Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

ALI, ARGO GLOBAL LISTED INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED
Mags
post Posted: Sep 15 2020, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 15 2020, 09:57 AM

Thanks mate: I often miss these things (mailing address isn't my residence, and I hate email).
Given the entire global out look, and the crazy central bank interventions: Owning more infrastructure has to be one of the smarter moves.
***I'm a buy and hold guy, not a quick buck trader type***
If you're looking for instant profits, I wouldn't know where to look.

nipper
post Posted: Sep 15 2020, 09:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 6 2020, 03:35 PM

as telegraphed
Offering SPP for up to $30,000 of ALI shares; open from 18 Sept and close on 09 Oct.

Price will be the LOWER of:
$2.07 per new share (maximum price), which is a 2% discount to the volume weighted average price of ALI shares traded on the ASX on the Ex-dividend date; OR
the volume weighted average price of ALI shares traded on the ASX over the last 3 days of the SPP Offer period (6 October to 8 October 2020 inclusive), rounded down to the nearest cent.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 6 2020, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 31 2020, 08:39 AM

We maintain a cautious economic outlook and expect global activity resumption will remain under pressure until a coronavirus vaccine is widely available. Accordingly, the Argo Infrastructure portfolio is modestly defensively positioned with a focus on companies with the balance sheet strength and liquidity to endure a potentially protracted downturn. The portfolio is overweight communications, with the sector remaining the least financially impacted by the global pandemic and an ongoing beneficiary of the remote user trend.

Longer term trends point to an optimistic outlook for global listed infrastructure. Compelling structural drivers, including supportive demographic trends, historic underinvestment and accelerated government expenditure on renewable energy, bode well for the asset class. With a strong balance sheet and no debt, Argo Infrastructure is well‐positioned to capitalise on these prevailing conditions

also ..
Argo Infrastructure is considering offering a Share Purchase Plan to its shareholders in the near future.

An announcement will be made to the ASX when the details are finalised.
..... probably around when it goes ex dividend on 11 Sep or at least by payment date 02 Oct.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 31 2020, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

ALI today announces an increased fully franked final dividend of 4.5 cents per share. The Company reports a full year accounting loss of $9.3 million as a result of the downward revaluation of the investment portfolio to market value at 30 June 2020.

SUMMARY OF FINANCIAL RESULTS .....2020 ......... 2019
Profit/(Loss)* ............................ 2020 .. ($9.3 million); 2019 ........... $44.9 million
Final dividend per share (ff) ............ 2020 .. 4.5 cents ; 2019 .............. 4.0 cents
Net tangible asset (NTA) backing per share.......2020 ... $2.27 ; 2019 ..... $2.50
Shareholders ..................................2020 ... 9,495 ; 20119 ................. 9,206

COVID‐19 IMPACTS ON INFRASTRUCTURE
Global listed infrastructure was not spared the effects of the global pandemic and induced downturn delivering a total return of ‐6.2%. However, within the asset class performance varied considerably, as some sectors were impacted by social distancing measures more than others.
Transportation related sectors fell sharply in response to travel restrictions and reduced trade, with airports, marine ports, toll roads and to a lesser extent, railways, all declining.
Midstream energy stocks also fell, hit by the combination of supply and demand shocks in energy markets during the second half.

In stark contrast, the communications sector (towers and data centres) advanced strongly as working and learning from home drove a surge in data usage.
Water and electric utilities also outperformed, with their essential service nature translating into stable cashflows.

INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE
During an extremely volatile and challenging period for investment markets, the portfolio delivered a total return of ‐2.9% for the 12 months to 30 June 2020, well ahead of the benchmark which fell ‐6.2%. The portfolio also outperformed Australian shares (‐7.7%), underscoring the global diversification benefits offered by Argo Infrastructure.

Importantly, at the height of the volatility in global equity markets, Argo Infrastructure demonstrated resilience in a crisis. During the March quarter when Australian shares plummeted ‐23.1%, ALI's portfolio return fell by just ‐6.5%, assisted by a sharp drop in the Australian dollar and outperformance by the portfolio manager, Cohen & Steers.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 14 2020, 02:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 17 2020, 09:07 AM

no-one is immune
Due to the unique nature of this external market shock, global infrastructure stocks proved less defensive than might be expected and modestly underperformed broader equity markets.

With transportation-related businesses particularly vulnerable to the effects of severe travel restrictions and reduced economic activity, airport stocks plunged -29.2% and toll roads fell -24.5%. Midstream energy stocks also tumbled -26.8% as the unparalleled collapse in global oil demand coincided with OPEC oversupply issues. However, roughly two thirds of infrastructure sectors are less-economically reactive with communications tower companies holding up much better in a relative sense, as did water, gas and electricity utilities.

In March, while the Australian share market fell -20.7%, Argo Infrastructure’s portfolio returned -8.5%, ahead of the benchmark Index (down -11.0%) with positions in communications towers, data centers and water utilities contributing to performance.

NTA is $2.35 at end-March, so ALI is trading well below at $2.01 ..... (Of course, the rights issue was pulled)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 17 2020, 09:07 AM
  Quote Post

For the half-year to 31 December 2019, the portfolio delivered a total return of +6.5%, more than double the +3.1% delivered by the Australian equity market.

Argo Infrastructure’s share price has also performed very strongly, returning +32.5% over the 2019 calendar year, which significantly improved the share price discount to NTA from -15.7% to -7.8%. The discount has narrowed further since then and the share price recently achieved a record high of $2.68.

And an increased dividend, to 3c FF a share.

Also announced a 1:6 entitlement issue at $2.25, for those being on the books 20 Feb.
OUTLOOK POSITIVE

We expect modest economic growth to continue in 2020, supported by accommodative monetary policy around the world.

Argo Infrastructure has made a bright start to the new calendar year, with the portfolio rising strongly along with broader global equity markets for most of January. Pleasingly, when most markets dropped suddenly at the end of the month due to growing coronavirus concerns, infrastructure again held up well, finishing the month up +7.3% and outperforming global equities which rose 4.4% in A$ terms.

This resilience may be an important attribute in the shorter term, with many global indices trading around record highs despite the potential for volatility due to coronavirus developments, Brexit implementation and US-China trade deals.

Looking further into the future, it is interesting to note the increasing exposure to renewable energy assets in the portfolio. Often this occurs through holdings in integrated energy companies such as NextEra Energy, which is currently the Company’s biggest holding. NextEra uses strong and reliable cashflows from its high-quality utility operations (Florida Power & Light) to help fund its investment in renewables, and is now the largest operator of solar and wind power generation assets in the US.

- am enjoying the ride. Infrastructure = getting rich slowly

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Aug 26 2019, 04:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 26 2019, 04:09 PM

Up on a down day 👍. And reciprocal thanks for banging on about Gold. Also up today 👏 🤑.

In got we trust

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 26 2019, 04:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 26 2019, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the original; headsup, bought at 2.15, so happy so far.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 26 2019, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

Argo Global Listed Infrastructure Limited (ASX code: ALI) today announces a record full year profit of $44.9 million. The final dividend has been increased to 4.0 cents per share fully franked.

For the year to 30 June 2019, the portfolio delivered a total return of +22.7%, exceeding the benchmark return (and delivering almost twice the return of the Australian equity market which rose by +11.5%).

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 5 2019, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

During the June quarter, global infrastructure stocks also delivered strong returns, increasing +5.6% in A$ terms and outpacing both broader global and local share markets for the third consecutive quarter. The best performing infrastructure subsectors were those which are more sensitive to economic conditions, such as railways and airports.

Over the 12-month period to 30 June 2019, global infrastructure stocks displayed their resilience amid volatility and outperformed broader equities, posting a +21.6% gain. The performance of the asset class during volatile market conditions demonstrates that in a falling market, global listed infrastructure shares tend to fall by less than broader equities (downside protection) and, in a rising market, can increase with broader equity markets (upside capture).

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING