Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
gone fishin'
post Posted: Aug 25 2006, 06:15 AM
  Quote Post

caught the 1pm news on radio national thursday. the leader of the country party in the northern teritory mentioned an aussie laser enrichment program proposal at enriching uranium in the teritory before shipping o.s.
anyone else tune in?

saf
post Posted: Aug 23 2006, 10:37 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ejgee on Wednesday 23/08/06 04:47pm

The "experimental" reactor will be finished in 10 years. Nuclear fusion won't be commercial for decades, but hopefully we will get there eventually because, just as with fossil fuels, uranium is a finite resource.

Cheers
saf

ejgee
post Posted: Aug 23 2006, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Wednesday 23/08/06 03:33pm

SLX.Hi youall,has anyone considered the effect of nuclear "fusion"?
Japan has a large pilot plant under test,now China,see
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-06...tent_606707.htm
this will mean using water not Uranium.
There is also a european unit to go in about 10 yrs.
Food for thought??
regards ejgee

gulf
post Posted: Aug 23 2006, 03:33 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aad666 on Tuesday 22/08/06 04:27pm

look forward to the update,they have plenty to tell us !

aad666
post Posted: Aug 22 2006, 04:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Thursday 10/08/06 02:40pm

Can't knock their consistency according a response to my enquiry.

"We expect to release our preliminary financials (Appendix 4E) and our project update on September 12."

Sinner
post Posted: Aug 17 2006, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 17/08/06 10:37am

Hi again,
Yeah, different numbers are bandied about, but typically do not take into account recovering the U from spent fuel rods as the Yanks went for the wasteful use once, throw out approach which leaves ~95% of the initial U235 still in the rod (ie 5% down to 4.75% or so). Europe tends to recover the U in spent rods by SX, but we get back to the fear of isolating Pu etc.
Bottom line, if SLX is as good as we're led to believe, we can re-enrich spent fuel rods about 20 times over, so put that multiple into your projections for U supplies.
This issue was also mentioned in the Patrick Moore talk (Thu 15 June, under AMEC).
Cheers!

moosey
post Posted: Aug 17 2006, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Sinner on Thursday 17/08/06 10:59am

Thanks Sinner, it sounds very promising doesn't it, I did hear on the radio yesterday that they think there is enough uranium to supply the world with know resources for 100 years?not a real long time, but I am wondering if they are talking about the amount they recover now or is it taking into account how much the Silex system can recover, for I believe that would extend the resources somewhat if they haven't included it.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

Sinner
post Posted: Aug 17 2006, 10:59 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 17/08/06 08:04am

Hi Moosey,

You're 100% right. Check out the boardroom radio talk I mentioned a while back-AMEC conference, ~June 16, by Dr Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace and who is now pro-nuclear. He discussed nuclear plants going flat out 100% of the time, and the use this excess night-time capacity can be put to. Generation of hydrogen from water is best done using heat (not electrolysis) and nuclear plants are perfect for that use at non-peak times. He had a nice story that, at the moment, the Swedes(?) buy off-peak electricity from France at night, use it to push water up hills, which is then used to make hydro-electric power during the day which they sell to the Italians for a profit!

Hydrogen generation from nuclear reactors is the way of the future if the world can get its act together.
Although I haven't read them, I think it was Neo who posted a couple of good links hydrogen as an energy source.

Cheers!

lion hunter
post Posted: Aug 17 2006, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Nearly 40k slx shares Grant?! blink.gif That's what I like to see confidence lol.
Makes my 15k look light on. Of course I'd love to have even more, IF I'd bought at the right time that is.
As it stands I wait. But me thinks that something good this way comes.

Hi Moosey. Yeah it's mind boggling trying to keep up with all the possible pies SLX has a finger in.
Mmmmm Pie.

moosey
post Posted: Aug 17 2006, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: lion hunter on Thursday 17/08/06 08:32am

I am not sure whether Nuclear powerstations work the same with regard to peak loads? but I do know with Brown Coal fired Power stations that they are brought on line on as required for peak loads, I am wondering whether nuclear power stations run at full capacity all the time? the reason why I ask this is that it is well known that you cant store AC power, but if for instance you supplied your peak loads, and then after they dissipate somewhat any excess power could be used for making Hydrogen, this would be one way of actually storing power albiet in a different form but still energy would be stored none the less? and Hydrogen is the NEXT fuel to be used large scale in vehicles I believe, you would also have the added benifit of reducing green house gasses from vehicles as well, so it would be a win win situation.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING