Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 22 2018, 09:23 AM
  Quote Post

observations
$spx $sml $rut $nyad $spxadp $spxu #adv/dec
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

$spx continues to make new altime highs with $nya and $djindyet small betas failing to confirm and now the $nyad (advances/decliners) has shown a clear divergence to the majors
the $nyad chart clearly shows this is the first time in several quarters the adv/dec line has not made a confirmative new high with the $spx

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

nipper
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

it's time to add a "classic topping formation" that has shown up in the charts, according to Gluskin Sheff Chief Economist and Strategist David Rosenberg.

In a chartbook sent out to clients on Tuesday, Rosenberg makes note of the "double top" that appears to be taking shape in the S&P 500. Such a formation can occur when there are two consecutive peaks in price, and can signal a trend reversal is about to take place.

"It's important because every topping process in the market for the past five decades featured a second high that was met with poorer volume and breadth than the first test," he told Business Insider by email.

And that is exactly what we see right now. As the chart below shows, S&P 500 volume has tapered off as the benchmark index made new highs at the end of August. This shows traders are buying stocks with less conviction now than they were back in January – in the aftermath of President Donald Trump passing the biggest tax cuts in a generation.

As this chart shows, S&P 500 volume has tapered off as the benchmark index made new highs at the end of August.
As this chart shows, S&P 500 volume has tapered off as the benchmark index made new highs at the end of August.

Additionally, sharemarket breadth, or the comparison of the number of stocks advancing versus those declining, is also waning, and has Wall Street strategists concerned.

Earlier this month, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Mike Wilson said that while one key measure of breadth – the share of New York Stock Exchange-listed companies advancing versus those declining – hit a new high in August, a number of other measures are worse. And that's a big part of the reason he has been warning all year that stocks are in a rolling, drawn-out bear market.

"Specifically the % of stocks making new highs, the % of stocks above their 200-day moving average, the performance of equal weighted indices versus their market cap weighted sidekicks at both the broad index level and sector level are all showing signs of deteriorating breadth," Wilson said.

And while a potential "double top" pattern with declining volume and breadth may not on its own be enough to derail the longest bull market in history, it's another checkmark on the list of things traders should be worried about.
https://www.afr.com/markets/classic-topping...20180920-h15o1i

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 01:38 AM
  Quote Post

at 2931 $spx has a 127.2 rotation marker

an observation while awaiting that (above) level :

Attached Image

$spx v $sml v $rut

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 18 2018, 05:22 PM
  Quote Post

$hsi emphatic swing north closing the door on the downside trend

$xjo looks like todays close is probably the end of the interruption in the current uptrend
go Asia !!

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 17 2018, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Sep 16 2018, 11:16 PM

#honkers
$hsi
outside they took a pounding, inside they take a pound
the slam intraday is my last oppo to get set on a longer uphill hike, i think, i am approaching in two parts
small pinch hits both ways and a pozzy to get new altime highs over next few quartersthe $xjo supports this view too, i know there's a disconnect with Asia but how do we know there isnt a connect en mode now?
anyways, gotta get/make/have a clue and respect the risk levels and size

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 17 2018, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

appears today is a test to see if the upside has resumed and going by todays session from the swing low after the cash open so far we have a longtail in the making

$xjo

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 16 2018, 11:16 PM
  Quote Post

guessing honkers exchange(s) closed tomorrow due to the mean weather

https://twitter.com/search?q=Typhoon&src=tren

beware the fake plane video

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 14 2018, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

"As virtual currencies fall, the MVIS CryptoCompare Digital Assets 10 Index extended its collapse from a January high to 80%. The tumble surpassed the Nasdaq Composite Index’s 78% peak-to-trough decline after the dot-com bubble burst in 2000."

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1040272202384515073

indexes .......sure, not as much upside as cryptos in the same span of time .....conversely....well, ya know !!

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Sep 13 2018, 05:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 13 2018, 04:51 PM

$hsi
we may get a retest of the low after the uptrend first leg is printed but my guess is it wont occur
with pros now chasing supply

strong probability the $xjo will find a low tomorrow then ping off upwards on monday now the good #'s are in (gdp/employment)the lack of impulsivity in selling suggests weak longs letting go rather than pros exiting
no evidence that even todays close at the cash low isnt the low that'll stand !

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Sep 13 2018, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Sep 13 2018, 03:16 PM

good call budy.

long seems worked so well so far. tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: joules mm1  

1572 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING