Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ALY, ALCHEMY RESOURCES LIMITED
wolverine
post Posted: Nov 2 2013, 09:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Nov 2 2013, 03:57 PM

To be fair to the company, the nearology to SFR's deposit (ie. over the fence) means the company has put off the gold stuff and probably correctly went looking for low hanging fruit base metal deposits. Unfortunately they haven't hit anything in the low hanging fruit category so back to gold with the expectation they can farm down the base metal exploration (to SFR??) to 20% free carried??.

In hindsight it is easy to say they should have gone at gold instead but that is the nature of explorers. I rate the management and board of ALY as pretty solid....no doubt disgruntled holders won't but a call to them would definitely confirm their conservative nature when it comes to expectations from drilling prior to results.

Explorers are all about timing with more failure than success so it is a good lesson to be learned either way. ALY are cum capital raising but it will be interesting to see how they go with farming down the base metal stuff perhaps it will kick a bit on that.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

mcart117
post Posted: Nov 2 2013, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

When I first joined SS, despite warnings of seasoned members to do my own thorough research, I did buy a couple of shares which weren't too clever. This is one of them, and as no-one posts on this thread any more, and the company for some reason does not give a full and detailed history on their web site, I have read this thread from the beginning.

That makes me feel a little better. Posters applying for 200k @ 25c in the IPO, and getting them, and watching the price dribble to 5c in less than a year. I note Wolver gave it a wide berth. I've always liked his posts. Mind you the options @1c would have been a bargain, for those who still had the stomach to apply.

The thread goes pretty quiet then, until June 2009, after the first bounce. Then on July 30 2009 we have Arty's first post – good timing Arty. And towards the middle of October 2009, everyone put big smileys on their posts (wonder why?). The smileys disappeared in November, as I guess people sensed the party was over. And in December 2010, Arty wrote the prophetic words "more likely to drift lower … I can wait". And drift it did, to a low of 7c in December 2012.

Then in Feb 2013, they gave a presentation about being near to a VMS deposit. The phrase "nearology" was used a lot in this thread, and these guys seem to have lived on it. Anyway, that was when I took an interest, partly because I like volcanoes. Has a VMS deposit been mentioned since? Not that I've seen. These guys seem to be masters of PR and innuendo. Have they ever produced an ounce of gold? Will they ever? The tiny "investment" I made @10.6c is in my "Learn from silly mistakes" drawer. I guess I have to be grateful it wasn't $1.06 or worse, the high of $1.26. It gasts my flabber to think that anyone not only paid so much for pure hot air, but also believed it would go further.

Will it ever happen again? Not to this stock I'd wager, nor in this market. But if the bull market continues on the ASX, and gold goes back towards $2,000/oz, sure as eggs are eggs a group of opportunists in smart black suits will put on a show with their merchant banker and posh broker friends to raise some money for a bit of "prospecting". And then there will be bubble or two on a rumour or two, so the bankers and brokers can get their money back, and then it will quietly fall into oblivion.

Do I sound bitter? I hope not. I'm just reciting a cautionary tale for myself and others to add meaning to the letters: DYOR!

mcart117
post Posted: Mar 26 2013, 08:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 19 2013, 12:14 PM

Quite low, it would seem.

arty
post Posted: Feb 19 2013, 12:14 PM
  Quote Post

Here comes more supply.
How low will they let it go? I wonder...

As I'll have an early Close today, I'll stay out.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 18 2013, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

Oh well, we will see. I am interested in whether the company takes advantage and picks up another couple of million with a quicky cap raising to professionals/sophisticates while the going is good.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

arty
post Posted: Feb 18 2013, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 18 2013, 09:51 AM

that's the way it looks to me as well.
I took part in the Open Auction, half-hoping it might add another 10% and hit the next Fib level.
That wasn't to be, so I got off again when supply came in and made 16c the limit. Every penny counts tongue.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

Featured Stock Stories

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 18 2013, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

A bit of follow thru buying today up to 16c but some extra supply appearing so perhaps this is about as far as it goes until they drill?

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 17 2013, 06:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 17 2013, 06:05 PM

I am surprised there wasn't more supply from the capital raising at 13c although a lot of the stock is tied up inside JRL and their directors.

I tipped out 150k on Friday but didn't get tagged at 15c on the close. Possibly it was window dressing but there was enough volume relative to their daily vols to perhaps make it real buying??!?

Given that the market cap is tiny relative to the spoils on offer if they hit a VMS deposit I can understand some hot money coming in now they have firmed up a pretty solid target and some reasonable secondaries.

I will hold some for the drilling but it was hard to knock back the price when I am averaged in around 9.2c

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Feb 17 2013, 06:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 15 2013, 12:30 PM

Hi Wolver,
yes, I saw the roadshow preso and could imagine that it excited some punters.
However, the decision whether to snipe or target 14.5c had become a non-issue, as I could do both in one hit.

Attached Image

btw, the 15c trade happened only in the post-close auction on tiny volume - IMHO highly suspicious window-dressing.
It may have an effect tomorrow morning, but I wasn't prepared to gamble on it, especially as I had already completed my trade.
(And the pog chart later that night made me even happier about that hunch.)

--------------------

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 15 2013, 12:22 PM

They are/have been roadshowing Arty.

Drilling in about 2wks. This next drill is pretty critical as they are finally targetting something with all the hallmarks of a VMS deposit but there are a number of alternate possibilities. As long as they drop a hole within 100m they should be able to pick it up with downhole EM.

For your trading style I guess you buy in anticipation of drilling and let the punters win or lose on the result?

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING