Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

37 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

BND, BANDANNA ENERGY LIMITED
cranswick
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 05:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 21 2013, 05:15 PM

weirdsmiley.gif Thanks ARTY, yes wasn't a good close today weirdsmiley.gif so do you think a short term correction to 19c- 21c level then it will continue upwards long term, Does the chart look like it is in a long term uptrend overall

--------------------
CAPTAIN CRANSWICK- SELF APPOINTED TEAM LEADER OF AGO ON S/S

arty
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cranswick's post @ Aug 21 2013, 04:55 PM

Ahoy Capt'n
You asked for short-term moves. They needn't go in the direction some crib sheets or broker analysts may suggest.

Today's candle was rejected at the resistance I mentioned, then closed at the bottom of the trading range. As a side effect, MACD did in fact turn down as well, creating a Bearish Divergence in the process (see below).

Attached Image

Were I to own this stock, I'd be out by now. For a long-term holding - assuming I was convinced of BND's fundamental qualities - my trailing stop would be 21c. But why risk losing 2c or more when the portents are pointing thumbdown.gif
I'd rather have sold at 23, waiting for a chance to buy back in at 19 or 20. If the Market proves that assumption wrong, something that's always on the cards, I don't mind buying back in, even if I have to pay a penny more.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

cranswick
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 04:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: focus's post @ Aug 21 2013, 02:06 PM

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newscolumnis...nes-15-jan-2013

--------------------

focus
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cranswick's post @ Aug 21 2013, 12:18 PM

with a high 12 months ago of 40+, and looking at what arty has on the chart I am happy to hold a bit longer. I have a very good profit at moment so can let it drift down a tad before it hits stop loss. Hopefully by next week it will be a tad higher than already. Just need to keep my stop loss moving up but don't you hate it when you think there is more upside and you start debating with yourself should I jump.

--------------------
Old Lighthouse Mechanics - Keep the Lights Burning from Dusk till Dawn

cranswick
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 21 2013, 11:47 AM

Thnaks Arty , so if it closes above 24c today you think it will probably keep going up the rest of the week.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Petergm's post @ May 11 2013, 04:55 AM

Attached Image

Nice round bottom; I hope you kept your nerve and held or got back in during the break in July rolleyes.gif

Short-term though, I suspect the resistance around current levels may offer too much temptation for profit takers, who like to cash in and buy a potential retracement around 20c, if not lower. For starters, MACD still has a tiny potential for the formation of Bearish Divergence. Break above 24c would diminish that threat.

Long-term prospects look promising, provided the positive momentum can be sustained.

Attached Image

I see targets at around 35 and 45c.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Petergm
post Posted: May 11 2013, 04:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: focus's post @ May 10 2013, 11:05 AM

Would be good to see some positive upside for BND holders after several months of continual dropping share price. An exciting announcement would be very handy. Hoping something may be announced soon regarding JV.

focus
post Posted: May 10 2013, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

After picking up 50K @0.11 couple days ago as stated in my post on IVR. The shares are making a good uptrend today. Shares up 16%with the buyer side increasing dramatically and seller becoming a bit thin.

Might be some leak about a good announcement coming up, mmmm

--------------------
Old Lighthouse Mechanics - Keep the Lights Burning from Dusk till Dawn

Petergm
post Posted: Apr 4 2013, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

Australian mining Sector Update April 2013

Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Bruce Adkins, David Beckett, James Minchinton, John Kelly and Michael MacGinley
Australia
April 3 2013

Market Rumors & Opportunities

It has been reported that Taiwan’s largest steel producer, China Steel, is seeking to acquire interests in PCI coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. Although China Steel has not yet announced its financial advisor for the proposed transaction, Morgan Stanley is reported to be pitching targets. China Steel hopes to acquire a minority stake in a largecap company, or projects with production of 1 to 2 Mtpa of low-volatile hard coking coal with moderate to low ash and sulphur, by the end of 2013. Companies with projects in the Bowen Basin region that media reports suggest could interest China Steel include ASX-listed companies Bandanna Energy, Stanmore Coal and Carabella Resources. Further, ASX-listed coal miner Cougar Energy is reportedly interested in speaking with China Steel in relation to a potential sale of Cougar Energy’s Mackenzie coal project.

macduffy
post Posted: Apr 3 2013, 06:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Petergm's post @ Apr 3 2013, 05:56 PM

Companies at that stage of development have a voracious appetite for cash! The good news is that it delays the time when they need to come back to shareholders for a top-up!

cool.gif

37 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING