Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 >   

Reply to this topic

SVL, SILVER MINES LIMITED
crystal
post Posted: Oct 9 2010, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 23 2010, 12:25 PM

opportunity for an entry on the pullback unsure.gif 20/205 maybe ? dont hold but watching wacko.gif

mick

Attached Image

arty
post Posted: Sep 23 2010, 12:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 16 2010, 04:57 PM

One week on, and I have added a few on Intraday dips.
So far, about half-way into today's session, the volume suggests growing buy interest (not surprising, given the pos above $21).
MACD appears set to break the shackles of that Bearish Divergence line.
Happy to hold.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 04:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: staole70's post @ Sep 10 2010, 06:24 PM

Hi Staole, welcome as a fellow ShareScener and a SVL holder smile.gif

From memory, SVL traded above 8c for the last 5 months, but if you got on board in April, it would have been a gutsy move.
As regards your expectation of a 30c target - not impossible, and if you're comfortable waiting for a 4-bagger: Go for it!

As you declared yourself a newbie, I hope you don't mind a pointer towards some light reading on chart patterns and target projections.
One of my favourites is the Leavitt Brothers website. Click here for an example of ascending triangles, which can be quite Bullish.
A conservative extimate rule takes the height of the triangle - in SVL's case just about the first candle - and doubes it.
That's 13.5c to 17c, doubled to 20.5c.

Attached Image

As I said earlier, I didn't take notice of SVL when the best (recent) entry presented itself (around 11c) because I look for stocks that have a daily turnover of about $500K or more. The retracement back from 17c satisfied both my criteria, so I bought and averaged up to about 17c. I am also happy to hold as long as it moves up. Just because we bought at different levels, doesn't mean we have to take profit earlier or later. The Market doesn't know us, nor does it care where we bought.

Today's candle would give me a clue that a retracement back to 17c might be happening (see this LB page), but that is only a low-to-moderate probability. Therefore, I'll be watching tomorrow's trading action.
  • If it opens below 18c and is sold down, I'll take profit.
  • If it opens low and finds support, I'll hold, possibly even average up.
  • If it doesn't hold the breakout level of 17c, I sell - and watch where support may offer a lower re-entry.
True: it's hard to go broke when one takes profit - provided there is always a profitable exit. Usually, Traders have to accept losses as well; that makes it far more worthwhile to let a profitable trade run "...as long as it takes..."

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: staole70's post @ Sep 16 2010, 03:36 PM

S: If I may make a comment, and please understand, this IS NOT ADVICE since I dont have a licence:

As a newcomer sitting on profits of over 100% I would just remind you that nobody ever went broke taking any profit, let alone one of over 100%. Im sure we have all sold at a profit only to see your just sold share rise, but I have to tell you probably a greater quantity kick themselves for NOT taking that hefty profit as the wheels fall off your still held stock.

EXM: again as a newcomer I would stick to proven producers, just to get a feel of things, penny dreadfulls are just that--IMO.
(especially in the gold sector which is very volatile)

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

staole70
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Sep 16 2010, 03:08 PM

HI FLOWER. THINKING AT 30 CENTS i might jump. I ALSO BOUGHT exm OUCH, learning curve.

flower
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: staole70's post @ Sep 10 2010, 06:24 PM

Hi Staole---if you bought it at 7.8c youve nearly tripled your money which is fantastic--so do you mean double from here or double from 3 months ago?

Generally it seems ironical we have only one silver stock given the fact that silver has broken out, and this seems an ideal trading stock for these reasons:

1.It tracks the spot price of sillver in USD's--so silver breaking out of USD20 has to be good for SLV

2. It is an explorer which in these conditions may be better than a producer, though the risks are far higher as one operates announcement to announcement, but we are in boom times for PM's so thats all good news.

3. With only 94m shares on issue its tightly held--good

4. Only listed in Jan 08--hasnt had time to blot its copybook yet

5. Just big enough to get set in reasonable quantity.

6. Silver grades to ore seem good

7. 2010 Q3 report due by October 31st

8. UPDATED RESOURCE DUE SOON!

On my watch list----ideally like to see it 3 cents lower for an entry.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Featured Stock Stories

arty
post Posted: Sep 16 2010, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jbmurc's post @ Sep 7 2010, 02:51 PM

Well, I relented and paid up; started buying on Tuesday (16c) and added this morning for an averaged-up cost base of 17c.
As the options (SVLO, 12c May 2011) trade at a premium, the Market seems to factor in more upside over the next 5-6 months.

Attached Image

--------------------

staole70
post Posted: Sep 10 2010, 06:24 PM
  Quote Post

i am A VIRGIN WHEN IT COMES TO SHARE MARKET > MY FIRST SVL AT 7.8 cents 3 months ago. IS THIS GOOD. SET TO DOUBLE SOON or

jbmurc
post Posted: Sep 7 2010, 02:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 7 2010, 01:11 PM

If you confindent Silver will rise SVL looks to be sitting on quite the mountain of high-grade Silver
I think SVL will re-rate even higher over the short term 25-30c before the years out on a 24-25oz silver price

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 7 2010, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

Pity I missed this one; will it give us a second chance?
At this stage, with volume declining again and MACD decidedly Bearish (see divergence), I'm reluctant to pay more than 14.5/15c.
But definitely putting it on watchlist. (Thanks Mick)

Attached Image

--------------------

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING