Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

ALR, ABERDEEN LEADERS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 12 2020, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

There was a LIC called Wealth Defender Equities WDE, run by one of the bigger houses. It traded at a discount and nothing the directors did to get it up to NTA worked. Quite like the predicament for a few newer LICs. Buybacks, boosting their holdings, and that sort of thing.

WAM took it over, and what happened then? The premium that WAM had disappeared as the former holders sold out. Bye, and thanks for all the fish!

LIC trading is low key. They attract the buy and hold crowd.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Mags
post Posted: Sep 11 2020, 11:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mags's post @ Sep 9 2020, 10:45 PM

And here's the response from CLF:
CLF Response to WAM bid
I currently think this is the correct course. Anyone read into it differently?

Mags
post Posted: Sep 9 2020, 10:45 PM
  Quote Post

ALR was renamed Consolidated Leaders Fund: No thread for CLF exists????

It's now under an attempted take over by WAM.
Seems to be deceptive from WAM complaining of new 'poorly management': When the actual people involved have managed CLF for the last 2 1/2 years.
I suspect WAM is just asset stripping ie: Buying a stock with share price<NTA to generate 'growth'.
Thoughts?

Mags
post Posted: Feb 6 2018, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

The contract with Aberdeen s finishing up, and management will be internalized.

Also a name change looks to be coming up.

Mags
post Posted: May 13 2009, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

ALR has announced a share purchase plan for existing holders. A limit of $2500 is imposed.
A discount of 2.5% to the volume weighted average price over the 5 days before and including the closing date for the offer.

The current offer closed 29 May 2009.

Mags
post Posted: Apr 18 2008, 09:45 PM
  Quote Post

Charlie McRae has stepped down as director and Mark Daniels has stepped up to be director. Charlie has decided to return to the UK.

I've personally met both and congratulate Charlie on his performance and results over the years.

I congratulate Mark on the promotion and can say his methods are value investing orientated and very transparent and share holder orientated.

I expect ALR's performance to continue its strong peformance well above the benchmarks.

Featured Stock Stories

influxweb
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 03:19 PM
  Quote Post

ALR
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING