Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

96 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

LYC, LYNAS CORPORATION LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 21 2019, 07:38 PM

According to AFR - Malaysia plans to extend Lynas licence: reports
Kuala Lumpur | Malaysia plans to extend Lynas's licence to operate a rare earths processing plant, though it could be for a shorter duration than the usual three years, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said

The sources, who declined to be named ahead of a government announcement expected by mid-August, told Reuters that the precise duration of the extension was not yet finalised.

https://www.afr.com/companies/mining/malays...20190805-p52e5t

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2019, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

Lynas Corp says it is stockpiling two rare earth metals and limiting sales to its strategic partners because of price volatility amid the US-China trade war and a slowing global economy.

Lynas (LYC) says as of June 30 it had 323 tonnes of the rare earth metals neodymium and praseodymium (NdPr), having produced 1,505 tonnes of NdPr in the three months to June 30.

“Following an extended period of softness in the published NdPr price, there was a strong price uplift later in the quarter,” with prices rising about 50 per cent, Lynas said.

“However the market remains volatile with the price settling back to lower levels by mid July. “In these volatile conditions, we remain committed to our strategy of reserving NdPr for our strategic customers. “Demand is growing strongly within this key customer base and Lynas will continue this strategy of reserving production to meet the current and future needs of these strategic customers in the current quarter.”

Even following that strategy, Lynas had $87.5 million in sales revenue on cash receipts of $106m, the company said.

While magnet-buyers are seeking long term security with multiple supply chains, the weak Chinese economy and slow growth of the automotive market means demand is low, Lynas said.

As of June 30, it had a cash balance of $89.7m, up from $67.1m at the start of the quarter.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 21 2019, 07:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2019, 12:07 PM

More protests in Malaysia but no clarity as Lynas shutdown approaches
Colin Kruger
By Colin Kruger
July 21, 2019
The Malaysian Energy, Science, Technology, Environment Minister Yeo Bee Yin, is set to make a decision by mid August on the Lynas appeal against the new conditions her ministry imposed in December on the company's processing plant.

These conditions would force Lynas to export its low level radioactive waste from the country or face the non renewal of its license to operate in Malaysia which expires September 2.

Lynas is expected to give the market an update on the regulatory issues in Malaysia at its quarterly results briefing Monday July 29.

read more - https://www.theage.com.au/business/companie...721-p52983.html

Total short positions as at 15th July, 2019 = 2.22%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=lyc
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2019, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 20 2019, 09:03 AM

Lynas Corporation Limited, an Australian Corporation and Blue Line Corporation, a Texas Corporation, are pleased to announce the signing of an MOU for a joint venture to develop Rare Earths separation capacity in the United States.

Marco Rubio Introduces a Bill to Boost the U.S. Rare-Earth Industry
Florida senator says China has subsidized its industry for rare earths

Rare earths are critical to making parts in high-tech applications including military equipment, parts almost exclusively supplied by China. One American mine recently restarted production and Mr. Rubio’s legislation aims to help develop a U.S.-based industry for turning those raw materials into alloys, magnets and other products.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/marco-rubio-in...5ab647a7a747014

Exclusive: Pentagon races to track U.S. rare earths output amid China trade dispute
Ernest Scheyder
6 MIN READ

(Reuters) - The Pentagon is rapidly assessing the United States’ rare earths capability in a race to secure stable supply of the specialized material amid the country’s trade conflict with China, which controls the rare earths industry, according to a government document seen by Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-rare...e-idUSKCN1U727N

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 5 2019, 06:31 PM
  Quote Post

Malaysia’s Environment Minister Yeo Bee Yin is refusing to give up her fight against Lynas and its $800 million rare earths processing hub in Kuantan despite Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad endorsing the renewal of the company's operating licence.

Ms Yeo continues to push WA to accept some 450,000 tonnes of low-level radioactive waste stockpiled near the Lynas processing plant on Malaysia's east coast and will meet WA Mines and Petroleum Minister Bill Johnston to discuss the issue on June 20. The waste is generated in the processing of rare earths mined at Mount Weld in WA.

Mr Johnston has already written to the Malaysian government explaining why WA won’t accept the waste and said on Wednesday that the state government would not budge. “They have asked for the meeting, that is up to them,” he said.
now around $2.70. We may well see some of the froth come out of the S/P, as this is likely to be an ongoing discussion

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 31 2019, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

The company notes comments made by the Malaysian Prime Minister about Lynas at a press conference on 30 May 2019.

We welcome the Prime Minister’s comments acknowledging the importance of the continuation of the Lynas operations in Malaysia. We will update the market as we receive further clarification from the Malaysian government.
- and pushing above $3.👍

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: May 30 2019, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 20 2019, 09:03 AM

seems it will be the biggest winner of this trade war....... lmaosmiley.gif

funny after people nearly forget this one and trump got it live again..........

nipper
post Posted: May 20 2019, 09:03 AM
  Quote Post

Lynas Corporation Limited, an Australian Corporation and Blue Line Corporation, a Texas Corporation, are pleased to announce the signing of an MOU for a joint venture to develop Rare Earths separation capacity in the United States.

Lynas is the largest producer of Rare Earth materials outside of China and has captured a significant percentage of Rare Earth materials produced world-wide today. Lynas has expertise in extraction, separation and mining at its mine in Western Australia and separation facilities in Malaysia.

Blue Line Corporation is a leading United States processor of Rare Earth products
- Trumpy will like this one

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 13 2019, 06:05 PM
  Quote Post

Will Malaysia leave Lynas in the lurch?

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2019/04/12/wil...lynas-in-limbo/

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 9 2019, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 9 2019, 12:28 PM

WES put the cart before the horse, from what I've read - "Wesfarmers does not have a live takeover offer for Lynas on the table. It does not own any shares in Lynas. Yet, it is acting as though it owns the company and is entitled to engage with all its stakeholders"

Lynas had spent months in delicate negotiations with the Malaysian government over the disposal of mildly radioactive waste generated by its rare earths plant in Kuantan, Malaysia, when Wesfarmers barged into the country to meet government officials.

Lynas had explored many different ways of meeting the demands of the Malaysian government including building a cracking and leaching facility that would extract the radioactive waste at a location outside Malaysia.

Instead of allowing Lynas to manage its relationship with the Malaysian government and come to an agreement acceptable to both sides about meeting new licence conditions, Wesfarmers elbowed its way in without having a dog in the fight.

Wesfarmers does not have a live takeover offer for Lynas on the table. It does not own any shares in Lynas. Yet, it is acting as though it owns the company and is entitled to engage with all its stakeholders.

The folly of its move was shown by the statement issue by Mahathir last Friday. Following his discussions with Wesfarmers, Mahathir was not only willing to pre-empt the outcome of the negotiations with Lynas, but he also launched into unhelpful speculation about its ownership.

So what we have done is we have opened up the business to other people, and there are other companies willing to buy up or somehow or other acquire Lynas, they have given us a promise that in future before sending the raw material to Malaysia they will clean it up first, they will crack it and decontaminate it in some way with regard to radioactivity, so that when the raw material comes here, the volume is less and the waste from that raw material is not dangerous to anybody,” Mahathir said.

--------------------

96 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING