Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BCI, BC IRON LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 9 2018, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 9 2018, 10:10 AM

Response to ASX price query ->

I refer to the ASX price query dated 9 October 2018 and respond as follows (using your
numbering):

1. BCI Minerals Limited (BCI) is aware of the Street Talk article this morning which includes
speculation about BCI’s iron ore divestment process. The article indicates that potential
bidders include Mineral Resources, BBI Group, Hancock Prospecting and Fortescue Metals
Group. The article also states “the portfolio is expected to be worth about $100 million”.

2. BCI announced on 23 August 2018 that it was undertaking a formal divestment process of
its iron ore portfolio and had been approached by multiple parties. BCI is currently in
discussions with multiple parties, including the parties referenced in the article.

Terms of any transaction, including the value of assets making up the portfolio, have not
been settled with any party and discussions are continuing. The $100 million value
referenced in the article is speculative only

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 9 2018, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

According to AFR, MIN is "sniffing" around BCI's iron ore assets that are up for grabs

Other potential bidds could come from Twiggy, Gina and BBI Group
https://www.afr.com/street-talk/deal-hungry...20181008-h16cbv

SP up 20% currently @ 15c
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:02 PM
  Quote Post

From Diggers & Dealers The West Australian

BC Iron boss Alwyn Vorster says the company is still on the hunt for gold and base metals projects to add to its mining portfolio, despite missing out on a number of assets over the past year.
Mr Vorster told Kalgoorlie’s Diggers and Dealers conference that BC Iron was still working on finding partners for its Pilbara iron ore and salt projects, and hoped growing demand for fertilisers across Asia would add value to the company, through its part-ownership of Pilbara potash assets.

But he said the Kerry Stokes-backed miner was still hoping to add a gold or base metals project — either a near-term development option, or an advanced exploration project — to further diversify its portfolio.

“It is a very, very competitive space, and we have certainly found that in the last six to nine months,” he said.
BC Iron bid for 20 per cent of Gascoyne Resources’ Dalgaranga project held by an independent prospecting group, but was pipped by Gascoyne’s $12 million offer to move to complete control of the project.

The former iron ore producer was also rumoured to be a bidder for Saracen Mineral Holdings’ King of the Hills project, which fell to a cash and scrip offer by Red 5 worth about $15.5 million.
“It’s been a fairly tough road to make any progress in the space,” Mr Vorster said.

“We are keeping a watching brief on the space.”

https://thewest.com.au/business/diggers-dea...o-ng-b88563262z

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 03:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Nov 2 2016, 02:24 PM

One just has to think about how far [China’s Tier 1 housing market] has gone to rekindle one’s concerns about some of these commodity prices
=========

B
talk about analysis, have to be balanced right?? this guy seems like many these "one eye" type{ most of them are biased for all sorts reason --hate, jealous,eg}
i'm not sure how balanced my take is, but one thing i know is my analysis is far more balanced than this guy.
although china still grow at good pace at moment, but it passed it's peak, so commodities needs will come off from there
but think of whole south east asia just about start their growth phase like china 15years ago plus big population countrys like india indonesia,
man, raw stuff will be needed, aussias will have another 20 years good time----IF we can pick alright leaders with good policy
if we get someone like pauline hanson tonny abbot eg.... likes of trump and clinton.....then i'd buy myself a tim foil hat.. weirdsmiley.gif

usd$55 is educated number, it's based on cost and existing miner's abilities. but still a "educated guess" at best. tongue.gif
so DYOR as always.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: balance  

balance
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 2 2016, 10:07 AM

It's on watch EB.

I found this on Livewire

As the global economy begins to reflate, the Fed continues to delay rate increases, and China pumping further stimulus into its economy, commodities have enjoyed a healthy rally this year. But can it continue? Chris Watling, Chief Market Strategist at Longview Economics, thinks not. The iron ore price has gone over $60, but he says the clearing price is $30-$35. This price increase has been driven by a switch in China from an equity market bubble, into a Tier 1 housing bubble. “One just has to think about how far [China’s Tier 1 housing market] has gone to rekindle one’s concerns about some of these commodity prices… Yes, it may run a bit further, but this isn’t the beginning of a great big bull market for commodities. No way. This is a proper bear market rally.”

You are far better placed than I to judge whether he is right or not.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

early birds
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Nov 2 2016, 09:36 AM

B
around usd#55ish for next year{ average price}, that is why i think BCI might worth a punt
but small money----risk just too high.

Featured Stock Stories

balance
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 26 2016, 11:12 AM

I've not acted EB. I'm not sure IO can hold up.

--------------------
I'm 29.

early birds
post Posted: Oct 26 2016, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Oct 26 2016, 10:27 AM

case of "no risk no reward" B. tongue.gif
thought i'm the brave punter in this forum, you seems like to plunge as well. lmaosmiley.gif
to me it worth the punt with small position. imho.

balance
post Posted: Oct 26 2016, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

BCI have raised some cash, sold off an asset to FMG and look to be developing their Bucklands project next year. They maybe a decent recovery situation over the next 12 months or so if IO can hold onto decent prices.

--------------------
I'm 29.

early birds
post Posted: Apr 23 2015, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

BCI Iron shares have bounced this morning, not only because of the soaring iron ore price, but also on news that the miner has reduced its cost price.

The miner said all-in costs in the first quarter were $57 a tonne, but that it had lowered costs to $52 per tonne in March and expected to reduce costs by a further $2-$3 per tonne.

Shares are up 42 per cent at 37 cents, but Quay Equities head trader Tristan K'Nell says that even with a more stable balance sheet than its junior miner peers BC Iron is still a risky play at these spot price levels.

"Given how hard it has run, we could see some profits taken this afternoon," K'Nell says.
===========

one for the traders, long or short!! lmaosmiley.gif

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING