Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

52 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SDL, SUNDANCE RESOURCES LIMITED
Chief Wigam
post Posted: Jul 13 2014, 01:13 AM
  Quote Post

No comments on this stock for a year. I would like to start a discussion about what people think are former Leighton boss', Wal King's plans to turn this company around.

He is highly respected in Australia and seems everything he touched at Leighton's turned to gold.

junglej1m
post Posted: Jun 6 2013, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

Does anyone care to speculate about the outcome of the partnership talks going on at the moment?

mercury
post Posted: May 24 2013, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: junglej1m's post @ May 24 2013, 12:04 PM

yes the reply was no doubt the cause of the bounce. ... but I wonder about the falling price. ?

junglej1m
post Posted: May 24 2013, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ May 24 2013, 05:02 AM

Pretty sure the bounce is to do with Sundance's reply to the ASX querying the price and volume changes in the last few days.

mercury
post Posted: May 24 2013, 05:02 AM
  Quote Post

today's bounce has me a bit confused. More shares got traded in the first couple of hours than was traded in the complete day before. some very heavy trading indeed. I wonder, if some African rulings regarding royalties and not sending concentrates to other countries may have a bearing on the sentiment and prices.?

Merc

veeone
post Posted: May 22 2013, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ May 22 2013, 10:27 AM

Truly hammered........... wonder if Hanlong selling down their shares as well?? V1

Featured Stock Stories

mercury
post Posted: May 22 2013, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

SDL seems to be suffering a lack of iron (ore price future).

merc

mercury
post Posted: Apr 20 2013, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ Apr 20 2013, 08:45 AM

True

however, if I look at the assets from the point of view what has been spent already (an asset) then any company / state wishing to buy them out....would probably not get it for less than the money already spent....except if there were an economic downturn or geopolitical problems. I feel that geopolitical could be a problem... Because of greed from officials who want to get control of the assets. That is very possible in places in Africa.

And that is why my investment is small. But if another offer did arise ...I can't see it being 10cts unless the price of IO drops significantly. AND if the outlook for IO remails reasonable...then there could be counter bids.
What I would love to know...IS...do the shares that Hanlong hold remain static...or have some been sold. ? Probably someone knows. And probably we won't know until long after a purchase or sale is made.

I always find it interesting that when a share price is dropping that the purchase of shares from a company that wants the price to stop dropping is noted under "change of substantial shareholder interests" or "director's change of interest" they are noted very very quickly to stop the rot.

But when they are accummulating it doesn't happen quickly...unless they WANT you to think that something is happening

As seen with NEA. The price jumps from 3 cts to 25cts. 800% ....but the profits are hardly moving that fast.

merc

Carsha
post Posted: Apr 20 2013, 08:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Apr 20 2013, 03:56 AM

Hi Merc

On a fundamental note SDL are not about to start mining in the near term.
The chinese can wait and see how far the IO price falls before making a move.
I think they will be looking for a heavy discount here.

Market cap at the moment around $310 million with 436 mt of reserves.

CS

mercury
post Posted: Apr 20 2013, 03:56 AM
  Quote Post

bought a few at 9.9cts.

My thinking is,

a)that with a stop loss at 8.8 i have more to gain than lose
b) the management really want a deal to be forthcoming and will jump at anything plausible....because they are tired of waiting,
And because they know they don't have the funds to do this themselves.

c) the Chinese have a large interest in this....but I think they don't trust the DMR any more than me. Maybe that is why they didn't put up the cash... and maybe they just have the time to dawdle and watch the price of iron ore fall....and get a better deal.

D) the chinese have a large interest in this....and would like to make some money,....or lose less.

But for now....I have bought a few.

Merc

52 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING