Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
mullokintyre
post Posted: May 29 2021, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

It seems that the MSM media have suddenly taken on board the view that the whole "the virus escaped from a Wuhan Lab" thing may just have some credence. More than a few people are saying that those same MSM inhabitants were guilty of trump Derangement Syndrome. Namely, that because Trump said it, it must be wrong and we must all agree. Thus anyone who spoke in favour of it was part of the conspiracy theory lunatic fringe. There may be some measure of truth in that , but it would seem that the real reasons are the usual ones. Self interest. Someone covering up because their arse and livlihood were on the line.

For those of you who have sufficient intellect to understand mildly complex biological articles, the article by Nicholas Wade, a science writer, on the origins of Covid 19 make some interesting reading.
Its long, some sections require rereading to get the hang of it (at least it did for me), but takes away a lot of the emotive language that seems to get bandies about.
from Nicholas Wade

Here is one of the passages that support why the original idea was suppressed. Plain old self interest.
From early on, public and media perceptions were shaped in favor of the natural emergence scenario by strong statements from two scientific groups. These statements were not at first examined as critically as they should have been.
“We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin,” a group of virologists and others wrote in the Lancet on February 19, 2020, when it was really far too soon for anyone to be sure what had happened. Scientists “overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife,” they said, with a stirring rallying call for readers to stand with Chinese colleagues on the frontline of fighting the disease.
Contrary to the letter writers’ assertion, the idea that the virus might have escaped from a lab invoked accident, not conspiracy. It surely needed to be explored, not rejected out of hand. A defining mark of good scientists is that they go to great pains to distinguish between what they know and what they don’t know. By this criterion, the signatories of the Lancet letter were behaving as poor scientists: they were assuring the public of facts they could not know for sure were true.
It later turned out that the Lancet letter had been organized and drafted by Peter Daszak, president of the EcoHealth Alliance of New York. Dr. Daszak’s organization funded coronavirus research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. If the SARS2 virus had indeed escaped from research he funded, Dr. Daszak would be potentially culpable. This acute conflict of interest was not declared to the Lancet’s readers. To the contrary, the letter concluded, “We declare no competing interests.”

Daszak is connected to Fauci in the under the table promotion of the so called gain of function research. He may yet be Fauci's achilles heel. It also is a black mark against The Lancet, once considered the epitome of unbiased scientific and medical research.

There is a much longer and more technical section on the letter from Nature medcine from a group of Virologists. This was not a technical article, so did not provide any research, just opinion. Wade takes this to task for some poor scientific statements.

These two articles were widely quoted in the MSM as they collectively joined the conspiracy bandwagon. Wade points out that most large MSM orgs have science writers with science quals like himself, but they either did not ask, or chose to ignore the the obvious questions about this second letter.

It highlights the group think that has pervaded so many of our organisations, but what is worse, is the systematic and deliberate cancelling, bullying, ostracising and harrassing of any one who questions the consensus. Who cares if its right or wrong, its the consensus.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  Pendragon  

plastic
post Posted: May 28 2021, 07:42 PM
  Quote Post

Try the phone.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

henrietta
post Posted: May 28 2021, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 28 2021, 05:34 PM

Every which way I can on the net.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

plastic
post Posted: May 28 2021, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ May 21 2021, 06:54 PM

Which ways have you asked?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 28 2021, 05:27 PM
  Quote Post

Hey Mully, I sincerely hope you, your wife and daughter did not get the AZ vaccine. If you did, you may well have dodged a bullet...for now.

This poor girl did the right thing. Corporate employer demands it, employee abides, gotta pay for the mortgage and kids etc. Now she's dead.

As far as I know, Australia is still pushing the AZ vaccine.

What would you rather have, the vaccine or the disease?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-57267169

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 21 2021, 07:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ May 21 2021, 06:54 PM

Neither Jacinda nor Bloomfield have been vaccinated.

Now, don't you wonder why not?

I do.

She has said she could not live with her conscience if she jumped the queue ahead of those more deserving in the lower socio-economic zones or front line staff. Instead she will wait until the mass roll out starts in July. However, I have also read, vaccine supplies will be critically low at the end of June and the necessary infrastructure is well behind its build schedule.

Sounds like a good excuse.

Meanwhile, the most efficacious vaccine of them all, Novavax', is denied by the regulators and authorities because of political might.

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: May 21 2021, 06:54 PM
  Quote Post

Why can't I find out if the NZ PM has been covid vaccinated ? Doesn't matter how I ask, there's no answer.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

plastic
post Posted: May 21 2021, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 21 2021, 10:23 AM

To manufacture the Novavax vaccine to be specific.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: May 21 2021, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 21 2021, 08:01 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/lo...usly/ar-AAKdeIM

With concerns the rollout is stalling due to people's fears of blood clotting and adverse reactions to vaccines already available, the Federal Government has now put a callout for more companies to make an application to manufacture other vaccines on home soil.

==============

fear is something that is normal for every day people like us. i for one won't touch AZ with any poll....... weirdsmiley.gif

nipper
post Posted: May 21 2021, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

Australia has now administered vaccine doses equivalent to 12.5 per cent of the population, according to a note from NAB.

"The pace of the vaccine rollout is trending higher, with administered doses averaging 64,000 doses per day over the past week. In the past 24 hours, a record 95,500 vaccinations were administered."

NAB said those aged 50 years and older, some 8.7 million people, are driving the acceleration after they became eligible for the AstraZeneca vaccine from 03 May.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING