Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BBB, B DIGITAL LIMITED
pukin
post Posted: Nov 7 2006, 07:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: datum on Tuesday 07/11/06 06:17pm

First of all I don't hold BBB but I do hold SOT. I agree with all that you have said re BBB and unfortunately that makes me happy as it means my SOT are getting a good deal. (Maybe an exceptional deal). Given their poor performance recently as a result of B Digitals poor performance and other factors of their business only starting to get off the ground it is good to see they are doing something right. In my very humble opinion maybe if B Digital shareholders want to get some of their lost funds back they should jump ship into SOT. blink.gif

datum
post Posted: Nov 7 2006, 06:17 PM
  Quote Post

the race is almost finished. SP Tele. has 89.4% & is on the verge of the 90% compulsory
acquisition T/O rules. The "independent directors" did a sterling job of shafting minorty shareholders. As per my previous posts , SP Tele. will be able to pay for their takeover
in less than 4 years with their retained profits. I wouldn't mind being able to pay off my
mortgage in a 3 to 4 year time frame.
freoman , at least you didn't buy them at the IPO price of $1.00.

Disclosure - dont own & have never owned BBB , just seeing how the story ended.

--------------------
This is not a bottom draw stock. This is a stock you take to the grave with you.

freoman
post Posted: Sep 27 2006, 01:25 AM
  Quote Post

I agee datum I purchased my shares around the 24cents mark I don't want to take a loss, I think bbb troubles are behind them with the b-shop write down etc and i have noticed they are doing more advertising especially kooee on my local tv station(which means thay are at least being proactive)with that in mind i was thinking they would be a good future prospect sad.gif

datum
post Posted: Sep 27 2006, 12:48 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: freoman on Wednesday 27/09/06 12:19am

S.P. Tele's offer represents a mkt cap of $132 million.
I think BBB"s strong business has quite a good chance of achieving
$20 mill NPAT in a few yrs time. So assigning a conservative P.E of 10
you are looking at a mkt cap of $200 mill , which is about 24cents per share.

truth be known , you should then get a 20% T/O premium attached to that.
So fair value is closer to 30 cents per share.

--------------------
This is not a bottom draw stock. This is a stock you take to the grave with you.

freoman
post Posted: Sep 27 2006, 12:19 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: datum on Tuesday 26/09/06 11:14pm

i'm not selling unless i'm forced to the 16cents a share is not fair value thumbdown.gif

datum
post Posted: Sep 27 2006, 12:14 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (ousia @ Monday 25/09/06 07:15pm)

thats a good gain ousia, but its only a good win for the 3% of punters
who picked up the shares at record lows.
SP Tele. offer (as per their ASX release) is 16 cents per share
for a total outlay of $71.9 million. If the profit forecasts by the broking houses & ousia are correct you are looking at $16-$18 mill annual NPAT in the future.
So therefore Sp Tele are going to pay for their acquisition in only 4 years.
If BBB business continues to grow to say $20 mill NPAT
& throw in synergies of marrying the business"s together & you are probably looking at a pay-off in 3 years. Not a bad return in anyone"s language.
BBB have supposedly got some independent directors assessing the offer. i cant see this amounting to much though. They might recommend a higher offer of 18cents if your lucky

From my earlier post--
Posted on Friday 22/09/06 11:00pm
BBB - ABN Amro
Valuation falls to $0.18 from $0.19.

So from a window dressing perspective you could be looking at 18cents
to make it look correct from a corporate governance perspective.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

ousia
post Posted: Sep 25 2006, 07:15 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (datum @ Monday 25/09/06 04:16pm)

Hi Datum,

I'm sitting on a 100% gain (over 4 months) in BBB, so I'm not complaining about BBB's share price. However, I think 16c does not represent fair value for BBB in a takeover situation, and I think a number of other sophisticated investors will agree with me. 20c is closer to the mark. It is my understanding that Nick Kotzahambos is keen to sell at the present point in time for cashflow reasons and because he has recently been sidelined by new BBB management.

I don't think the market necessarily favours big players at the expense of small players, but it certainly does favour the intelligent/well informed (no matter what their size) over the less informed/naive.

datum
post Posted: Sep 25 2006, 04:16 PM
  Quote Post

i have never owned BBB, & not in at the moment , so my opinions are purely as an observer.
Buying stocks at record lows is always great for the small percentage of punters who snapped them up.
But it doesnt help the other 97% of IPO & medium to long term holders who hold BBB scrip.
BBB was floated on the 9th june 2000 @ $1.00. So 6 years later you are getting offered 16cents for your shares. Not a great investment at all.
As for a higher offer , SP Telemedia already has 45.8% of BBB.
Its 2nd largest shareholder a Mr Nick Kotzohambos has 20.7% & has agreed to the offer. Therefore SP Tele. has 66.5% spoken for. So a higher offer for minority shareholders might be a bit hard to squeeze out of them.

This again proves the stockmarket was invented for the benefit of the big players,
with minority shareholders getting screwed big time.
Small shareholders are better off rejecting the T/O en mass , & thus benefiting in the years
to come of the strong business BBB now has in place.
If you have a look at the BBB chart since listing you will will see it was at record lows of about 10 cents during 2002 - 2004. Before spiking to 60 cents in 2005.
which indicates it would have been a good time to sell then. Rather than now.

--------------------

rubba81
post Posted: Sep 25 2006, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

interesting times ahead.

ousia
post Posted: Sep 25 2006, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

As I predicted 4 months ago, SOT has formally launched a bid to takeover BBB. However, given that BBB is expected to generate a healthy after tax profit this FY (in the region of $15-16mill), and higher profits again in 08, I think the offer price of 16c is too cheap, and I would expect many sophisticated minority shareholders to push for a higher price. I think an offer price of around 20c represents fair value for the company at the current point in time.

Might I suggest that retail BBB shareholders reading this thread give BBB's company secretary a call (08 9463 5800) and simply put forward the opinion that the offer price is too cheap.

When BBB's shareprice was trading at 7.5c (when I was buying), I predicted on this thread that the share price could double in 3 months. Well, it has taken closer to 4 months, but, as is often the case, my prediction has proved pretty accurate.

For what it's worth, I'm also predicting Adacel's (ADA) share price to be trading north of $1 in 12 months time (current share price is 50c).

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING