Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BNV, BRAND NEW VINTAGE LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Apr 9 2008, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

Topic rename

GLOBAL WINE VENTURES LIMITED (GWV)

To:
BRAND NEW VINTAGE LIMITED (BNV)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

macrae
post Posted: Apr 2 2007, 06:32 PM
  Quote Post

Having a look at her. smile.gif

The old Xanadu (XAN)

ASX Circular: Reorganisation of Capital:

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/3a698fd3444f17...-GWV-354586.pdf

PMA Capital Management Ltd became a substantial holder in
Global Wine Ventures Ltd on April 2 with 4 million shares (8pc).

Chart below:
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
<b>"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind." </b>

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Sep 30 2005, 04:36 PM
  Quote Post

Topic rename:

TO: GLOBAL WINE VENTURES LIMITED (GWV)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

awol
post Posted: Jun 28 2005, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dr_dazmo on Friday 24/06/05 03:34pm

Nice rise today.Now just back a uranium play into it and get the shareholders warm and fuzzy again biggrin.gif

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Jun 24 2005, 02:34 PM
  Quote Post

I don't know who the major shareholders are, but you could always hope that the transaction is knowed on the head.

Without some consumer known brands, the company will fold - it will only be a matter of time!

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

ScottD
post Posted: Jun 24 2005, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dr_dazmo on Friday 24/06/05 07:26am

I'm a shareholder, and don't fell good about this. I thought the business had potential to turn the corner and come back, however this leaves me a shreholder in an empty shell. If the business recovers, I don't own it any more :-(

Featured Stock Stories

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Jun 24 2005, 07:56 AM
  Quote Post

From reading yesterday's announcement re: shareholder approval for sale:

Sale Price $26.16 Million inc assumption of $2.93 million in lease & rent liabilities.

Westpac to be repaid in full $14.5 Million

Repayment of convertible notes - Directors Estimate $1.75 Million, but could be up to $5.7 Million - the Director's don't really have much credibility IMO.

Therefore company will receive $9.91 Million to $5.96 Million - depending on those Convertible Notes!

The Pro-Forma Balance Sheet states Cash of $2.2 Million??

Can someone explain the difference between the potential $9.91 Million being received from the sale (best case scenario), and the $2.2 Million the Director's say the company will have in the Balance Sheet??

The only benefit I can see out of the asset sale is that XAN will remain listed, and the Directors will continue to be able to receive Directors Fees at the expense of it's shareholders!!
Surely, the best deal would be to sell the business lock stock & barrel, and return the pittance left to the shareholders.
I fail to see how a wine company with some nothing brands, some potentially over valued stock, and Sam Atkins at the helm expects to succeed in what is becoming one of the toughest & most competitive industries in the country.

Just my opinion, and luckily I don't hold XAN, so what do the shareholders think?? puke.gif

Dr_Dazmo

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

dishlips
post Posted: Jun 24 2005, 01:07 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ScottD on Thursday 23/06/05 10:46pm

thumbdown.gif It's a deal done to satisfy the banks and also to allow Mr Norgard to cut his losses......surprise, surprise, if you're a shareholder, you will be feeling a burning sensation in your nether regions. The remaining assets are crap.

ScottD
post Posted: Jun 23 2005, 10:46 PM
  Quote Post

How do shareholders benefit from this arrangement compared to a takeover offer? I can't see that we do sad.gif

dishlips
post Posted: Jun 21 2005, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

I'm not sure that the numbers do add up at all....the only way they COULD add up is if your name's Ross Norgard, thumbdown.gif

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING