Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AGL, AUSTRALIAN GAS LIGHT COMPANY
blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 30 2019, 02:40 PM

Baby steps but what's the alternative? Spend circa $1 billion to keep Liddell running another few years. Build a new "clean" coal fired power plant, that will take circa 8 years to build ,at a cost of circa $3 billion. Not sure how long to go on Snowy 2, but I've read that's going to be massively over budget.

The Tesla battery in SA took 90 days , if I recall correctly, to build/ship/install/commision. It's also not a total solution but better than nothing I guess.

We should never have privatized our utilities, IMHO.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 30 2019, 01:24 PM

Liddell has 4 x 500MW steam driven turbo alternators = 2000 megawatts. So, its a start. But not huge, and not 24/7 replacement.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

'Dawn of battery age': AGL inks huge battery deal in time for Liddell exit

Four new large-scale batteries capable of powering tens of thousands of homes will be built in Australia after power giant AGL struck a deal to secure additional supply in time for the looming shutdown of its Liddell coal-fired generator.

Renewable energy firm Maoneng will develop the batteries in New South Wales, each with a capacity of 50 megawatts with a 100 megawatt-hour output, under a 15-year contract with AGL announced on Wednesday. Combined, the four batteries will store enough energy to power 30,000 households.

"This is the dawn of the battery age," AGL chief executive Brett Redman said. "And AGL is proud to lead the way."

read more - https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/d...030-p535mf.html
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 18 2019, 09:52 AM

I'd like to know what AGL found? ... their problem or within VOC

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 17 2019, 02:20 PM

nipper
can we have a nib for VOC or wait for it to drop another 25%??? unsure.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jun 17 2019, 02:20 PM
  Quote Post

And now ....
AGL Energy has abruptly scrapped its circa $3 billion pursuit of Vocus Group, advising it has ceased due diligence on the target and withdrawn its non-binding takeover bid, leaving investors pondering other avenues the utility may pursue to arrest an expected multi-year earnings decline.

AGL up 1.5%, while VOC the proverbial bride's nightie ... down 25%

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Jun 11 2019, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

Vocus Group said Tuesday it has received a non-binding takeover offer from Australian utility AGL, valuing it at about 3.02 billion Australian dollars.

AGL said it has offered $4.85 a share in cash.

Vocus (VOC) said its board has granted AGL due diligence access to its books for four weeks to allow it to potentially make a binding offer.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 9 2019, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

AGL Energy Limited has today completed an assessment of the extent and impact of an outage at Unit 2 at the Loy Yang A power station in the Latrobe Valley.

AGL now believes this outage may extend seven months and, as a result, have a material impact on its financial results in FY20.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 4 2019, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

Sad but true sadsmiley02.gif
Australia planning to import LNG: What's next? Coals to Newcastle?
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Australia is on the verge of becoming the biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas, with dozens of tankers a week carrying fuel to North Asia. It could also soon be importing LNG as supply sources in its southern states run out

ADVANTAGE TO AGL
AGL, Australia’s No.2 energy retailer, is the furthest ahead with its import plan. Pending a state environmental review, it expects to make a final investment decision by early 2020, targeting first imports in 2021.

read more - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-australi...e-idUSKCN1QK0PD
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 9 2018, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 9 2018, 02:22 PM

That should have read trebling "profit" - not "prices" - apologies. But the trebling profits are due to higher (?%) prices smile.gif

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING