Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
golfnvester
post Posted: Oct 31 2007, 07:53 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: donnaleighh on Wednesday 31/10/07 05:59am

Silex should post an official press release - and not allow rumors to float - bad for the company "Brand" and future "Trust" that it needs from share holders.

donnaleighh
post Posted: Oct 31 2007, 05:59 AM
  Quote Post

Morning folks... From AFR this morning (p.20):

CITIGROUP SET TO PUT SILEX ON SURE FOOTING

Citigroup has landed the gig of raising $50 million in fresh equity for Silex Systems, one of the most closely watched up-and-coming technology stocks in recent years.

The raising is designed to get more offshore investors on the register and will mean Silex is well capitalised (with about $70 million in cash total) to fund its solar and semiconductor enrichment applications and build on recent positive news about its uranium enrichment technology. Early indications last night were that the raising would be priced in the mid-to-lower end of the $7.30 to $7.70 a share range, versus the last close of $8.

[B]

golfnvester
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 11:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: peterke on Tuesday 30/10/07 09:18pm

i agree - logically & pragmatically speaking, 5% is NOT very much dilution from a book value standpoint.....

but the "psychological dilution" can often be different - i have a USA perspective where this effect can be much greater -

it certainly amazes me that in USA, a CEO can be dumping shares hand over fist while the price is high (even rising) and the sheep continue to load up --- and yet if a company does a shelf registration to raise some extra Cash, they get trounced 2-4x the dilution amount.

i'm not sure what to expect on the ASX -

if they have a VERY SOLID message - and the sharebuild is "clean" --- no strings attached, warrants, etc. etc. then i'm comfortable.

peterke
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 09:18 PM
  Quote Post

$50m is only about 7m shares or about 5% of capital. It won't make a big difference to the free float and not really enough for institutions to get set.

My guess is that Translucent is costing more in terms of staffing and development costs and time to market lnger than expected. Having the capital on hand takes away any timing pressure on funds and is a relatively small dilution.

An alternative is that Silex have an acquisition/ investment to make

If it drops to low to mid $7's time to top up for the next run up is my pick.

regards

Peter

gone fishin'
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: forrest on Tuesday 30/10/07 07:05pm

a lay interpretation.. as in the past when major shareholders (directors) sold at about this level to keep the posse happy, my thoughts are the posse cant get enough shares at market and want to climb on board at a reasonable (low) level through the bookbuild.
will be interesting to see the final figure and the major investors. i cant see this being anything but positive being so close to the agm. i dont think they will require metal detectors at the foyer of the agm.

forrest
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 06:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: MissAdventure on Tuesday 30/10/07 08:31am

MissAdventure, thank you for the info. It is very hard to follow Silex from Holland so help is appreciated.

Very strange to raise a substatial amount of money without stating your intentions first!
Even stranger to halt trading fot this reason, unless there is a serious deficiency in their cash flow. (but they have enough cash on hand).

It is like an Airliner intentionaly (and rappidly) losing 10,000 feet to afford disaster.
If the captain had time he would inform the passengers of the move to avoid panic.

Our Captain (CEO) is a sensable man, so this must be an emergency!

Lets hope it is an opportunity, one that leads to share price appreciation.

Have a great day readers and good luck

Forrest

donnaleighh
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Liquid on Tuesday 30/10/07 01:49pm

Haha Liquid, if they do they have my name on them! smile.gif

Thanks everyone for posts today, there is such a wealth of information on this thread of all aspects of SLX activities.

I guess all will be revealed in the coming days, however having said that, as you all know I am pretty new here - "a student of silex" - and bought in long with intention to continue to build.

From all I see, and learn from those on this thread, there continues to be reason to do so, although I do agree with what seems to be a consensus for a bit more regular reporting without giving the game away!

Cheers. D

Liquid
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Liquid on Tuesday 30/10/07 01:49pm

Did anyone see this one comming? I certainly didn't. It p%$*es me off that I just paid between $7.90 and $8.00 to top up, thinking that I was getting the good deal, and someone else gets to come in under that.

Liquid
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 01:49 PM
  Quote Post

I hope there is an option for unsophisticated investors.

JustinS007
post Posted: Oct 30 2007, 01:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: golfnvester on Tuesday 30/10/07 02:38pm

hi golfnvester,

I don't believe the company feels it's fully valued right now. I think it believes it's full value is somewhere above $10 per share. Personally I think it's more than that on U revenue alone. But then my valuation accounts for nil.

SLX is not going about raising $50 million for no reason. There is something behind this, but what we obviously don't know. Hopefully by Thursday we will, otherwise I agree that the Shareprice might hover around current levels, or down to the $7.30 mark for a while (or the book build price anyway, whatever it ends up being).

What we need is a positive outcome relating to the use of these funds.

J.

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING