fund on the cheap. Goodman is IIF's second biggest shareholder and according to a Goldman Sachs JBWere analyst report a takeover could be made in conjunction with CIC. ANZ Banking Group is also thought to be running the ruler over IIF and ING's other listed property trusts.

This may explain the activity of the last few days. My indicators all positive at the moment. Could it go up further?

--------------------
I do not give advice as I am not qualified to. I share my own thoughts.
Please do your own research.
Stay Alert to Change: Who moved my cheese?
Regards,
Malfrey

BSA
post Posted: Aug 7 2009, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ Aug 7 2009, 03:03 PM

Ha ha well done mate, I'm out on open blush.gif as I and had others to play with,... for now.

Cheers

--------------------

crystal
post Posted: Aug 7 2009, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ Aug 7 2009, 12:50 PM

and i am out at 35 cents ,the commission is in the post lads

biggrin.gif

mick

crystal
post Posted: Aug 7 2009, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crystal's post @ Aug 7 2009, 11:39 AM

Strange goings on wacko.gif last few trades at 34 cents have been for 6 15 4 13

mick

crystal
post Posted: Aug 7 2009, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 6 2009, 06:02 PM

Bit of movement now touched 34 cents after low of 32 on 4 million

mick biggrin.gif

arty
post Posted: Aug 6 2009, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ralsy's post @ Aug 6 2009, 05:38 PM

Hi Ralsy,

it's a bit tricky to "recomemnd" what you should do.
Here: http://rettmer.com.au/TrinityHome/Trinity/...m#onshareprices is a piece of opinion that I try to remind myself of whenever I'm in a similar situation. Applied to IIF, it means Forget your own history with that stock. Simply check its current move and credentials. If it looks like rising, keep it. If it looks like falling, sell it.

Let's assume somebody bought a share for 40c and saw it drop below a reasonable stop-loss level - say that was 36c. Let's say this investor ignored the stop-loss and then held on to the share in dismay, while it plummeted to 30c, 25c, 20c, 12c. After a year, it begins to rise again. The least intelligent course of action would be - as it crossed 36c again - to say "this is where I should've sold last year, so I sell here now and take my stop-loss." Not far behind in ineffectiveness would be to wait for 40c and sell there, saying "Thank God, I've got my money back." Especially if the stock wouldn't show any sign of stopping its rise.

That's why I draw a simple "volatility band" on either side of the price chart; I set its width to a multiple that I feel comfortable with - e.g. a reversal by one average day's price move against me; if that thereshold is broken, I sell. If I'm not in the profit zone yet, it becomes a stop-loss, saving me from a likely bigger loss. If I'm in profit, I take the profit and run.
(Sometimes, I take profit early if other indicators influence my risk assessment - but that's a different issue.)
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

ralsy
post Posted: Aug 6 2009, 05:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Aug 6 2009, 05:19 PM

Dont know what to do. Bought in at 35 in oct 08 and went through all the lows since. Trying to decide if i should hang in and wait for a profit or just be happy to sell at 35( if it makes it there) and make my money back. Its been one of those shares that i have been pulling my hair out with. Im just a little concerned on the financial health of the company as they are very quiet on where they stand and have been for along time now. I guess on the positive they have'nt had a share placement (capital raising) so no dilution of their shares. All recommendations (comsec, investsmart, etc) are sell and have been for ages. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM what to do? wacko.gif

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING