Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TDO, 3D OIL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 3 2018, 12:08 PM
  Quote Post

Taylor Collison's equities desk was in the market with a $3 million raising for 3D Oil.

Taylor Collison was seeking buyers for a $2.5 million institutional placement at 11.5¢ a share. The placement was to be followed by a share purchase plan to raise up to another $500,000, according to terms sent to potential investors.

Funds raised were to purchase seismic data and planning at its projects. ..
.... prior to this, it was eight years without raising capital . Well telegraphed, Noel

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 28 2018, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

life in this old dog

While other players pulled their heads in amid the oil price downturn, Bass Strait explorer 3D Oil branched out in exactly the right spot and secured a plot in the Bedout sub-basin off Western Australia.

The find is near the Quadrant/Carnarvon top-shelf Dorado discovery made in July. Carnarvon last Monday released a contingent (2C) resource of 171 million barrels for the find, and reminded the market "it is common for additional resources to be discovered in the surrounding area after a large discovery".

This was to whet investor appetite for Carnarvon's potential prospects, but it also suits 3D executive chairman Noel Newell nicely.

Melbourne-based 3D acquired the WA-527-P permit, whose border is about 80km from Dorado. ... 3D Oil is looking for a farm-in partner with deeper pockets to finance a first stage of exploration, with a view to drilling in 2020.

Last week, 3D said new analysis of the plot using existing data gave a prospective resource estimate of between 90 million and 1.138 billion barrels of oil equivalent, with a best estimate of 349 million barrels. It's very early days yet, which is why 3D's market value is only $40m, after having tripled its share price on the find to 17c in the past month.
- nearology?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 7 2017, 07:35 AM
  Quote Post

Melbourne junior 3D Oil, in its quarterly report, said it was talking to a number of international oil companies on farming in to the yet-to-be-drilled Flanagan prospect [in Bass Strait]. A Worley Parsons development analysis showed a "small" discovery of 500 billion cubic feet at Flanagan would have a net present value of $350m, while a 1 trillion cubic feet discovery would be worth $1bn.
marginal (not much changed since last post of 4 years ago - except the 'east coast gas crisis' has arrived, as expected. Now we are seeing the responses)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 13 2013, 08:22 PM
  Quote Post

Answer to gas crisis clear in 3D

OIL industry veteran Noel Newell believes the solution to the coming price and supply crunch in eastern state gas markets could lie beneath the blue-green waters of the Otway Basin off western Victoria.

His ASX-listed company 3D Oil is "positively pumped" about the region's potential to serve as a circuit-breaker to the demand squeeze coming when the first of three gas-hungry Queensland LNG export projects costing $70 billion gets switched on next year. Mr Newell's enthusiasm follows 3D's acquisition of the Otway Basin permit (T/49P) in May. Desktop assessments have since identified at least 10 leads, with the structures ranging from medium to large by world standards, and with a combined gas-in-place potential 3D estimates is in the order of 20 trillion cubic feet.

The gas potential of 3D's permit has yet to be proven. "It's got risks, for sure," Mr Newell said. "But it has got (geological) similarities to the North West Shelf gasfields and, what's more, it is in much shallower water and on the right side of the country in terms of accessing increasingly higher-priced domestic gas markets. It is the company's belief that T/49P has the potential to be a world-class asset."

The $28 million company -- it was up 2c, or 20 per cent, yesterday to 12c a share -- is now entertaining farm-in deals with bigger companies to put the gas potential of T/49P to the test with commitments to more seismic and drilling programs.

The offshore Otway Basin is already home to Origin's Thylacine gasfield, 70km south of Port Campbell, and the Geographe field, 15km north of the Thylacine field. The gas is processed onshore near Port Campbell. The two gasfields have a combined gas-in-place of more than two trillion cubic feet. It is believed that Origin was pipped at the post in the bidding tussle for permit T/49P.

Mr Newell would not comment on whether Origin was one of the "large gas players" said to have been attracted to T/49P's potential. "It is difficult to know where else on the east coast you could secure the exploration rights to structures of world-class scale, in a known gas province, in shallow water, and close to infrastructure supplying an expanding, secure market," he said.

Mr Newell said that when the Queensland projects started, the demand for gas would put pressure on domestic prices. "Market consensus indicates pricing of $7 to $9 a gigajoule by 2015-16, with a likelihood of a short-term peak beyond this range. That compares to $3.50 to $4 a gigajoule in recent years," he said.

3D is also working towards bringing its West Seahorse oilfield in Bass Strait into production in the first quarter of 2015. It is a joint development with Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum. West Seahorse is set to have a relatively short life of between four and six years.

Because of the known quality of reservoirs in Bass Strait -- in terms of permeability, porosity and water-drive -- it is set to flow in its early days at a thumping 12,000 barrels a day.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...f-1226781992958

Newell has been beating this drum for a while. Good engineer, poor business skills.. hampering TDO?

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: abner29  

abner29
post Posted: Mar 9 2012, 09:57 AM
  Quote Post

Half year report:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?...DO&N=370592

Commander C
post Posted: Dec 27 2010, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 26 2010, 07:37 PM

will be interesting to find out the specific reasons the mid-case resource size has increased --- and on what new data

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Dec 26 2010, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: abner29's post @ Nov 30 2010, 02:49 PM

3D Oil Ltd (ASX:TDO) says an independent review of the West Seahorse oilfield in Bass Strait by consultant Gaffney Cline and Associates (GCA) resulted in a significant increase in the size of the oil accumulation. The GCA most likely or best case estimate for the entire West Seahorse field represents an increase of 74pc from 5.3m barrels to 9.2m barrels of recoverable oil. Furthermore, the GCA high estimate represents a more than 100pc increase on previous figures quoted by 3D Oil. The GCA high estimate for West Seahorse is 14.5m barrels of recoverable oil.

While the volumes have not been given as reserves, GCA is of the opinion the contingent resources can readily be ascribed as reserves as soon as the final commitment to developing the field is made. Furthermore GCA believes even the low case (1C) contingent resources are economically recoverable.

Directors say the certification and the significant volume upgrade provided by GCA enhances the commercial value of the West Seahorse field and improves the field's development potential.The certification is also a bankable document imperative in securing finance for the development of the field.

but who will join them on this development exercise?

--------------------

abner29
post Posted: Nov 30 2010, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

Ditto: Company presentation, November 2010, still prospective success.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?T=lW...DO&N=346583

abner29
post Posted: Apr 23 2010, 12:14 AM
  Quote Post

Corporate Presentation - 14 April 2010, shows opportunity for success and appreciation.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?T=A9...DO&N=335315

abner29
post Posted: Apr 11 2010, 07:09 AM
  Quote Post

West Seahorse Development Charges Aheadby SubseaIQ|3D Oil Ltd.|Thursday, April 08, 2010

3D Oil has begun Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) for the West Seahorse oil field development in Bass Strait and is on track to reach a Final Investment Decision (FID) in the second half of 2010.

The objective of the FEED is to ensure that the company's valuable crude oil reserves are developed in a cost effective and timely manner consistent with world best practice. The company is now seeking to fast track the FEED as outlined below.

The West Seahorse field, owned 100% by 3D Oil, has 2P reserves of 5.3 MMBbl with an additional 3.4 MMBbl of contingent resource (P50).

The commencement of the FEED follows an exhaustive review of the most economic development options for the field. This has resulted in the reassessment of the option of a subsea well tied to shore with a production pipeline. Once onshore the production will be sent either to a new crude oil stabilization plant or linked to existing third-party facilities.

3D Oil believes this development option offers the lowest capital and operating costs while also maximising the ultimate recovery from the field. It also provides the most favourable NPV estimates at both current and lower oil prices and ultimately provides robust project economics.

The company is in discussions with major financiers and will continue to review the funding options for the development until FID. Development costs are currently estimated at under US $80 MM including contingency and well reentry. The neighbouring Seahorse oil field has a subsea well completion and has almost 20 years of production history resulting in very high estimates of ultimate recoverable oil.

The FEED process will proceed in three stages. These are:

• Concept Finalization being undertaken by WorleyParsons in Houston to review the pipeline-to-shore options, including an innovative flexible steel pipeline that can be installed by a work boat and does not require the mobilisation of a pipe-lay barge. This will result in significant cost savings.
  • Full FEED of the finalised concept and further develop the engineering definition. This will include performing key reviews such as HAZOP, constructability, risk reviews, etc.
  • Extended FEED which will further develop the project so that a bankable feasibility study is generated. This is required to ensure bank finance can be obtained.
First oil production is estimated to start in 2012, with the exact timing largely dependent on environmental approvals, lead times on critical items and the availability of a jackup drilling unit.

3D Oil is also undertaking a full review of the neighbouring Sea Lion prospect, seven kilometers to the northwest. That prospect has the potential to add significant value to the West Seahorse development as a tie-in. Sea Lion has a recoverable Prospective Resource of 20 MMBbl (Best Estimate).

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING