Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TAM, TANAMI GOLD NL
Duster
post Posted: Feb 17 2014, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 24 2013, 06:29 PM

Doubtfull in todays market whether any of their assets would interest anybody for the time being

They're interested today !

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

flower
post Posted: Apr 24 2013, 06:29 PM
  Quote Post

Goldman Sachs calculates that the true cost of production at their Coyote mine was about $A2440 during the December Q against a basic cost as used by TAM of $A1220.

It's this true cost of production difference between what a company may say and the actuals that is getting many punters unstuck. Answer is to stick to high grade, genuinely low and proveably low true cost of production ASX stocks of which there are few, however the good ones stick out like sore thumbs over the not so good by just comparing their charts and quarterly profitability--IMO

Doubtfull in todays market whether any of their assets would interest anybody for the time being.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

triage
post Posted: Apr 23 2013, 06:32 PM
  Quote Post

Likely this ABC article is not telling those that follow Tanami (TAM) anything that they don't already know...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-23/wa-m...e-slump/4646658

...but you know things are crook in the sector when even auntie picks up as newsworthy how tough things have become.

I kicked the tyres on TAM a long time ago but for one reason or another I never went further with it so I am not really au fait with its current strengths and weaknesses. However after a quick squiz at recent announcements I would imagine some holders would be feeling very bitter right about now.

From what I can gather the company just finished raising capital from the punters, they also came out with some very sunny announcements about their exploration prospects, suggesting better days ahead and then today they announce that they will put their existing mine into care and maintenance and effectively put on hold the development process for their next big hope. Of course they were not to know for certain that the gold price was about to go over the biggest waterfall in three decades but still such a sudden change of fortunes must really sting holders of TAM.

As was pointed out elsewhere the only silver lining might be that the cap raising means that the company only goes into hibernation until prices go up or costs go down rather than ceasing to operate altogether. I guess however the more prospective assets held by Tanami may now become tempting at scavenger prices to those goldies that are still cashed up and operating (??).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

veeone
post Posted: Jul 15 2010, 06:45 PM
  Quote Post

Tanami tumbles despite raising news

Thursday, 15 July 2010

INVESTORS have frowned on Tanami Gold in morning trade despite the gold producer unveiling plans to raise $A63.7 million from fully underwritten entitlements issue. The money will be used to pay back $42 million in debt and accelerate development of its Central Tanami project.

The underwriter is Tanami Gold’s major shareholder Allied Properties Resources.
Tanami Gold also has negotiated an in-principle funding arrangement with Hong Kong-based AP Finance, an Allied Properties Resources subsidiary, to provide a $40 million loan facility. These funds will provide the remainder of the development capital necessary to bring the Central Tanami on line as its second production centre.
Despite the news, shares in the company were down 19.51% in morning trade to 3.3c.
Tanami Gold said the terms of the funding facility with AP Finance would be agreed and finalised if and when it was required, however, current prefeasibility development and pre-production costs had estimated costs of about $40 million.
This could be refined following completion of a final feasibility study, expected over the next few months.
Tanami Gold also proposes to undertake a one-for-30 consolidation of its issued capital following completion of the entitlements issue, This would leave it with 260 million shares on issue.
The pro-rata renounceable six-for-five entitlements issue is priced at 1.5 cents a share. It will be used to pay back a $37 million loan from AP Finance and a $5 million loan from Eurogold.
Once finalised, Tanami Gold will emerge with no debt and no hedging and well placed to meet its target of producing 200,000 ounces per annum within two years from two operational centres located 90 kilometres apart.
It has been a busy 12 months for the company, culminating in its best ever annual gold production since mining began at its Western Tanami Operations. It also has made discoveries and ore extensions at both the Coyote underground and Bald Hill open pit operations.
Late last year the company entered into a strategic exploration alliance with ABM. That resulted in Tanami Gold transferring its Northern Territory exploration tenements into ABM for a 21.57% equity position in the junior, 300 million ABM options, $1 million in cash and a position on the board.
More recently, it was the successful bidder for the $22 million Central Tanami project from Newmont Asia Pacific, which had an existing JORC compliant resource of 516,000oz and a 1.2Mtpa Central Tanami treatment plant.
Tanami Gold quickly identified four priority areas with potential for early production and resources, including the Carbine deposit, Gallifrey, Pendragon West and Pendragon East and grew the resource to 11.67Mt grading 2.81gpt for a contained 1.06Moz.
It then kicked off the largest drilling program in its history early last month with four rigs contracted and plans to increase this to eight within the next two months, in parallel with scoping study work.
Drilling is designed to further grow the resource at both the Western and Central Tanami project, test a number of deep conceptual targets and underpin its core objective of achieving production of 200,000ozpa by the end of 2011.
Shares in Tanami were down 19.51% in morning trade to 3.3c.

www.miningnews.net/storyview.asp?storyid=1036150&sectionsource=s0

wilko
post Posted: Mar 6 2010, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

Im out last week, a potential H & S forming will fall if it closes below 5

Good Luck to All

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 1 2009, 08:31 PM
  Quote Post

INMHO TAM will only ever be good for short term trading.
I rode TAM all the way up to 35 cents and eventually sold out at 18. It is now barely 07.
In May 2006, they expected to produce their first gold production by June 2006. They expected an initial production of 60,000 oz in stage 1.
First gold por did not occuur till August 2006, and it was only in the September 09 quarter that they achieved the 12,000 oz target - about 3 years late. In the meantime they have had placements at 25 cents, two lots at 20c, and finally , the big mutha of 2.5 BILLION shares at 0.05cents. Aned of course there was the aborted merger with Monarch gold, the ligitgation with BEMAX over the original failed CIP plant - and so the list goes on.
With over 3.5 BILLION shares on issue, it's pretty hard to see them ever paying a dividend!!
And even if they do manage to keep being cash flow positive, EPS will be miniscule.
So what is there to provide a growth path for this stock??
No much I'm afraid. There are better goldies than this one.
Notwithstanding that, I always have a buy order in around the 0.06 mark, with the corresponding sell at 0.072.
I have managed that trade a few times, so as i said, it's a trader and that's it for me.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: goann  

grommit
post Posted: Nov 27 2009, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nash's post @ Oct 7 2009, 10:42 AM

NASH...I thought our little goldie might go up today...hmmmm...need to see some momentum with this little gem...yawn yawn...tempted to sell this morning ...but ill hang on...you still in?

Zia
post Posted: Nov 11 2009, 10:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: grommit's post @ Nov 11 2009, 01:04 PM

Good question grommit, might have something to do with the fact that this stock has had a stellar rise and was probably overpriced in the .07s, will need a very good announcement confirming even richer veins to get this back there.

Totally in the realm of possibility judging by Graeme Sloan's last BRR interview, very ambitious in terms of production and further exploration.

I like this stock, has a good future ahead of it.

Cheers

--------------------
All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

grommit
post Posted: Nov 11 2009, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

OK...who can tell me WHY ..TAM is NOT going up?? any schollars graduated.gif /vissionaries tongue.gif /tea-cozy-wearing crystal-ball-gazers blink.gif offer some insight...I wanna put money elsewhere...but I know as soon as I SELL...this blasted stock will go up! Im confident of that!! lol angry.gif

grommit
post Posted: Nov 10 2009, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

A pretty good ann and the SP goes down! sadsmiley02.gif ...most goldies up and this one lags...grrrrr...cmon TAM! get a rocket up ya! tongue.gif

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING