Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

IRI, INTEGRATED RESEARCH LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 30 2020, 10:05 PM
  Quote Post

Another profit downgrade from IRI.
I guess you can blame anything on COVID, but I think they have done their dash.
The market will dump them.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jan 18 2017, 08:38 AM
  Quote Post

Integrated Research announced that it is in the early stages of preparing its half year financial statements for the six months ending 31 December 2016. Based on internal management accounts and subject to audit review, the Company anticipates consolidated revenue of between $42.3m to $44.0m compared to $39
oh well, sold (way) too early. But then, I didn't really understand the biz / was ever fearful of it being eclipsed by a more agile competitor / rendered obsolete by V2.0 from elsewhwere

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 8 2015, 07:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doc-gt's post @ Jan 8 2015, 06:22 AM

sold mine last Sept - always the same ol' story. Gee, we didn't quite make the projections, but sure we'll have a much stronger second half .. or similar.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

doc-gt
post Posted: Jan 8 2015, 06:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doc-gt's post @ Jan 10 2014, 07:33 AM

Looks like IRI is back on track with NPAT for the half year projected to be up between 57% and 71% compared to the pcp

Groundhog day? 1 year on and the same comment could be made. Even the projected percentage increase in NPAT compared to pcp for the half year just gone is remarkably similar - between 55% and 77% (compared to 57% and 71% for pcp).

doc-gt
post Posted: Jan 10 2014, 07:33 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like IRI is back on track with NPAT for the half year projected to be up between 57% and 71% compared to the pcp

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140109/pdf/42m1t84rymf3hr.pdf

doc-gt
post Posted: Oct 21 2013, 01:14 PM
  Quote Post

A fantastic endorsement of Prognosis from a new client: http://www.ir.com/2013_news_items/latest_n...page__3012.aspx

blatme
post Posted: May 3 2013, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doc-gt's post @ Apr 4 2013, 11:15 AM

I think doc-gt re-buying IRI around 92 cents was a smart move. Though I hope it heads back there so I too can get some. Lower highs, lower lows still playing out.
As for delayed major licences, that's a load of hogwash. IRI doesn't do any contract that meaningful, lots of small one and a few bigger ones. S/W companies always have stuff in the pipeline. Any period they won't close some, so bad excuse.

nipper
post Posted: Apr 4 2013, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doc-gt's post @ Apr 4 2013, 11:15 AM

when IRI had their profit update in Jan, the SP was around $1.55 and the market cap was $260mill
Based on internal management accounts and subject to audit review, the Company anticipates profit after tax to be in the range of $2.5 million to $2.9 million.

The first half results were impacted by the delay of a few major license sales. As a consequence, first half revenue is down 3% compared to the previous corresponding period

To me the Q is: will those delayed sales flow through? Growth stories that disappoint get hammered as PEs compress

--------------------

doc-gt
post Posted: Apr 4 2013, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

After quite a few months on the sidelines, the SP for IRI has finally drifted back to what I consider to be acceptable "buy" territory and I've put together a new stake at 92 cents. The trailing PE at 92 cents is a tick over 17 and a forward PE based on a repeat of last year's growth in earnings is around 14. I'll be happy to accumulate on any further SP dips.

cheers
doc-gt

doc-gt
post Posted: Jan 8 2013, 07:00 AM
  Quote Post

Hmmm .... IRI's first half profit guidance is out at $2.5m to $2.9m (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130107/pdf/42c9ysmwtbglmj.pdf). That's a profit decline of 20% to 30% compared to the pcp of $3.6m. The rider is that first half profits were impacted by the timing of major licence sales and that management expect that full year profits will still increase. Nevertheless, profit will need to increase by an extraordinary amount in the second half to go anywhere near justifying a trailing PE of 28.7 as of yesterday's closing price of $1.54 per share.

I'll be interested to see what the market thinks, because, even though I think it is currently way overvalued and do not currently hold, I retain the view that it's a cracker of a company, in a good space, with sound growth prospects.

cheers
doc-gt

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING