Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

261 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLS, TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 9 2020, 09:44 AM

not sure how long that defence is going to hold, eb ... this will cannibalise the most lucrative bits. A thousand cuts...

NBN Co will slash wholesale enterprise broadband prices and invest $700 million over the next three years, as it ramps up its bid to challenge Telstra as the dominant wholesale business broadband provider.The announcement, a taster of the latest corporate plan to be released on Wednesday, will make its CBD prices available to 700,000 suburban and regional businesses.....

Under this plan, NBN Co will build fibre optic cable out to a business premises free of charge, and then provide its enterprise ethernet plan. All this must be done through a retailer, meaning NBN Co will rely on major providers such as Telstra, Optus and TPG getting on board.
One industry source said most providers apart from Telstra were likely to welcome the move, as it would break the TLS stranglehold on the sector.

Business telco provider Macquarie Telecom welcomed the announcement, calling it a complete turnaround from the detrimental journey tier one telcos had us on before the NBN was introduced and executed. Crucially, the availability of point to point fibre on demand to 85 regional zones will bring greater competition to regional Australia and be the final nail in the coffin for tier ones underserving and overcharging regional businesses that have not had choice of provider, group executive Luke Clifton said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Sep 9 2020, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

market is down, but TLS is showing bit of "defence" nature .

my prediction is wrong as it went to low of 2.82ish. i still think it is good place to park the cash.

i'm biased , as i hold some stakes of TLS !!

nipper
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 26 2020, 10:17 AM

patience is a virtue, Mick biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 10:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 26 2020, 10:17 AM

yeah Mick
i kinda remember you said want buy it at 2.97 before.
glad to see you follow through your plan. good job { to me at least]

funny that discounted franking credit for the x--divy. a good sign of support for this old dog!!

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 26 2020, 10:08 AM

Picked up some at 2.97 on the open.
Happy to sit back and hold for long term storage.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 24 2020, 10:04 AM

x--divy day today.

8 cps ff. see how low it can go for next two weeks?? unsure.gif

estermate 13 cps ff for next financial year.

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Aug 24 2020, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

seems i over estermate the price before x--divy. tomorrow is the last date to hold divy.

it's bit hard to guess the the down side level after x--divy. still think of 2.88, but not with the confident that i have weeks before. unsure.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 17 2020, 03:51 PM

think about most of major CFD's providers charge yearly interest around 2.6%, people can borrow big mount of money and interest been covered and plus over 1% incomes.
that is based on TLS price hover around this level for year or two! [[ i think it will get this level few times within two years]

hope it helps to anyone already in this old dog like me!! tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 17 2020, 03:36 PM

meantime it is trading 3.06 to 3.07 nearly all day. I wonder which side is going to blink?

with 3.065s going through as well, the one minute chart is like a set of Bar Codes

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 03:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 17 2020, 03:36 PM

You are being unfair EB,
I hat ALL the big Commercial Banks, including Australia's darlings.
Hoping TLS will go below 3 bucks.
Have had some buys in at around 2.97 for a while, they are slowly getting closer/
And yes, thinking of a long term place to park some cash.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

261 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING