Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 20 2020, 09:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 19 2020, 12:48 PM

Yes, RBG's death has had a profound impact on many people.
Twitterati

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 19 2020, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

News that Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died will make a push to get another conservative on the SCOTUS really quickly.
Not sure if Trump and the republicans will be able to pull it off, there is a veru good argument that says wait till the election is over.
But then again, it might be argued that there needs to be an odd number so as to negate the prospect of a "hung judiciary of 4 all.
This may be pivotal given the very likely possibility of there being numerous court challenges in the aftermath of the election.
mick

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Sep 19 2020, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

Six weeks to go until the election. Three for NZ's.

Trump reckons there will be a vaccine before it.

The political management handbook stipulates that if you have an ace up your sleeve, play it two weeks before the election date. That way you can catch the undecided voters before they firm up in their minds what way they will go.

So we might have to wait another four weeks before we get clarity on anything.

If Trump wins, he will unleash the military against all the rabble I expect . Watch the career politicians scurry like rats from a sinking ship.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Sep 5 2020, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Sep 5 2020, 11:52 AM

I suspect there are more than a few faceless Republican players, quite happy to let the orange buffoon open up various agendas, allowing them to slip through (and profit).

It is hard to be optimistic about many things, these days.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rlane  mullokintyre  

henrietta
post Posted: Sep 5 2020, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 5 2020, 11:25 AM

At least we know what we've got, and where we are with Trump, and I don't think he is senile.

Biden will just do as he's told by possibly faceless men. Not sure I want that.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

early birds
post Posted: Sep 5 2020, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 5 2020, 10:10 AM

to me
any jackass is better than trumpies-------when he wants people inject shity in their vein , man!!!! he lost me!
sleepy Joe, or whoever!!

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 5 2020, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

As much as everybody hates Trump, the Dems Joe Biden is not really helping their cause.
In an interview with Ed O'keefe from CBS, Biden managed to read the words "End of Quote" from a teleprompter.
This highlights two things:
1. That the series of questions had already been telegraphed to the Joe Biden camp so they could prepare answers , even up to the point of being able to quotations in the answer. A full Ron Brfundy moment (can we bring Ron Back onto the little screen??).
2.The bloke's brain is so slow he couldn't distinguish from what he was supposed to read versus what were non verbal hints. My 89 year old father reckons half the residents in his retirement home have more cognitive ability than Joe.
The day prior to this, he read the words "Topline mesaage" from another teleprompter in a CBS interview.
Obviously they need to put the teleprompter message hints in a different colour and font to the actual message he has to deliver.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 3 2020, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 2 2020, 11:16 PM

37 trading days when markets are open, until the US election.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

plastic
post Posted: Sep 3 2020, 05:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 2 2020, 11:16 PM

if by Noon on 20th January, no president elect has been decided, the speaker of the house, none other than that ole dragon Nancy Pelosi. will become the President until such time as a winner is decided.

Didn't know that. Which makes it all the more interesting.

I am convinced Biden was put in as a strawman for something else.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 2 2020, 11:16 PM
  Quote Post

The polls seem to be showing a resurgence for Trump, though given how wrong the polls have been in the past, one can't put too much weight on their accuracy.
There is also the fact that the polls are usually done ona National basis, but there is really no national poll.
There are 51 separate polls, one for each of the states plus the DC.
So really, you need to look at polls in each state.
Like in OZ, most voters are rusted on to one party or the other, its the swinging voters aqnd swinging states that make or break.
So either side will be concentrating on those swinging states, maybe 10 or 15 in totaal.
And as Hillary found out last time, you can get get the majority of votes, but still lose the delegates.
States like California have lots of voters, but whether you win by 1 vote or 5 million,. its still the same number of delegatres.

One of the more interesting facts about the US election is that at Noon on January 20th, 2021, both the president and vice president leave office,
Which is ok if there is a president and vice president elect standing by to be sworn in.
But this is a very unusual year.
The Pandemic will almost certainly delay the counting of the election results.
Given the rancour on both sides, even after the results are in there are likely to be lots of court cases disputing anything and everything.
This would play into9 the hands of the Democrats because, if by Noon on 20th January, no president elect has been decided, the speaker of the house, none other than that ole dragon Nancy Pelosi. will become the President until such time as a winner is decided.
And if enough lawyers get involved, that could take some time.
]What an irony it would be if the first femal president of the USA got there by accident!
Now that will be interesting!

Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: plastic  

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING