Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

51 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Coffee
Varmi
post Posted: Nov 30 2012, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

Vintage Coffee Advertising from 1652

Don't know if this has been around before, but I thought it was pretty damn cool.

http://vintage-ads.livejournal.com/3607660.html

Is there anything it can't do? Must have been some incredible heirloom coffee varieties back in the day!

--------------------
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Sylvester
post Posted: Jun 19 2009, 05:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jun 9 2009, 08:09 AM

Remember travelling through Mareeba about 10 years ago and seeing advertisements re coffee, also somewhere up there ads re Nerada tea plantation, i reside in WA and was visiting family in Mt Isa. Yes enjoyed the tour of North Queensland. Cheers Sylvester

henrietta
post Posted: Jun 9 2009, 08:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Sylvester's post @ Jun 9 2009, 07:38 AM

Yes it is. The Atherton Tableland inland from Cairns has heaps. Northern NSW also has coffee growing. Probably other places as well.

We buy from Jaques, Mareeba, Atherton Tableland ...... very good.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Sylvester
post Posted: Jun 9 2009, 07:38 AM
  Quote Post

Is coffee grown in Australia?

arty
post Posted: Dec 14 2008, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: henrietta on Sunday 14/12/08 09:36am

Should be OK - as long as there's crap-on your lamingtons and you "don't expect a sensible response!!" laughingsmiley.gif blink.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 14 2008, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

Pardon me,

Is this where I talk about lamingtons ??

laughingsmiley.gif

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

chiller
post Posted: Dec 14 2008, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

Hey arty,

Anyone can post whatever they want mate. smile.gif And of course you can post stuff on coffee futures if you like, just don't expect a sensible response!! lmaosmiley.gif wink.gif

All the best,

Cheers Charles

--------------------
Temporary insanity only

arty
post Posted: Dec 14 2008, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (chiller @ Saturday 13/12/08 10:22pm)

Ahh - Ha! weirdsmiley.gif
My mistake - someone PM-ed me and asked about coffee futures, and this line came up when I searched for coffee. My mistake. Sorr-Ree ph34r.gif

Just ignore my buttinski then - or take it as crapping-on about coffee futures, which it is by now anyway, seeing that future is already the past biggrin.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

chiller
post Posted: Dec 13 2008, 11:22 PM
  Quote Post

Hi arty,

This topic is in off topic chat. Go back to the first post and you will discover that the purpose of this topic is simply to crap on about stuff. laughingsmiley.gif It is not an investment topic. ohmy.gif tongue.gif

Cheers Charles

--------------------
Temporary insanity only

BSA
post Posted: Dec 13 2008, 10:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: arty on Saturday 13/12/08 06:16pm

I believe he drinks coffee...

--------------------

51 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING