Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RES, RESOURCE GENERATION LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Jan 5 2011, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jan 5 2011, 12:39 PM

so far the bear side is ticking more boxes than the other way around.

have to agree with you there;
seeing RES close below long-term MA and failing to enter the overhead gap - not even by half a cent - I took the remaining posi off too.

Attached Image

Can always buy back if it rebounds.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mistagear  

mistagear
post Posted: Jan 5 2011, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 5 2011, 12:15 PM

Agree with the 55, was my volatility target so as soon as the volume appeared above that level I was out of there.
Didn't retain a position because I have an increasingly bearish view.
Small Ords are the only sector still making gains,,, and that's the sector which is usually last to find out when a reversal occurs. Looking at many Smalls charts the enthusiastic buying support is ringing alarm bells. I have several Bluey shorts which are almost past the nursing stage and have trails attached.
Obviously I'm happy to trade whatever we are given, but so far the bear side is ticking more boxes than the other way around.
Cheers.

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

arty
post Posted: Jan 5 2011, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jan 5 2011, 12:05 PM

Hi Mista,

I topped up yesterday at 51c - solely on what appeared to be Intraday support.

Attached Image

Based on the same chart, I sold half today at 55c resistance, but wait for the "Pro brigade" to show their hand at today's Close.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mistagear
post Posted: Jan 5 2011, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 29 2010, 02:24 PM

Hi Arty,
Decided to dump this one today,(along with a couple of others)2 trades since early Dec will do me . Supply starting to appear.
Good Luck if you still holding.
Cheers, M

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

arty
post Posted: Dec 29 2010, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

Can't really call today's trading volume "massive", but considering the time of year and the pre-Christmas trading range, I reckon RES has good upside potential. Price levels where I'll look at "take profit?" or "accumulate?" are 54c, 57c, 63c. (see chart)
Added today at 50c.

Attached Image

--------------------

disco stu
post Posted: Jan 7 2010, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

Long a dog sitting in my bottom drawer this is starting to show some signs of life. Sell side is showing some signs of drying up a little. There has been a large off market seller bleeding shares into the market for some time, but... fingers crossed that may be coming to an end.

disco stu
post Posted: May 11 2009, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ May 8 2009, 11:30 AM

....and again today biggrin.gif

disco stu
post Posted: May 8 2009, 12:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ May 8 2009, 11:30 AM

G'day mme,

our paths keep crossing on these little coalers.... perhaps one day they won't be so little lol. Yeah I see RES has made a strong move today, seems to have been building for a while. Will be interesting to see if there is anything behind the move. RES sits in my bottom draw, along with FSE.

FSE seem to have attracted some interesting and capable management as well, with an the recent appointment of an ex-Anglo American head of their Coal department. With Tenaments within 20k of RES it offers some interesting potential as well.

RES's share price movement post share consolidation is still playing catch up with FSE's recent run. Both worth keeping an eye on or stashed in the bottom draw imho.

mme
post Posted: May 8 2009, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: disco stu's post @ Apr 1 2009, 09:26 AM

Up nicely again today disco stu! biggrin.gif

disco stu
post Posted: Apr 1 2009, 09:26 AM
  Quote Post

Interesting to check out the tenements of both FSE and RES, both of which appear to be within 20km of each other at their nearest points. I have bought up a bit of both of these from there recent lows. Does anyone have an opinion... or impression on the capability of FSE management in terms of project delivery? Certainly RES have a proven mgmt team. A tie up between the two could make a lot of sense.

RES has made a strong run in the past few days from 20c to 60c.... still a long way below the equivalent of their pre-consol high of $4.00 or so.

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING