Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

DUB, Dubber Corp Ltd
nipper
post Posted: Sep 18 2017, 09:00 AM
  Quote Post

small-cap investor Alex Waislitz has launched an extraordinary attack on emerging technology company Dubber as it prepares to ask investors for more capital to back development of its cloud call-recording software.

Dubber shares went into a trading halt on Thursday ahead of capital raising expected to be worth at least $5 million, priced around 35c a share compared to its last closing price of 41c. The shares have risen from 18c since the end of June. But critics claim the raising comes after Dubber said previously it did not need to raise extra capital.

Mr Waislitz's private Thorney group and listed Thorney Technologies hold 7 per cent of the company, but this stake will fall to 6 per cent after the capital raising in which Thorney will not participate.

"Despite having a voice call-recording product and a market opportunity with great potential, we believe the company is yet to demonstrate an ability to execute its strategy, improve its governance and maintain an effective communications approach to shareholders,'' Mr Waislitz said in his latest chairman's note to shareholders of Thorney Technologies. "While Dubber has engaged with a number of global telecommunications companies, the company has not yet managed to achieve its stated revenue targets. At the same time, we are concerned that it appears to be burning cash at an alarming rate.''

He said Dubber had been one of the few disappointing investments for Thorney Technologies, which listed on the ASX earlier this year.

"We have made consistent efforts to engage with Dubber and have strongly recommended significant changes to their board to better position the company. To date progress has been less than satisfactory,'' Mr Waislitz's note said.

"For example, one newly appointed director resigned after only a few months and the other has a close relationship with the existing CEO. ''In our view there is a clear and urgent need for further changes in Dubber's leadership if the company is to achieve its potential.''.

A spokesman for Dubber said the company did not wish to provide any comment directly on the Thorney statement, but it is understood the firm is disappointed in Mr Waislitz's comments.

"The Dubber management team is very comfortable and confident with its commercial execution plan, in the last quarter having announced major new engagements with one of the world's largest telecommunications carrier AT&T, a significant agreement with global unified communications leader BroadSoft and CDK Global, one of the world's largest providers of IT and digital marketing services to the automotive industry,'' the spokesman said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Nov 20 2015, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 20 2015, 09:41 AM

Hi frodo;
sorry, had to go out this morning. DUB did come back to test the breakout level.
So I hope your bid got filled in the meantime.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

frodo
post Posted: Nov 20 2015, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 19 2015, 01:30 PM

Im trying to buy back into DUB but it wont go down to my buy 65 I missed out earlier now watching see what happens. Arty any charts suggesting a pullback or not really?

arty
post Posted: Nov 19 2015, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 18 2015, 08:05 PM

RYG should return tomorrow or Monday; hard to tell how Ms M will react.
It's of no great concern to me because I got off with a profit when I could.

DUB is a different matter. I also took part profit at resistance and was poised to dump the rest when I read about the present they made to their "sophisticated" mates at 45cps! grrr.gif

However, the chart told a different story, and I loaded up this morning on the break before taking half profit on the first swing.

Attached Image

Holding one lt position in expectation of more upside.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

frodo
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 08:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 18 2015, 08:02 PM

Ignore the insanity of that last post . Was thinking of RYG at the time.

frodo
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 18 2015, 11:30 AM

So do you feel it will come out of the TH before Friday Arty?

Featured Stock Stories

arty
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

DYOR from here: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/annou...D&period=M6

DUB came to my attention when it broke out of the low Darvas Box:

Attached Image

Initially, I took only a few swing trades; some of these "disruptive technologies" can be pretty hyped-up and trading dominated by day traders. Meanwhile though, I get the feeling this has more legs. So I'm holding and accumulating. (Doesn't preclude some swingers on the side though wink.gif )

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING