Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TESLA, The Ambitions of Musk
Nopoo
post Posted: Yesterday, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 31 2020, 09:17 PM

BLOOMBERG - China Buys More Electric Vehicles Than Any Other Country, and Most Sales occur in Big Cites such as Beijing and Shanghai. EV buyers there can afford to spend 300,000 yuan ($43,000) on a Sedan like the Tesla Model 3.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/202...t-afford-teslas

ďEnd to End EV SolutionsĒ - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept

https://investors.ideanomics.com/2020-06-10...-EV-Taxi-Orders

--------------------
Nopoo

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 31 2020, 09:17 PM
  Quote Post

Tesla may have a few problems, but its enigmatic Leader waging war against Bill Gates is one they probably don't need.
it seems that Gates bought an Electric car, but not a tesla. He bought a Porsche.
The tooing and froing is Here

Now to top it off, Hummer have released an all Electric Hummer. I bet Terminator (aka Arnie Schwarznegger) will be rapt.
From Zero hedge
GMC is set to unveil the first-ever all-electric High Utility Maximum Mobility Easy Rider, otherwise known as Hummer, this fall.
"The First-Ever GMC HUMMER EV has zero limits, and our open-air design provides powerful proof. For the unique open-air experience, easily remove the four roof panels and front T-bar to let the world in. We'll continue to keep you informed as we prepare to show the world our revolutionary all-electric, zero emissions, zero limits super truck," GMC's website said. GMC makes some very impressive claims, first, it says the new electric Hummer will have 1,000 horsepower, able to rocket the vehicle from 0-60 mph in 3 seconds. Now, wow, that's supercar fast, if true... A press release by GMC said the "all-electric super truck" would be unveiled to the public this fall and "will begin production in fall 2021."

"GMC announced today that its all-electric super truck will debut later this fall and will begin production in fall 2021. Details about the GMC HUMMER EVís remarkable on- and off-road capabilities will be shared closer to its reveal," the release said.

Not much is known about the design, but here are some behind-the-scenes shots of what the unfinished all-electric Hummer looks like.

If the figures are correct, it will outperform a Tesla Model 3.
So, a company that has a petty good record at producing cars, has a large dealer network in place, has a few spare factories to build cars, has put in a lot of work into logistics, customer service, spare parts etc may be a bit of a challenge to Elon and tesla.

The only part thats missing is how I can tie this into Ideanomics.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 30 2020, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nopoo's post @ Jul 30 2020, 03:09 PM

uselessman strikes again

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Nopoo
post Posted: Jul 30 2020, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 29 2020, 02:06 PM

Tesla's China Revenue Soars in Q2

Tesla reported revenue of $1.4 billion in China in the second quarter, soaring 102.9 percent year-on-year and accounting for 23.19 percent of the total.

During the first six months, Tesla reported $2.3 billion in revenues in China, accounting for 19.13 percent of the total $12.02 billion.

Tesla delivered 31,000 electric vehicles to China-based customers in the second quarter, accounting for one-third of its global sales, according to the China Passenger Car Association.

http://www.china.org.cn/business/2020-07/2...nt_76324598.htm

Nasdaq:IDEX -
The EV Revolution - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept

https://investors.ideanomics.com/2020-06-10...-EV-Taxi-Orders

--------------------
Nopoo

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2020, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

also, we get our lithium from Australia

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1286867...-gigafactory%2F

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 27 2020, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

A stock that divides....

I donít think I can recall a company that divides Wall Street like Tesla does, hence, there was much (huge) excitement surrounding their results this week.

Here is a small sample of the various price targets, as at 23 July, for the poster child of manically irrational exuberance.

Piper Sandler ... $2,400
Oppenheimer ... $2,209
Goldmans ......... $1475
GLJ Research ... .. $87 ........this is not a typo...eighty seven dollars...put a 1 in front of their 87 and I reckon youíre getting close.

In one single day, on 20 July, the increase in the Tesla market value exceeded the total market value of Ford...read that line again. Teslaís market value exceeds the combined market value of the following companies: GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, VW , BMW and Daimler Benz.

On 22 July Tesla announced Q2 net income of $104 million and its stock price soared in after-hours trading. A Q2 profit was essential in paving the way for Teslaís inclusion in the all-important S&P 500 Index, which requires that constituent companies have four consecutive quarterly profits.

However, the company then disclosed that it had generated a profit of $428 million through the sale of so-called regulatory credits to other car companies. Tesla sells regulatory credits generated by producing more than its share of zero-emission vehicles.

Tesla announced it had sold 90,650 cars in the second quarter, up from 88,400 in Q1 and has a target of selling 500,000 cars in 2020. Toyota sold about 10.7 million cars in 2019.

As at the close this morning (Saturday) the Tesla market value is $262.8 billion and the Toyota market value is $206 billion.

Before we move on, and I donít think I need to say this, but you may recall that some years ago I spoke about the forthcoming electrification of transportation and the inevitable seismic growth in electric vehicle sales.

My issue with Tesla is its valuation, as it assumes near total world domination of the electric vehicle market. This suggests that Toyota, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Hyundai and everyone else will not compete aggressively with Tesla, which to me is simply unthinkable and ridiculous.

As I told you last week I bought puts on Tesla, hence I am obviously talking my book, and believe the share price could fall to $1,000, if not further, and even then it would be insanely over-priced.

Robinhood (RH) investors are all-aboard the Tesla rocket .... which shows the most popular stocks on their trading platform, over the past 30 days. Some 531,512 RH investors now own Tesla stock, which is an increase of 217,308 over the past month.
Jonathan Pain

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  mullokintyre  kahuna1  

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 15 2020, 04:12 PM
  Quote Post

The latest in a series of incidents where Teslas on Autopilot crash into things.
And this is the second incident where the inanimate thing happened to be a Police vehicle.
from Zero Hedge

A Tesla on Autopilot smashed into the back of a patrol vehicle on the side of the road near Benson, Arizona today, according to Arizona's Department of Public Safety Twitter feed.

"Today, a Tesla rear-ended a patrol vehicle at the scene of an earlier crash on I-10 EB near Benson. Luckily, our sergeant wasnít in the vehicle & wasn't hurt," the tweet says.

In addition to being on Autopilot, the driver of the vehicle is being investigated for DUI, according to the Arizona DPS.

"We can confirm the driver indicated to troopers the Tesla was on autopilot at the time of the collision. Additionally, the driver, a 23-year-old male from Irvine, CA, is being investigated for DUI. He remains in the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries," they commented on Twitter.

Recall, it was just about a month ago that we reported about a Tesla traveling on a highway in Taiwan, at what appeared to be full speed, before slamming directly into an overturned truck that was laying across the highway. The Tesla appeared to make little or no change in direction before hitting the truck. At one point, smoke can be seen coming out of the back tires of the vehicle, indicating that the Tesla may have tried to brake - but to no avail.

Days before that incident, we reported on a Tesla that was found to have driven off a cliff under "mysterious" circumstances in Santa Clara County, California.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the Tesla "went over" the cliff, and the driver, 60-year-old Pleasanton resident James Yacorzynski, was found dead at the scene.
Finally, two weeks ago, we reported that Tesla's Autopilot was to blame for a similar near-fatal accident that took place last December. A Massachusetts State Police trooper had just pulled over a vehicle on the side of Route 24 in West Bridgewater when the trooper's vehicle was slammed into by the Tesla. A man "driving" the Tesla had slammed into the State Police cruiser that, in turn, wound up slamming into the stopped SUV. Nicholas Ciarlone, the driver is now facing a negligent driving charge, according to NBC 10.

The car was "finally stopped several hundred feet ahead" by another state trooper.

Court documents shows that when a trooper responded to the scene to help, Ciarlone said that he "must not have been paying attention." Recall, at the time of the accident, we reported that the driver said that he had put the car in Autopilot because he was checking on his dog in the back seat.

Smith said: "I thought that was terrifying. To think the sensors are not equipped enough to pick up a police car with its sirens and lights on the highway."

Perhaps it says more about the intellectual capacity of the driver/owners of Teslas than of the vehicle itself.
Mick

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jul 15 2020, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/companies/t...ory/ar-BB16JRzC

A central Texas county that includes Austin on Tuesday approved a plan to provide millions in tax subsidies to Tesla Inc if it builds a $1.1 billion vehicle factory in their community.
A majority of commissioners in Travis County voted in favor of providing the electric carmaker with a tax rebate worth at least $14.7 million. One commissioner abstained after asking for a week's delay.

=====================
seems people's that in the know, bet on it before!! unsure.gif
but it still can't match this valuation. just too many shorts on the stocks that made perfect "short squeeze" for the SP i guess!!

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 14 2020, 09:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jul 14 2020, 08:01 AM

Tesla also makes Tulips.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

henrietta
post Posted: Jul 14 2020, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nopoo's post @ Jul 13 2020, 11:13 PM

TSLA reached US$1795 yesterday. Bizarre.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

17 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING