Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

BKI, BKI INVESTMENT COMPANY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jul 21 2021, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

BKI Investment Company Limited (BKI) today announced its 2021 Full Year results.

Australia's performance in controlling the COVID 19 epidemic and economic stimulus packages was of significant benefit to the Australian household and consumer during the last year. The Governments substantial economic support packages and the banks loan deferrals were very well received and placed the economy in a strong position.

We were concerned in February, when BKI presented first half results, that the forecast growth in unemployment and the completion of payment deferral programs would create a headwind for the Australian economy. Fortunately, these issues were not as severe as we first thought and did not materially impact the local economy. The severe fluctuations in global share markets we experienced in FY2020 and early in FY2021 dissipated with the backdrop of a stronger global economy.

However, many Australian equity investors continued to receive lower dividends than they received 12 to 18 months ago. These cuts impacted BKIs results in FY2021, with Ordinary Investment Revenue down 17% to $39.7 million. The result was impacted by lower ordinary dividends received over the last year from New Hope Corporation (down 73% on the previous corresponding period), Invocare Limited (down 70% on the pcp), Woodside Petroleum (down 62% on the pcp), Commonwealth Bank (down 42% on the pcp), AGL Energy (down 26% on the pcp) and Transurban Group (down 22% on the pcp).

BKI realised $0.3 million from the trading portfolio, after participating in some minor trading positions. BKIs interest received was only $0.1 million, down 82% on FY2020 due to the extremely low interest rates on offer. BKI Net Operating Profit After Tax, before special investment revenue, was $35.7 million, a decrease of 14% over the previous corresponding period. BKI basic earnings per share before special investment revenue decreased 15% to 4.83 cents per share.

...---... ...---...
all very gloomy... but the market looks ahead.
In the last six-month period, BKI received increased dividends from major investments including Macquarie Group (up 155% on the pcp), Fortescue (up 71% on the pcp), Rio Tinto (up 48% on the pcp), BHP Group (up 34% on the pcp), National Australia Bank (up 30% on the pcp), Harvey Norman (up 20% on the pcp) and Wesfarmers Limited (up 13% on the pcp). .. The outlook for dividends received from BKI investments should continue to improve in the periods ahead.
and the bit I like looking at, to see what big players are doing (takes action a few nautical miles out to avoid any icebergs)

Portfolio Movements

BKI made $83 million worth of sales during the first half of this financial year, including exiting positions in Westpac Banking Corporation, Sydney Airports, IAG Limited, SEEK Limited and selling a small parcel of New Hope Corporation. These sales were prompted by the significant reduction in dividends received from these companies during the period. BKI realised a further $81 million worth of sales in the second half of the financial year. This included exiting our positions in AGL Energy Limited, Lend Lease, NAB Convertible Notes and Inghams Group, as well as slightly trimming positions in Commonwealth Bank and Transurban Group.

These divestments allowed BKI to reinvest capital into other positions within the portfolio to offset further declines in Ordinary Income. BKI invested $95 million during the first half and $65 million during the second half of FY2021. The largest investments over the year were APA Group, Transurban Group, Fortescue Metals, Rio Tinto Limited, Commonwealth Bank, National Australia Bank, BHP Group, Amcor, Harvey Norman Holdings and Equity Trustees. A new position was established in Metcash Limited in the second half of the year, and BKI also now has a holding in Endeavour Group Limited following its demerger from Woolworths Group Limited in June 2021.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 23 2019, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

BKI Investments Company will pay shareholders a special dividend in response to concerns about Labor's franking credit policy, which would see cash refunds arising from imputation credits scrapped.

BKI said it would pay the fully franked dividend of 1.5¢ per share in addition to its interim dividend of 3.625¢, explaining that it had been "overwhelmed by the level of angst" expressed by investors.

The company announced the dividend alongside its first half financial results, which showed a 12 per cent rise in its net operating result, its preferred measure of profit, to $25.5 million.
- another LIC doing it right by their 'largely retired' shareholder base. And expect SOL to do same in Apr.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Dec 4 2009, 09:10 AM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

BRICKWORKS INVESTMENT COMPANY LIMITED (BKI)

TO:
BKI INVESTMENT COMPANY LIMITED (BKI)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

tuapui
post Posted: May 12 2006, 10:18 PM
  Quote Post

Particiapting in the SPP was kinda a no brainer... when it came out, the SP was around $1.45. With the SPP set fo $1.33, you could effectively sell your shares and subscribe in the SPP, thus making a quick gain.

BKI has done well for me. I came over from my holding in PSI (which went nowhere).

It invests in bluechips, and is quite diversified. I was thankful they divested their Telstra holdings early in the piece...

trustme
post Posted: Apr 13 2006, 06:37 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: slick7 on Wednesday 12/04/06 09:19pm

I did last time. Only reason I wont this time is i dont have the $$ The reccomedation from my broker a few months ago was anything under NTA with these guys is good.

slick7
post Posted: Apr 12 2006, 09:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: topic-starter on Tuesday 22/06/04 04:35pm

hmm... about a year ago I chose not to participate in the BKI SPP and I've regereted it because it did quite well over the last year. Now they're offering another SPP and I'm wondering if there's anyone here holding who may be participating.

topic-starter
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

BKI
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING