Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

NCM, NEWCREST MINING LIMITED
NPH
post Posted: Mar 27 2014, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 7 2014, 01:02 PM

Some nice gaps begging to be filled. Would coincide nicely with a little rally in gold...i'm banking on at least one of them being filled. long from here

flower
post Posted: Jan 7 2014, 01:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 7 2014, 12:51 PM

SBM. icon14.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Jan 7 2014, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 7 2014, 10:33 AM

FTFF (Primary Resistance) met at red 55-day EMA; Fibonacci suggests support around $8.11 would be a sign of strength.

Attached Image

I'm still not taking a position in NCM. Prefer the likes of TRY, SLR, SBM.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jan 7 2014, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

Darvas Box suggests a reversal may be on the horizon.

Attached Image

(I don't hold a position, but Sue asked for a D-chart)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wren
post Posted: Nov 27 2013, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

Not a bad effort for all those mega paid execs. NCM was $40 in mid 2011 and is now $7.70 (down another 4-5% today). From a TA perspective…stay away,and it has been that way for years.

arty
post Posted: Oct 4 2013, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jwlkr's post @ Aug 26 2013, 11:11 AM

Maybe you're calling yourself lucky now smile.gif
Wednesday's Doji candle may well mark a turn of trend, which, if confirmed, could offer a chance to rebuild a position.

Attached Image

--------------------

jwlkr
post Posted: Aug 26 2013, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

Damn. I really missed the boat on this one. Need to take better care with maintaining the watchlist. Stupid stupid stupid! mad.gif

mcart117
post Posted: Jun 13 2013, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 13 2013, 12:46 PM

Hi Arty, I knew you weren't having a go, and I share your sentiments over complainers generally, and "ambulance chasers".

However, check out the volumes on 5, 6 June. That's when millions of small shareholder dollars were sucked in by the big boys.

arty
post Posted: Jun 13 2013, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Jun 13 2013, 12:26 PM

Apologies, McArty
I wasn't having a go at you or small holders in general.
I, too, have taken advantage of some kick-backs where, many years later, a Legal firm squeezed some refunds out for me.
(NUF and OZL come to mind.)

My sarcasm was aimed at Law firms, who usually take a big cut out of any penalty. They smell a buck to be made and then persuade some - usually small - investor to start the ball rolling because it's become such a common attitude to blame someone else when things don't go as planned.
What would a Trading Halt have achieved, had one been called on Wednesday? Holders would still have been unable to offload or reduce, and after resumption, NCM would still have been dumped.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mcart117
post Posted: Jun 13 2013, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 13 2013, 09:38 AM

I can smell a Class Action coming on. Always blame others.
Maybe we should invite the "poor sufferers" to join ShareScene and follow the discussion of trends.

While I fully accept the consequences of my own actions (I often slide into a stock against the trend if it has good long term fundamentals), I think NCR might have gone into a trading halt while they were drafting the report. Most companies do this to prevent gossip by anyone (senior or junior) influencing trade prior to release.

For me it was not the asset write downs (I look at resource tables not balance sheet assets of miners), but the dividend. Many small investors rely on dividends, and they will forgive rude stock price movements as long as the dividends continue to flow. For every big player sale in the last few days there was a purchase by someone outside the loop. Like you, I usually ridicule class actions, but this time I think they deserve it, if only for not going into a trading halt. And this is not sour grapes. I lost only a few pennies. It is because I believe they did not follow best practice, and a message needs to be put out to this company and others to do so.

50 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING