Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSD, CONSOLIDATED TIN MINES LIMITED
mcart117
post Posted: Feb 10 2014, 08:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 10 2014, 08:10 AM

Cheers Arty. I held, watched it go to 10, held, and watched it dribble away again - TWICE.

That's greed for you.

Have a good holiday! smile.gif

arty
post Posted: Feb 10 2014, 08:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Feb 9 2014, 04:59 PM

Thanks MC; but I think you give me too much credit.
It was last October, at the time when CSD hovered around 7c, that I gave it a chance to get back to 4.9c.
Had I held into November, I could have participated in a 50% profit, albeit difficult to ascertain at the time.

Attached Image

However, the Double Top in November did play out "by the book", finishing last week bang on 200% of the range:

Attached Image

PS: I hadn't looked at CSD for a long time, but kept the alert for a break back below 5.5c. That alert did fire last Wednesday, but I didn't buy because I'm currently pulling out of the Market so I can go on holidays without that nagging "what if?" concern.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

mcart117
post Posted: Feb 9 2014, 04:59 PM
  Quote Post

I have to say Arty was completely right on this and I was completely wrong. Arty said in a post it could go back to 5, and guess what, last week it went back to 5.1. I, on the other hand, firmly believed that the trend set in October would flow through to the teens and above. Right now the trend on the daily chart seems to be in the opposite direction!

I still believe there is an upside to this, but the progress is slower than I had hoped. Indonesia has been doing a great job of disrupting the tin market, to the benefit of all producers, but how long will the disruption continue? It would be sad if this one started producing tin just in time for another price slump! unsure.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

mme
post Posted: Nov 22 2013, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 12 2013, 02:14 PM

Into the half cent increments now. Let's hope it continues on! biggrin.gif

arty
post Posted: Nov 12 2013, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 8 2013, 08:23 AM

in spite of the recent presentation, Technicals prevail and a sell-off ensues.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Nov 8 2013, 08:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Nov 7 2013, 12:02 PM

And the ASX has taken notice: "Please explain?"
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01463507

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Nov 7 2013, 07:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Nov 7 2013, 12:02 PM

Still stick by my Oct 23 and yes heaps more to come imo!! biggrin.gif

mcart117
post Posted: Nov 7 2013, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

Trading at 10c today. Thank you Mr Market!

mcart117
post Posted: Oct 29 2013, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Oct 27 2013, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the post Mista. It's all interesting stuff.

And for the time being this one has gone pretty quiet. Maybe the game players are over on GGG or back on DML. Who knows? I guess we have to take each day as it comes.

Trading is a bit like psychology. There's no way you can get inside someone else's mind, so the psychologist has to record what he sees and do the best he can to make sense of it. Similarly, there is no way to know the intentions of other traders. You just have to observe, and do the best you can with whatever happens. wacko.gif

mistagear
post Posted: Oct 27 2013, 08:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 26 2013, 06:04 PM

It's impossible to tell the intent behind an XT crossng, you'll go mad trying.
A Broker may be buying or selling on behalf of a large client, during the process (which the client may have agreed to pay VWAP on the day) the broker may be buying/selling on market into his holding account and then at various times throughout the day, XT into/out of the clients account.
This makes it possible to appear double the volume if, that is seen as advantage to either client or broker. Broker may also find profit in crossing at a price which affects the VWAP yet is different to price he paid on mkt, and will ultimately charge the client.
There are SO many variations and possibilities open to a broker which makes it impossible to deduce any single intent when you examine an XT cross, even if you look at all the XT's in a day's trading, you still can not tell what is happening because there could be multiple intentions at play between the broker and his client.
Makes used car salesmen seem almost saintly, ehh

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING