Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

228 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SBM, ST BARBARA LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 8 2020, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 24 2020, 10:31 AM

Fell today after going ex div.
Fancy having a share with dividends this year!
Divvvy was 0.034 cents, fell 06 cents, so I bought some more.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 24 2020, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

SBM had a solid report, not spectacular.
Debt reduction post report was good.
tlantic gold purchase looks like it will pay off. NPAT down, cash earnings up, dividend maintained.
Biggest worry is the continuing decline in production from Leonora.
They may need to spend some more on exploration.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 30 2020, 02:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 30 2020, 01:02 PM

Sons of Gwalia certainly plumbed the depths, for me.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 30 2020, 01:02 PM
  Quote Post

SBM has hit the big time media wise.
ABC has a story about the Sons of Gwalia not being the deepest gold mine in OZ.

From ABC NEWS

A $100 million expansion of Australia's deepest gold mine is nearing completion, as the precious metal continues to trade at record levels.

Key points:
The Gwalia mine was originally established in 1897 by Herbert Hoover, who later became the 31st President of the United States.
St Barbara restarted mining at Gwalia in 2008 and has produced more than two million ounces of gold
Mining at Gwalia is planned to reach a depth of 2,300 metres below the surface by 2031
The project to extend the life of the Gwalia underground mine in Western Australia's northern Goldfields has been ongoing since 2017.

Kilometres of new ventilation have been installed by sinking large new shafts to send chilled air from the surface to the miners working below.

Craig Jetson, managing director of Melbourne-based gold miner St Barbara, said the final ventilation shaft should be completed next month.

The shaft has reached a depth of 480 metres and has another 37 metres to go.

Mr Jetson said the investment in Gwalia's future would more than pay for itself over the next decade.

"We will certainly look to have very, very strong margins for a long period of time and a stable operation," Mr Jetson told analysts and media while unveiling the miner's quarterly results.

Hopefully that final shaft will give the stock a boost.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 28 2020, 09:34 AM

Full year production of 382 mill ounces right in the middle of previous estimate range. and thw AISC also in the middle of estimates range.
Good result. Be interesting to see what next years guidance will look like.
Most interesting part is the net cash of $86mill, and a closing year balance of $406 mill.
Thats a fair sized warchest, and with gold still performing strongly, will get even bigger.
Wonder what they have in store for all that mullah.
Still bedding down Atlantic gold purchase, so maybe need to hang loose unless something compelling comes up.
Expect gold stocks to get some real momentum at this rate.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 28 2020, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

3rd quarter out, still on track for 370 to 400k ounces for full year.
Given the average gold sale price is now above 2100, profits should be pretty good.
Atlantic gold has been a very nice acquisition.
AISC is in very low 900's makes it very profitable with gold still above AUD2600 an ounce.
Will keep holding at this rate.
Mick

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

sBM have joined the list of gold miners who say that the CV lockdowns etc have not materially impacted operatioms/production.
Of course that may change, particularly in PNG , as flights in and out are suspended.
Waiting.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 2 2020, 08:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 19 2020, 08:45 AM

The reserves and resources upgrade after the drilling program will struggle make any difference.
Modest increase in both, but in this climate, you could strike a pure gold reef and still trashed.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 19 2020, 08:45 AM
  Quote Post

The half yearly report out doesn't add lot to the quarterlies report.
Dividend maintained at 4 cps which is ok.
No lack of cash, so should be able to maintain the divvy.
Will probably be fully franked this next year as they chew up accumulated losses.
Atlantic gold purchase was a big contributor, lets hope that the gold price stays above and beyond the AUD2400 mark.
Will keep holding unless it shoots above 3.20 mark, but will need a gold surge to get there.
Mick

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Jan 23 2020, 07:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 22 2020, 09:37 AM

Just had a read and have to agree with your conclusions......... I would have thought the ventilation improvements would have made more of a difference to forecasts

228 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING